President Trump vs. Sen. Kamala Harris
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:39:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  President Trump vs. Sen. Kamala Harris
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: President Trump vs. Sen. Kamala Harris  (Read 9299 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2016, 03:32:22 AM »

"This Obama guy is an urban Harvard elitist liberal from Chicago, he has absolutely no appeal in white-working class America. BAYH/LIEBERMAN '08"
That was 4 years ago, and the democratic brand was as toxic to the Democratic Party as I think is now, and Obama had horrible numbers in white working class America, in 2012 then other democratic candidates.

So you are ACTUALLY saying Bayh/Lieberman would have been a smarter ticket for Democrats? You're agreeing with my strawman argument?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2016, 07:59:29 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2016, 08:01:09 AM by Intell »

"This Obama guy is an urban Harvard elitist liberal from Chicago, he has absolutely no appeal in white-working class America. BAYH/LIEBERMAN '08"
That was 4 years ago, and the democratic brand was as toxic to the Democratic Party as I think is now, and Obama had horrible numbers in white working class America, in 2012 then other democratic candidates.

So you are ACTUALLY saying Bayh/Lieberman would have been a smarter ticket for Democrats? You're agreeing with my strawman argument?

No, but obama was horrible, Bayh is horrible, but he would have broader appeal to working class Americans. A Clinton/Dean ticket would have been good. In 08' she had a brand of working class populist, and working families vibes, in touch to with more rural working America, in 16' her appeal was the complete opposite.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies