The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:43:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 180719 times)
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« on: March 11, 2017, 04:31:11 PM »

I think it's quite possible he'll have a net positive rating sooner or later, but I also believe his ceiling is historically low for an incumbent president.  He might not ever have more than 55% or so of Americans on his side, unless something cataclysmic happens, like a terrorist attack on the scale of 9/11.

Excluding the "honeymoon period" during his first six months and the "riding off into the sunset" period during his final month or so in office, wasn't the same true of Obama?  Sure, there were a few individual polls where he was above 55%, but when else was the polling average for him higher than that, excluding the very beginning and the very end?  Trump of course isn't getting the same kind of early honeymoon period that Obama got, but I think if he follows the Obama trajectory from the middle of his first year onwards, he'd be very happy with that.

He was around 55% for pretty much all of 2009 and around his second inauguration, but your pretty much right in that people were split on Obama for most of his presidency.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 12:04:54 PM »

Down to 38 in Gallup

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup-daily-trump-job-approval.aspx
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies