In act of complete betrayal, LAPD won't help deport illegal immigrants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:52:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  In act of complete betrayal, LAPD won't help deport illegal immigrants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In act of complete betrayal, LAPD won't help deport illegal immigrants  (Read 1158 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: November 15, 2016, 03:14:52 PM »

It's not their job to do this unless they detain an illegal for a serious crime. I oppose sanctuary cities as much as the next Trump voter but we have other means of getting rid of the more problematic illegals while working towards a solution that grants amnesty but not total citizenship.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:05:32 PM »

It's not their job to do this unless they detain an illegal for a serious crime. I oppose sanctuary cities as much as the next Trump voter but we have other means of getting rid of the more problematic illegals while working towards a solution that grants amnesty but not total citizenship.

Sanchez, the voice of reason! This election has truly made strange bedfellows of us all.
My position on immigration is that any illegal with a (otherwise) clean criminal record who comes forward, admits to crossing the border, and agrees to take a citizenship test should be granted permanent residency in which they are entitled to all the benefits of citizenship aside from voting rights. There needs to be punishment and a sizable number (well over a million I'd imagine) are going to need to go. And good riddance.

We can't get to this point again, where a sizable amount of illegal immigrants are residing openly and arrogantly in life. Build the fence, cut some defense spending and quit arming the Syrian rebels and use that money to beef up the border patrol, and put bull sharks in the Rio Grande for all I care. Just let us have an actual border.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 04:58:52 PM »

I just love how quickly cowardly liberals in America roll over and whimper "but he's our President." I don't care if he's your god almighty, if he desires to act like an autocrat bred in the cold, Siberian labs of Putin's Russia, you fight him every step of the way. States, counties, cities, individuals, everyone should resist to the greatest extent possible to demonstrate that wannabe Fascists have no legitimacy in this country, regardless of what any election says. Otherwise, you're no better than those you've been raised to criticize during World War II. If you think this ends any other way than protesters getting hurt or killed, families being ripped apart, your minority friends being targeted either legally or socially, some level of civil unrest, and the global environment and national ecosystem being irreperably damaged, then you're an idiot.

First they came for the Undocumented, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not undocumented.

Then they came for the Protesters, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Protester.

Then they came for the Minorities, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Minority.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Then fight back and quit bitching. Grab your gun, tough guy. Why don't all of you rich white upper middle class gated community deniziens either put up or shut up already with the apocalyptic fantasies.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »

Dereich is correct.  It is never the job of the municipal or state police to enforce immigration laws.  They can, of course, refer a suspected illegal immigrant to the feds, who can then decide whether or not to act.
While I would love it if the Tallahassee PD did exactly that, I agree 100%. I can't call myself a paleo-libertarian or paleoconservative or whatever the hell I am and then call for the federal government to step in and manage local law enforcement.

I do think a federal ban on sanctuary cities isn't an overreach of federal power. New York City shouldn't be allowed to re-introduce slavery. Miami shouldn't be allowed to legalize child rape. Tallahassee shouldn't be allowed to force their residences to smoke cigarettes. Federal power isn't inherently bad, but rather should be a last resort in every case. The Border Patrol and ICE will still be able to work in these cities, and if an illegal immigrant goes around "doing all the raping" (to quote the President-elect) then he'll be turned over when the LAPD arrests him for that crime.

In the end, the results will be unchanged. There is no need to put extra pressure on the LAPD. Their goals should be keeping the public safe and let ICE do their jobs freely and unmolested.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies