Arkansas and Oklahoma now trended GOP (NOW: FL and LA also)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:06:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Arkansas and Oklahoma now trended GOP (NOW: FL and LA also)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Arkansas and Oklahoma now trended GOP (NOW: FL and LA also)  (Read 1954 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 04:42:15 PM »

I guess I don't know how read trend maps, then. Tongue Forgive my ignorance: why is AR shaded 20% D if it trended Republican?

Blue is Republican, Red is Democrat. Tongue

Unless you mixed up Arkansas with Alaska, which frankly is kinda silly.

Come on, he knows that; it's not like he has an Arkansas avvie.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 11:26:53 PM »

Arkansas is slowly becoming a satellite state of Texas.
vileplume
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2016, 01:38:03 PM »

Oklahoma has now changed to trended Republican too. Atlas data tables have Oklahoma having a Republican swing of 2.85% compared to a nationwide swing of 2.84%. It doesn't appear to have been updated on the map yet though.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »

The trend is relatively small; I think the massive R trend from 1992 to 2012 is starting to level off. I don't see it actually voting Democratic any time soon, though.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 07:04:35 PM »

This is the dress thing all over again.
vileplume
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 11:08:41 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2016, 11:52:33 AM by vileplume »

Louisiana has now flipped to trended Republican too. If Clinton's popular vote margin keeps growing watch Florida as the next one to flip to trended GOP its current Democratic trend is 0.30%.

The vote distribution across the country is extraordinarily unkind to Hillary Clinton though I suppose that's what you get when your vote is almost wiped out in rural/small town America.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 12:16:14 PM »

I'd like to see the trend without California Tongue
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »

Though both Okla. and La. are shown on the map as trending Dem. And Minnesota is very close to voting right of center (MN is Clinton +1.52, U.S. is now Clinton +1.5).
vileplume
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2016, 03:10:24 AM »

Florida has now flipped to trended GOP too (though it's not showing on the map yet) after Clinton's national vote share lead has grown to 1.85%. The next state to watch for flipping it's trend is New Mexico where the Democratic trend stands at only 0.07%. After that it's North Carolina where the Democratic trend currently stands at 0.40% though I doubt California has enough votes left to flip it's trend but I'm not sure what the expected outstanding vote in CA is.

Assuming New Mexico flips to trended GOP as California's vote continue to trickle in at a snail's pace only 15 states (+DC) in the whole nation will have trended Democratic while a whopping 35 states will have trended Republican! This must be a candidate for all the all time record for imbalance in the number of states trending one way compared to the number trending the other way.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2016, 10:24:41 AM »

Arkansas finally rejecting the Clintons makes it even more of a Freedom state.

Yeah, but them not rejecting the Clintons in the first place makes them a Horrible State.  Net zero?

LA should be next. GA and VA are the only Southern states with a clear Democratic trend (though VA hardly qualifies as Southern these days).

I really don't understand why we only change the definition of "Southern" with the times.  It really is ridiculous when you think about it.  Illinois was Midwestern when Chicago could be outvoted by the suburbs and Downstate, and it is Midwestern now.  Minnesota was Midwestern when it was the only state to vote for Mondale, and it is Midwestern now that it has trended somewhat Republican.  New Hampshire was a New England state when it was Bush's best state in the nation, and it is a New England state now that it hasn't voted for the GOP nominee in at least 20 years.

Virginia is Southern, and it always will be in my mind.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2016, 07:27:26 PM »

Florida has now trended Republican as well.  New Mexico could also switch.  Meanwhile, Trump's margin in Texas is now under 9 points!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2016, 07:49:46 PM »

Florida has now trended Republican as well.  New Mexico could also switch.  Meanwhile, Trump's margin in Texas is now under 9 points!
Cannot find the information from Texas; I knew Florida would trend R if Clinton's PV kept increasing.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2016, 10:14:38 PM »

If the direction of a trend can be swung by the voter turnout in California, it's probably not meaningful.

The 2012 data includes California, so comparing that to 2016 data that doesn't include all of California would be misleading.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies