My prediction of Donald's first term and the 2020 election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:53:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  My prediction of Donald's first term and the 2020 election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My prediction of Donald's first term and the 2020 election  (Read 1238 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2016, 06:32:26 PM »

First want to say hello guys this is my first post with Atlas. An I want to throw out my prediction for what the next 4 years will entail. Trump will be a crappy (but not end of the world) president, the economy will go into a 90's like rescission due to his trade policies, there will be a major scandal involving his financial ties overseas that will result in Watergate like hearings. The backlash against him will actually result in the dems winning back congress in 2018 like they did in 2006 and do well in the governor races as well. When 2020 comes along Trump will be too stubborn to not run again despite low numbers and someone like Rand Paul will challenge him like Reagan did to Ford. On the democratic side it will be a big field that will narrow down to Julian Castro vs Elizabeth Warren and in the end Castro pulls it out on Warren due mainly to the Clinton base/establishment being afraid Elizabeth might be too leftist and will re-energizer the demoralized Trump base. However, Julian having seen Hillary's mistake with Kaine, picks Russ Feingold to get progressives and the Midwest energized for him. Castro runs a more on selling himself and his work as Mayor and the the HUD than just being anti-Trump and beats Donald flipping back FL, Penn, and Wis (thanks to Russ) as well as AZ winning 303-235.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:47:33 PM »

I doubt that the establishment wing will be able to pull it out because the Dems will be focused on the rust belt. Whether you agree with that strategy or not, the Sanders wing is in a far stronger position than 2 weeks ago.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:57:21 PM »

I doubt that the establishment wing will be able to pull it out because the Dems will be focused on the rust belt. Whether you agree with that strategy or not, the Sanders wing is in a far stronger position than 2 weeks ago.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:59:16 PM »

I don't think Julian Castro or Russ Feingold have any chance of being on the ticket in 2020.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 07:22:38 PM »

While I concede Russ is more heart over brain I think it's a very good chance Julian is the nom in 2020. He is young, charismatic, was a mayor of a big city in a red state so he can run on a unifying message and really paint Trump as divisive. Also he has no real baggage unlike Warren who while I love Trump would feast on over the whole Native American thing
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies