If Trump is not a racist and misogynist...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump is not a racist and misogynist...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If Trump is not a racist and misogynist...  (Read 1398 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2016, 12:16:25 PM »

...then why has he spent his entire career saying deeply and shamelessly racist and misogynistic things?

Lest we forget, this is the guy who made Birtherism mainstream. And all of these things that he has said as a matter of campaign strategy he has said in public, on a national stage, as part of a successful major-party presidential campaign. And he doesn't have a problem with all of this - quite the contrary. He actively embraces it.

I absolutely believe Trump and his supporters when they say he's "authentic." He's not bulls****ting; this is what he really believes. And he will be the next President of the United States of America. Think about that for a moment.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 12:56:11 PM »

http://www2.nybooks.com/daily/s3/nov/10/trump-election-autocracy-rules-for-survival.html

Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says. Whenever you find yourself thinking, or hear others claiming, that he is exaggerating, that is our innate tendency to reach for a rationalization.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »

The problem is you can't make a good case to support your very serious assertions.
Also,
If Trump is a racist, than everyone is by that standard, which isn't true so than he can't be. 
Donald Trump obviously loves women, so I don't know how you could possibly throw the misogyny word around... Dems have a tendency to turn around a loving man into a "hater" quite often... why?   
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 06:45:20 PM »

The problem is you can't make a good case to support your very serious assertions.
Also,
A. If Trump is a racist, than everyone is by that standard, which isn't true so than he can't be. 
B. Donald Trump obviously loves women, so I don't know how you could possibly throw the misogyny word around... Dems have a tendency to turn around a loving man into a "hater" quite often... why?   
Assuming that you aren't trolling (which I'm not sure of at this point, I admit), A. this is absurd. So everyone has decried entire religions, and denied African-Americans housing? OK then. For B., how about "pig", or "bleeding from wherever", or "nasty woman", or "grab 'em by the pussy"? Yeah, sounds like someone who honestly cares about women Roll Eyes give me a break.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:52:02 PM »

Ducked in here to take a peek.... ducking back out, like in many other threads on the Forum started by Red & Blue avatars alike.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 06:57:47 PM »

Also,
A. If Trump is a racist, than everyone is by that standard, which isn't true so than he can't be. 
B. Donald Trump obviously loves women, so I don't know how you could possibly throw the misogyny word around... Dems have a tendency to turn around a loving man into a "hater" quite often... why?   
Assuming that you aren't trolling (which I'm not sure of at this point, I admit), A. this is absurd. So everyone has decried entire religions, and denied African-Americans housing? OK then. For B., how about "pig", or "bleeding from wherever", or "nasty woman", or "grab 'em by the pussy"? Yeah, sounds like someone who honestly cares about women Roll Eyes give me a break.
It isn't absurd, you just furthered my point.  
1) Trump hasn't "decried" entire religions... he has said he would address dangerous elements within one.
2) He hasn't denied blacks housing, he has built housing for blacks... why the opposite of reality thing again?
3) You can't call a nasty women nasty?  why?
A straight man can't talk about sex with women (privately)? why?
Rosie O'Donnell is a pig and a 911 truther, why can't you say that?

4)...what does any of that have to do with racism or misogyny?
5) you seem to be implying impoliteness is misogynist.  
6) it isn't.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 07:21:17 PM »

Yes. Brainwashed Dem partisan hacks frequently mix-up impoliteness with misogyny, racism, fascism, you name it.

rafta_rafta

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 08:01:47 PM »

He was literally sued by the government for denying housing to Black people. He took front page ads calling for the execution of the Central Park 5 and continued to assert their guilt even after DNA proved them otherwise. Bragged about sexual assault and has 12 women accusing him of assault.`

It is astonishing that republicans can stare at the mountain of evidence and still deny it
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 08:13:42 PM »

He was literally sued by the government for denying housing to Black people. He took front page ads calling for the execution of the Central Park 5 and continued to assert their guilt even after DNA proved them otherwise. Bragged about sexual assault and has 12 women accusing him of assault.`

It is astonishing that republicans can stare at the mountain of evidence and still deny it
unsuccessfully sued 40 years ago.
thought people committed a crime.
is a straight male.

...it is astonishing that you think your ridiculous use of serious words is justified.   
rafta_rafta

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 08:23:18 PM »

unsuccessfully sued 40 years ago.
thought people committed a crime.
is a straight male.

...it is astonishing that you think your ridiculous use of serious words is justified.   

Nonsense. Trump settled with the government, had to pay for ads saying they don't discriminate as part of settlement.

What do you mean people committed a crime? The ones who Trump called to be executed were exonerated.

Straight males brag about sexual assault? Deplorable
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 08:29:40 PM »

Also,
1) Trump hasn't "decried" entire religions... he has said he would address dangerous elements within one.
2) He hasn't denied blacks housing, he has built housing for blacks... why the opposite of reality thing again?

6) it isn't.
1. Banning all Muslims from immigration, and acting as if being a Muslim would disqualify one from the Presidency?
2. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/27/hillary-clinton/true-hillary-clinton-says-federal-government-sued-/
3. OK, so would "disgusting pig of a man" be OK? I guess it would... and about "grab them by the pussy", he is not bragging about sex (which is OK in private), but about (potentially) unwanted sexual contact. In other words, if someone siting next to you on the bus suddenly reached for your crotch, would you be OK with that?
4. Misogyny and racism are the preferential treatment of one gender (specifically males, sexism captures both) or race over another. (Obviously this doesn't apply to intimate relationships) If you make denigrating comments towards a woman, that you would not make towards a man (insulting her for her looks, talking about a reporter being on her period, "Miss Housekeeping"), that is misogyny. Vice versa, it is misandry.
5. No, but impoliteness towards females (which is not directed towards males) is.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 08:58:59 PM »

Also,

6) it isn't.
1. Banning all Muslims from immigration, and acting as if being a Muslim would disqualify one from the Presidency?
2. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/27/hillary-clinton/true-hillary-clinton-says-federal-government-sued-/
3. OK, so would "disgusting pig of a man" be OK? I guess it would... and about "grab them by the pussy", he is not bragging about sex (which is OK in private), but about (potentially) unwanted sexual contact. In other words, if someone siting next to you on the bus suddenly reached for your crotch, would you be OK with that?
4. Misogyny and racism are the preferential treatment of one gender (specifically males, sexism captures both) or race over another. (Obviously this doesn't apply to intimate relationships) If you make denigrating comments towards a woman, that you would not make towards a man (insulting her for her looks, talking about a reporter being on her period, "Miss Housekeeping"), that is misogyny. Vice versa, it is misandry.
5. No, but impoliteness towards females (which is not directed towards males) is.
1) Restricting immigration based on terrorist potential is basic logic... not sure your point... he said all insted of all 6 months ago and refined the position 5 months ago?   
2) No fault settlement 40 years ago on a typically erroneous charge (if you know anything about these government agencies and race hustlers) 
3) in private, hypothetical, potentially unwanted sexual contact with laughter and braggadocio... The context was bottom line calling an attractive women... attractive.  O' the horror!!! ... fantasy scenarios in the locker room, so abnormal!
To your question: Women have grabbed my crotch without my permission... I survived.   
4) OK, by your definition Trump's non preferential treatment for anyone makes him the least misogynist and racist person in the world. 
5) Trump is impolite to males!  LOL.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 09:32:06 PM »

Also,

6) it isn't.
1) Restricting immigration based on terrorist potential is basic logic... not sure your point... he said all insted of all 6 months ago and refined the position 5 months ago?   
2) No fault settlement 40 years ago on a typically erroneous charge (if you know anything about these government agencies and race hustlers) 
3) in private, hypothetical, potentially unwanted sexual contact with laughter and braggadocio... The context was bottom line calling an attractive women... attractive.  O' the horror!!! ... fantasy scenarios in the locker room, so abnormal!
To your question: Women have grabbed my crotch without my permission... I survived.   
4) OK, by your definition Trump's non preferential treatment for anyone makes him the least misogynist and racist person in the world. 
5) Trump is impolite to males!  LOL.
1. Being a radical Muslim is no more a potential for terrorism than being a radical Evangelical Christian.  Are we going to start screening Evangelicals now?
3. Then you have been sexually assaulted. Just because you don't feel that you have been harmed by this doesn't mean that nobody has ever been.
4. Once we see evidence that Trump has insulted men for their gender-specific traits, you can say this, but "bleeds from wherever" is a sexist insult, and he has not used any equivalent towards men. An example is how he slandered Carly Fiorina and Ted Cruz- with Fiorina, he insulted her own looks, while with Ted Cruz, he went for the wife.
5. He is impolite to males, but he at least respects their views. He doesn't do anything of the sort for women.
rockhound
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:08 PM »

...then why has he spent his entire career saying deeply and shamelessly racist and misogynistic things?

Lest we forget, this is the guy who made Birtherism mainstream. And all of these things that he has said as a matter of campaign strategy he has said in public, on a national stage, as part of a successful major-party presidential campaign. And he doesn't have a problem with all of this - quite the contrary. He actively embraces it.

I absolutely believe Trump and his supporters when they say he's "authentic." He's not bulls****ting; this is what he really believes. And he will be the next President of the United States of America. Think about that for a moment.

Yes, of course, challenging the legitimacy of someone's presidency makes one a racist.  That's probably one of the most foolish claims I've yet heard!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 09:46:32 PM »

Bottom line is that it doesn't seem to matter which way or the other. He was elected President, and I'm starting to suspect that the rest of the world is going to start looking at him as our "badass" President who you don't mess with.

Maybe that's a good twist on things after Obama, who seems to have a bleeding heart for everyone.

So, look out world. We are unleashing our badass President on you, so don't try and screw us in any way shape or form or you're gonna have some badass trouble come your way!

‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 09:54:01 PM »

Yes, of course, challenging the legitimacy of someone's presidency makes one a racist.  That's probably one of the most foolish claims I've yet heard!
Show me ANYONE challenging the legitimacy of Bush's presidency based on birthplace. Or Clinton's. Or  Reagan's. I'll wait.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »

Show me ANYONE challenging the legitimacy of Bush's presidency based on birthplace. Or Clinton's. Or  Reagan's. I'll wait.
Was there any reason to? 
I mean
Connecticut, Texas, Andover, Yale, Alabama, Harvard , Texas - son of a US President
and
Arkansas, Yale, Oxford, Arkansas, - Son of town drunk
isn't
Hawaii, Indonesia, Hawaii, occidental, Columbia, Harvard - son of a Kenyan

...Hillary really shouldn't have started that mess and Barack probably should have cleared it up in an early speech like he did with his racist pastor. 
rockhound
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 10:13:07 PM »

Yep, all those folks that questioned Chester A, Arthur's legitimacy were racists.

Hopefully with Trump, the era of divisiveness that Obama supported will end.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 10:30:03 PM »

Yep, all those folks that questioned Chester A, Arthur's legitimacy were racists.
You know you're winning the argument when you have to go back more than a century to find an example to support your case!
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »

Was there any reason to? 
I mean
Connecticut, Texas, Andover, Yale, Alabama, Harvard , Texas - son of a US President
and
isn't

...Hillary really shouldn't have started that mess and Barack probably should have cleared it up in an early speech like he did with his racist pastor. 

Seriously? C'mon you don't mean that...Obama was the one in the wrong during the birther movement not the birther movement itself?! Your nuts.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 10:50:52 PM »

You know you're winning the argument when you have to go back more than a century to find an example to support your case!
Ted Cruz and John McCain were questioned.  They answered, it ended. 
Obama was questioned he didn't answer for about 6 years, than it ended. 

obviously a pattern of racism against Irish sons of admirals. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 10:58:10 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2016, 11:03:31 PM by AmericanNation »

Yes, of course, challenging the legitimacy of someone's presidency makes one a racist.  That's probably one of the most foolish claims I've yet heard!
Show me ANYONE challenging the legitimacy of Bush's presidency based on birthplace. Or Clinton's. Or  Reagan's. I'll wait.
Was there any reason to?  
I mean
and
isn't

Seriously? C'mon you don't mean that...Obama was the one in the wrong during the birther movement not the birther movement itself?! Your nuts.

Barrack was so weirdly slow to respond to pretty simple questions that many other candidates answer  because he probably lied on numerous forms throughout his life similar to the liz warren situation.  He stalled and delt with it as late as he could in his second term to minimize any possible damage.  That is the only theory that makes sense other than he is such a divisive demagogue that he purposely fueled the thing so he had "an example of racism" to club people with.  

When I'm asked where I was born, I answer honestly.  
If, an employer asks for documentation, I provide it.  I  don't scream racism.  

you guys are so nuts!

...I'll wait for an example of me calling employers racist because they asked for paperwork.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 11:27:56 PM »

Yes, of course, challenging the legitimacy of someone's presidency makes one a racist.  That's probably one of the most foolish claims I've yet heard!
Show me ANYONE challenging the legitimacy of Bush's presidency based on birthplace. Or Clinton's. Or  Reagan's. I'll wait.
Was there any reason to?  
I mean
and
isn't

Barrack was so weirdly slow to respond to pretty simple questions that many other candidates answer  because he probably lied on numerous forms throughout his life similar to the liz warren situation.  He stalled and delt with it as late as he could in his second term to minimize any possible damage.  That is the only theory that makes sense other than he is such a divisive demagogue that he purposely fueled the thing so he had "an example of racism" to club people with.  

you guys are so nuts!

...I'll wait for an example of me calling employers racist because they asked for paperwork.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/04/27/president-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate
Yeah, Obama waited "as long as possible" Roll Eyes He was born in Hawaii, as he had been saying since Day 1.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 11:40:27 PM »

Was there any reason to?  
I mean
and
isn't

you guys are so nuts!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/04/27/president-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate
Yeah, Obama waited "as long as possible" Roll Eyes He was born in Hawaii, as he had been saying since Day 1.
right 2011 is day 1 of 2007. 
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2016, 06:20:18 AM »

Was there any reason to? 
I mean
and
isn't

Barrack was so weirdly slow to respond to pretty simple questions that many other candidates answer  because he probably lied on numerous forms throughout his life similar to the liz warren situation.  He stalled and delt with it as late as he could in his second term to minimize any possible damage.  That is the only theory that makes sense other than he is such a divisive demagogue that he purposely fueled the thing so he had "an example of racism" to club people with. 

If, an employer asks for documentation, I provide it.  I  don't scream racism. 

you guys are so nuts!

right 2011 is day 1 of 2007. 
Have you considered literacy? It's a really cool and useful skill to have.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies