WY-Gov 2016 Who Runs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:32:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WY-Gov 2016 Who Runs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WY-Gov 2016 Who Runs?  (Read 470 times)
mds32
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 15, 2016, 10:03:43 AM »

On the GOP side?

4-term outgoing U.S. Representative Cynthia Lummis
State Treasurer Mark Gordon
Secretary of State Ed Murray
State Auditor Cynthia Cloud?

Democrats
Outgoing State Senator Floyd Esquibel

If Lummis runs I think she clears the primary field with the exception of maybe an overzealous state representative who might think they have a chance. If she doesn't run the field is probably wide open with the three state executives listed as the main contenders for the seat. I don't think Liz Cheney wants to run for the governor's mansion. The Democratic bench is pretty thin in Wyoming, they only hold 3 state senate seats and 9 state house seats. It is the Hawaii of the GOP side at the moment now that Utah moved a little bit to the left this election cycle.

With Noem's announcement in South Dakota the GOP could be looking at 2 women governors still after 2018 since Haley, Martinez, and Fallin must retire. The GOP could in fact get up to 4 GOP women governors (back to the 2010 high) if Jenkins runs and wins in Kansas and either Lt. Gov Mary Taylor (R-OH), Lt. Gov. Rebecca Keelfish (R-WI), Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno (R-NJ), Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey (R-AL)/U.S. Rep Martha Roby (R-AL), or TN State House Speaker Beth Harwell (R)/U.S. Rep. Diane Black (R-TN) run/pull an upset in a GOP primary.

Honestly GOP women have decent chances in many races in 2018 now that many of the male executives are being termed out of their positions.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:17:46 AM »

Martha Roby has no chance of winning a primary after her un-endorsement of Trump and underwhelming victory last week.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:17:32 PM »

Democrats like Nancy D. Freudenthal and Mead's former AG Gregory A. Philips could make it competitive if someone worse than Cheney runs.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 06:16:32 PM »

Democrats like Nancy D. Freudenthal and Mead's former AG Gregory A. Philips could make it competitive if someone worse than Cheney runs.

That's not even remotely possible, though.

Liz Cheney is quite a bit better than most Tea Partiers IMO. I'd prefer her to Cruz or even Mike Lee.
mds32
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 06:25:40 PM »

Freudenthal could probably win against any Republican candidate that is a State Senator or State Rep/less in terms of officeholders. The GOP could also be hampered due to Trump being the President.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 08:36:51 AM »

Be on the lookout for Bradly Byrne to run for governor of Alabama (yet again)....
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »

I love how this is the Alabama and Wyoming thread.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 12:50:21 PM »

I love how this is the Alabama and Wyoming thread.
Stupid Republicans can't read. The stupid independent OP can't count(2018, not 2016).

(Disclaimer: Just teasing when I call you two stupid. I have to put this disclaimer because I know Republicans and Democrats are very politically correct.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies