SD-GOV: Noem announces bid for Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:32:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SD-GOV: Noem announces bid for Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SD-GOV: Noem announces bid for Governor  (Read 1294 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »
« edited: November 14, 2016, 10:10:10 PM by tmthforu94 »

Congresswoman Kristi Noem (R) has announced her intention to run for governor of South Dakota in 2018.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.keloland.com/news/article/politics/rep-kristi-noem-announces-governor-bid

Link to announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa99bTrYTCM
mds32
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:47:10 AM »

I think she will basically take this seat easily.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »

I hope Stephanie Herseth Sandlin will announce her bid too because I love rematchs Tongue
mds32
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 10:23:01 AM »

I hope Stephanie Herseth Sandlin will announce her bid too because I love rematchs Tongue

She is better off going for the U.S. House seat again. She stands a better chance since that was the office she held.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 03:50:30 PM »

Awesome, has my complete support! She'd make a great Gov.

I hope Shantel Krebs runs for Noem's house seat.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 04:07:16 PM »

Hope the DCCC looks into Noem's seat. They can't afford to ignore opportunities like this.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 04:44:34 PM »

Hope the DCCC looks into Noem's seat. They can't afford to ignore opportunities like this.

Agreed. Then that person should run for Senate later on.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »

Sounds like Jackley is in too. This'll be a barnburner...
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »

Considering the conservative nature of this state, the Republican primary is the only real contest in this gubernatorial election.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 04:22:26 PM »

Considering the conservative nature of this state, the Republican primary is the only real contest in this gubernatorial election.
South Dakota has always been friendly to Democratic Senators and Congressmen, but not governors. I think the Democrats will go all in on the House race, but ignore the governor race.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 04:38:28 PM »

South Dakota has always been friendly to Democratic Senators and Congressmen, but not governors. I think the Democrats will go all in on the House race, but ignore the governor race.

Which is odd because its generally the opposite in most other places, but not the Dakotas.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »

Which is odd because its generally the opposite in most other places, but not the Dakotas.

I'm probably going off topic, but why is the House seat in Montana unwinnable for the Democrats? The Democrats don't seem to have much trouble with the Senate seats though.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 05:30:40 PM »

I'm probably going off topic, but why is the House seat in Montana unwinnable for the Democrats? The Democrats don't seem to have much trouble with the Senate seats though.

Once an incumbent becomes entrenched it's hard to knock them off - Denny Rehberg became entrenched quickly, while Zinke got pretty lucky with two bad years for Democrats in a row, and at this point probably couldn't get knocked off even if the Dems tried in 2018. Luckily, Zinke is probably running for Senate, so Montana Dems might have a shot.
mds32
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 06:41:57 PM »

Depends on who they can get and who the GOP puts up. If the GOP gets a row officer to run for the House seat then the Democrats don't stand much of a chance.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 05:33:49 PM »

Rick Weiland should run for her house seat, he was awesome, just lost because it was a bad year for democrats overall and there were two people who split the vote. But yeah Noem is a safe bet for Governor. She'll win easily.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 05:47:21 PM »

Rick Weiland should run for her house seat, he was awesome, just lost because it was a bad year for democrats overall and there were two people who split the vote. But yeah Noem is a safe bet for Governor. She'll win easily.

Weiland did pretty good for a guy who opposes the Keystone pipeline.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 09:56:22 AM »

They have incentives to put their most talented politico in the Senate race.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »

Marty Jackley is also running in this race.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies