Why are white Manhattanites more liberal than others in NYC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:39:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why are white Manhattanites more liberal than others in NYC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are white Manhattanites more liberal than others in NYC  (Read 2358 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: November 21, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »

I don't know if they're more liberal, but they are super upper class and elite, so its not surprising they would vote 80% Clinton in this election, if that's what you're getting at.

It's not surprising that they voted 80% Clinton, but that's not why.  There wasn't a correlation of being upper class and voting Clinton, and in fact there was the exact opposite (assuming we use the ACTUAL best measure of class out there, which was income).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:29:47 PM »

Stereotypical Starbucks-drinking hipster demographic, plan and simple.

Which, again, is hardly a mark of affluence, even if some associate it with (comically misplaced) elitism.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 02:42:43 PM »

Education is the controlling factor here. The more educated you are, the more Democratic you are. The more urban you are, the more Democratic you are, the more rural you are, the more Republican.

So white Manhattanites are at the nexus of being more educated and urban. So they vote Democratic.

The less educated you are, the more Democratic you are, too.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 02:50:11 PM »

Education is the controlling factor here. The more educated you are, the more Democratic you are. The more urban you are, the more Democratic you are, the more rural you are, the more Republican.

So white Manhattanites are at the nexus of being more educated and urban. So they vote Democratic.

Do not be a Marxist: quantity does not always transform into quality. The better educated you are, the more you oppose the new US regime.

I'm just saying, there are several factors that contribute to being a Democrat that have a much better correlation than education ... even though the forum would prefer to think otherwise.  The poorest and least educated in the United States are solidly Democratic.  I often hear, "well, they're disproportionately minority!"  So what?  Rich and educated Whites still vote Republican ... it's almost like there's a much better party divider!!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:02:56 PM »

Do not be a Marxist: quantity does not always transform into quality. The better educated you are, the more you oppose the new US regime.

I'm just saying, there are several factors that contribute to being a Democrat that have a much better correlation than education ... even though the forum would prefer to think otherwise.  The poorest and least educated in the United States are solidly Democratic.  I often hear, "well, they're disproportionately minority!"  So what?  Rich and educated Whites still vote Republican ... it's almost like there's a much better party divider!!

I know what you are saying. And I am saying something else Smiley

And I think you want that "something else" to be what defines the two parties.  It simply isn't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies