The Search for the next Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:49:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Search for the next Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will we find the one?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 141

Author Topic: The Search for the next Obama  (Read 10188 times)
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« on: November 15, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »

We need the next FDR at this point.

EDIT: And ninjaed by GoTfan.

This.

And we have to hope trump continues acting like some Jimmy Carter who barely defeated Ford/Nixon to make even that work.

Who the hell would that next FDR be though?

The Democratic bench is so weak right now. Corey Booker? Kirsten Gillibrand? I feel like none of the names floating around right now can fill that much needed role of "next FDR."

I feel like Bernie was close to being that guy, but he was too old and little too "out there." 
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:45:50 AM »

Under the right circumstances, I think Warren could win in 2020.

I think so too.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 11:35:03 AM »

We need the next FDR at this point.

EDIT: And ninjaed by GoTfan.

This.

And we have to hope trump continues acting like some Jimmy Carter who barely defeated Ford/Nixon to make even that work.

Who the hell would that next FDR be though?

The Democratic bench is so weak right now. Corey Booker? Kirsten Gillibrand? I feel like none of the names floating around right now can fill that much needed role of "next FDR."

I feel like Bernie was close to being that guy, but he was too old and little too "out there." 

Technically FDR ran on a fairly conservative platform before getting into the presidency and then realized he needed a much more expansive, left-wing solution. So maybe we should look for someone who runs as a semi-conservative but is actually left-wing? I don't know, the exact analogy doesn't seem to fit modern politics that well.

But I do agree that the Democratic bench is very lightweight at this point. Maybe Kamala Harris? I'm not sure.
That's close to what I thought Hillary would be.

Hillary would have been a better candidate if she didn't have so much "baggage," and had an authentic personality like Bill and Obama.

She also would have done better if she focused mostly on the issues and her vision for the country. Instead her entire campaign was focused on disqualifying Donald Trump.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 12:49:23 AM »

This is so true lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies