The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:21:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 75
Author Topic: The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 180306 times)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: March 19, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »

By this point in 2009, Obama had already signed the stimulus into law though
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1051 on: March 19, 2017, 01:11:41 PM »

Trump plummets to 37/58 in Gallup. A new low.

Definitely a special boy.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #1052 on: March 19, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »

Trump should fix a better Health Care if he wants to win 2020.
25 million uninsured is beneath all contempt.
Clarence Boddicker

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -5.91

« Reply #1053 on: March 19, 2017, 01:27:20 PM »

And that's with a GOOD economy. If we have a recession, his re-election is going to be very difficult.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1054 on: March 19, 2017, 01:36:13 PM »

The collapse in support has to be due to the AHCA and wiretapping allegations.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1055 on: March 19, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »

The collapse in support has to be due to the AHCA and wiretapping allegations.

And maybe Meals on Wheels aka Budgetgate.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1056 on: March 19, 2017, 02:33:56 PM »

Yeah, if there's an economic downturn before the midterms or 2020, it'll be a massacre.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1057 on: March 19, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »

Hell with these numbers, Hillary could beat his ass.

Low favorables are one thing. Low approvals are horrible.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1058 on: March 19, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »

Are there state polls? I liked the old Obama approval map.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1059 on: March 19, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »

Last one is on page 45
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1060 on: March 19, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »

Yeah, if there's an economic downturn before the midterms or 2020, it'll be a massacre.

Basically 2018 will be a reverse 2010....and maybe that lulls enough people into complacency or moderates Trump enough that he wins a couple of extra really close states or loses one or two of the big four but sill wins.

Or else 2020 will see maybe a couple of states he won by DDs flip...or at least all of them that didn't.

But for we know, he might try to engineer a another mid size or bigger war to make him a hero or "the horse in midstream" or creates a bubble to postpone the downturn until 21 or 22.  Maybe Democrats implode. Who knows?

After all of this, anything could happen.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1061 on: March 19, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »

But for we know, he might try to engineer a another mid size or bigger war to make him a hero or "the horse in midstream" or creates a bubble to postpone the downturn until 21 or 22.

Considering how "competently" he has run things so far, he'll probably lose any war he starts.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1062 on: March 19, 2017, 04:02:55 PM »

It's probably just noise, but wow!  I don't think Obama ever dropped that low, and we're less than two months into Trump's administration.

This is correct. Obama hit 38% approval twice (in August 2011 and again in October 2011) but never reached 37%, at least in Gallup.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1063 on: March 19, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »

Your as delusional as you were in 2016.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1064 on: March 19, 2017, 04:44:24 PM »

Thats funny coming from you. Do you not remember your behavior here during the primaries?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1065 on: March 19, 2017, 04:50:10 PM »

Last one is on page 45

I look forward to adding a 'new' state to the map or even revising an 'old' state. States that for which I most want to see a poll:

Colorado
Ohio
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Georgia
Missouri
Nevada
Maine

PPP had a poll of the 1st Congressional District of Wisconsin, and it didn't look so great for either Donald Trump or for the Congressman who looks a lot like Dracula. We might also have some interesting results for some Gubernatorial and Senate races.

Approval in the high 30s?  If such be so, then I would expect significant losses in support for President Trump in states that Bill Clinton or even Jimmy Carter used to win (if only in 1976) or even in states that haven't gone for a Democratic nominee for President since 1964.

These low ratings have happened without an economic meltdown, a diplomatic calamity, a military debacle, or the bungling of a national disaster. God help us should "The Big One (an earthquake)" strike California.

All House seats are up for grabs in 2018.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #1066 on: March 19, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »

This is probably to be expected. Remember, when the news cycle was centered around Trump, he was getting his butt kicked in the polls. When the story was "Trump brags about sexual assault" or "Trump goes on a tweetstorm" or "Trump wants to ban Muslims" or "Trump flubs debate," he was losing by 7-9 points to HRC. It's only when the news cycle was focused on her emails was there a tightening.

Now that he's President, all the news is going to be about him. His tweetstorms, his party's healthcare bill, his Muslim bans, (and their blockage) his budget, his staff being insane, and so on. He has no foil in the form of HRC. He could try to engineer a bad story about the DNC to come out in October 2018, but that probably won't save his party the same way he was saved by Comey.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1067 on: March 19, 2017, 07:09:50 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2017, 07:19:25 PM by hopper »

This is probably to be expected. Remember, when the news cycle was centered around Trump, he was getting his butt kicked in the polls. When the story was "Trump brags about sexual assault" or "Trump goes on a tweetstorm" or "Trump wants to ban Muslims" or "Trump flubs debate," he was losing by 7-9 points to HRC. It's only when the news cycle was focused on her emails was there a tightening.

Now that he's President, all the news is going to be about him. His tweetstorms, his party's healthcare bill, his Muslim bans, (and their blockage) his budget, his staff being insane, and so on. He has no foil in the form of HRC. He could try to engineer a bad story about the DNC to come out in October 2018, but that probably won't save his party the same way he was saved by Comey.
He isn't banning Muslims. 90% of Muslims are not affected by the travel ban. I wish people would get that through their heads. The Travel Ban is not permanent either.

His healthcare bill-Its not his really its Paul Ryan's in the same way ObamaCare wasn't really Obama's bill it was Nancy Pelosi's and Harry Reid's bill. I will agree that the HealthCare Bill that is going through the federal government at this moment is flawed.

His budget-Its a budget that is DOA. The President is required by law to put out a budget I think for some reason. Its really a useless process in my opinion since "The President"(whoever it maybe)" their budgets never get passed as they(The President) writes them.

I do agree that the excessive tweeting has got to stop especially when he is a bad mood. I am sure though Obama did tweet on occasion but nowhere near to the amount that Trump did.

The narrative that Comey helped Trump win the election is really for the most part false. Hillary had issues of her own. Her loss of Black Turnout in MI and WI cost her as losing Non-College Whites by big margins in those 2 states. She also lost Non-College Whites in PA by big numbers and couldn't make up for that with College Whites in the Philly Burbs'.

Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1068 on: March 19, 2017, 07:13:58 PM »

538's polling aggregate tracker also indicates his approvals have slipped over the past week, so this isn't just isolated to Gallup, it's a definitive trendline. It'll be interesting to see if this continues into the next week.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
hopper
United States

« Reply #1069 on: March 19, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »

Yes It seems like if there is an economic downturn by the time an election comes around the party in power takes a hit(think 1980 or 2008.) In 1992 the downturn was mild but Bush H.W. took the hit. It could have to do with that the Republicans had retained the White House for 3 straight Presidential Election Cycles(1980-1988) plus the factor of a mild economic downturn.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1070 on: March 19, 2017, 07:18:37 PM »

Yeah but if we had a Presidential Election in 2010 Obama would have never won as his party took a beating in a mid-term and the economy sucked.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1071 on: March 19, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »

It's probably just noise, but wow!  I don't think Obama ever dropped that low, and we're less than two months into Trump's administration.

Maybe. But what's different is that Trump is now (50+ days later) pushing for policy with health care and his budget. It's unpopular and maybe some "give him a chance" people are bailing.
I did not vote for him in 2016 because of his comments about Mexicans and will not vote for him in 2020 for the same reason. However I did want to "give him a chance" on his policies but if he can't this Healthcare Bill right I am at least "on the line" on bailing. I bailed on Obama after the Healthcare Bill I think or "The Stimulus"(can't remember which one.)

His budget will never see the light of day even with Republicans controlling both legislative chambers.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1072 on: March 19, 2017, 09:45:20 PM »

Thats funny coming from you. Do you not remember your behavior here during the primaries?

Ha yes where most of my predictions  turned out to be correct? Warning all not to vote for Clinton while you guys in your arrogance put leftist down while trying to get Republicans on your side. How did that turn out for ya?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1073 on: March 19, 2017, 09:46:11 PM »

Of course the green leftie is telling me this
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1074 on: March 19, 2017, 09:47:40 PM »

Of course the green leftie is telling me this
Putting down lefties? Good luck on taking back the Senate.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies