Popular vote total
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:27:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Popular vote total
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Popular vote total  (Read 2502 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 08:34:59 AM »

Why do we even track the popular vote? This isn't even one election; it's 51 different elections.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 08:36:55 AM »

Why do we even track the popular vote? This isn't even one election; it's 51 different elections.

national trendline is a good indicator, but only combined with good state polls.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 09:11:16 AM »

So everyones voice can be heard. If the shoe was on the other foot, i'd bet you'd be outraged just like Mr. Trump was in 2012.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 09:23:26 AM »

Most arguments for the electoral college basically come down to "my vote should count for more because I take up more space."

Voters from small states already have disproportionate representation in Congress - especially in the Senate.  The Presidency is a single office voted for nationally.  All votes should matter.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »

More people voted for Hillary. More people wanted Hillary to be president.

Only a very stupid person doesn't know this.

Hardly anyone wanted Mrs. Clinton to be president.  Perhaps 5% of the population.
AllAboard
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 12:35:34 PM »

As of this morning, November 15, Hillary Clinton has 797,724 more votes than Trump. This is essentially equivalent to telling everyone in Dallas, Texas (population 1.3 million, about 60% eligible to vote) that their vote will be ignored this year. Why do we have the electoral college?  It has served to ignore the will and preference of the people twice in the past 20 years, resulting in Republican presidents when the people chose the Democrat. How is this democracy? Why do we have no respect for the majority vote?

There is no national popular vote or national election. There are 50 states and DC elections. Trump won 30 of those (59%to Clinton's 41%) and 306--232 (57% to Clinton's 43%) of the Electoral Votes.

Had Trump wanted/needed to win the national popular vote he would have. Clinton tried to win the majority of Electoral College votes and she failed...she wasn't tryin to win any mythical national popular vote. She rightly didn't care about that.

More people voted for Hillary. More people wanted Hillary to be president.

True statement. Except many weren't here legally! Also many had the pleasure of voting 25+ times!

Only a very very stupid person doesn't know this!
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 12:44:50 PM »

>muh popular vote

3 million non citizens voted, so Trump actually won by about 1.75 million votes.

No voter photo ID in half the states as well. Big problem in CA, NY, NJ!

Libtards BTFO, keep crying about muh popular vote.

Source? I know you're under 20 posts, but could you at least name where you got that from?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »

>muh popular vote

3 million non citizens voted, so Trump actually won by about 1.75 million votes.

Source? I know you're under 20 posts, but could you at least name where you got that from?

I'll save you the trouble:

Drudge.
AllAboard
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 12:50:49 PM »

>muh popular vote

Gregg Phillips @jumpvote

“We have verified more than three million votes cast by non-citizens,” tweeted Phillips after reporting that the group had completed an analysis of a database of 180 million voter registrations."
AllAboard
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

>muh popular vote

I'll save you the trouble:

Drudge.

Not Drudge, but of course you don't trust anything unless it's from the mainstream shill media.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 12:56:36 PM »

>muh popular vote

Gregg Phillips @jumpvote

“We have verified more than three million votes cast by non-citizens,” tweeted Phillips after reporting that the group had completed an analysis of a database of 180 million voter registrations."

You've got a reliable source?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2016, 12:57:43 PM »

>muh popular vote

Gregg Phillips @jumpvote

You've got a reliable source?
No he doesn't.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2016, 01:00:33 PM »

If anyone committed voter fraud, they should be charged with a crime, like this person. I look forward to the 1.75 million people being identified, confessed to voting for Clinton 100%, and convicted of felonies. Then I will admit that Trump won the PV.
AllAboard
Rookie

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2016, 01:01:15 PM »

I posted my source. Do some research.

Also, use your brains. If we have no ID laws, and illegals know they will be deported, you think they won't vote?

Also a project vertias video ON TAPE had a journalist get a ballot under Huma Abedin's name without ID. LOOK IT UP!!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »

I posted my source. Do some research.

Also, use your brains. If we have no ID laws, and illegals know they will be deported, you think they won't vote?

Also a project vertias video ON TAPE had a journalist get a ballot under Huma Abedin's name without ID. LOOK IT UP!!
You posted a tweet, the equivalent of verbal diarrhea.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »

>muh popular vote

Gregg Phillips @jumpvote

OK, so I looked at your source and even read the (*gag*) Infowars article on it, but besides a link to the tweet, I don't see any reason why I should believe that three million non-citizens voted. There is no evidence besides that tweet.

So, if you don't have anything else, it is just hearsay.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »

I like how this poster assumes that in states without voter ID laws you don't need to say or do anything for the polling workers to let you through other than show up.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »

Gregg Phillips @jumpvote

OK, so I looked at your source and even read the (*gag*) Infowars article on it, but besides a link to the tweet, I don't see any reason why I should believe that three million non-citizens voted. There is no evidence besides that tweet.

So, if you don't have anything else, it is just hearsay.

No, it's very likely true. I've seen the Project Veritas video where a journalist gets a ballot by using Huma Abedin's name without ID or even being registered. Anyone can just claim a ballot. Look the video up. Also, just use logic. Voter fraud, dead people registered, etc was widespread and confirmed. It happened and we still won.

Listen, I myself have an issue with how easy it is to steal someone else's vote. That does not mean it is actually happening. I will reference you to one of my previous posts. My most important point can be summarized in this headline from the Washington Post: A comprehensive investigation of voter impersonation finds 31 credible incidents out of one billion ballots cast. This is coupled with the fact that Republicans have spent years trying to find a credible large scale election fraud scheme and are yet to find one. You'd think there would be more than a scattering of cases of voter fraud if there were literally millions of fake votes being cast.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 12:20:26 PM »

BTW Clinton continues to expand her popular vote lead.
As of today its more than 1% (1.01%) and over 1.3 million votes, she will set the record for losing with the largest popular vote "win". 
A truly historic accomplishment for the first woman President......
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2016, 12:26:36 PM »

i think this in fact breaks any kind of glass wall, imagined or real.

more people want a specific woman in this job than they don't want her right now.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »

The result is important for calculating PVIs. How on Earth do you determine if a Congressional district is more or less Republican than the national average without knowing what the national average is?

This is a site full of political nerds, how can you all not be excited about the new batch of PVIs we're going to get after the election? I'm eager as hell to see how districts' PVIs changed since 2012.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »

The result is important for calculating PVIs. How on Earth do you determine if a Congressional district is more or less Republican than the national average without knowing what the national average is?

This is a site full of political nerds, how can you all not be excited about the new batch of PVIs we're going to get after the election? I'm eager as hell to see how districts' PVIs changed since 2012.

I think I already told you this in IRC last week but I am absolutely incredibly psyched to see the new PVI numbers
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2016, 11:25:42 PM »

So what will be Clinton's final PV margin? 1.5% seems likely, right? Really hilarious that this basically feels like a VA election on the national level, with CA being Fairfax County.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2016, 11:51:34 PM »

The big remaining question is whether or not Minnesota will vote to the right of the nation as a whole.  When is the last time that happened?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2016, 12:33:05 AM »

So what will be Clinton's final PV margin? 1.5% seems likely, right? Really hilarious that this basically feels like a VA election on the national level, with CA being Fairfax County.

Im hoping for 2%. And that VA comparison is oversimplified. Hillary did fine in other large blue states and her margin in Texas helped her PV numbers.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies