The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:38:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 180762 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« on: February 28, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »

He can hold over his base for so long with media attacks and nativist immigration rhetoric before they get restless. I have read about a factory in IN shutting down and jobs shipped to Mexico and nothing from Trump and coal plant closing in OH/AZ. At some point parts of his base will realize he is not delivering for them.

The news sites that cater to his base and Fox will likely just blame liberals for nothing happening. They won't understand that Republicans control Congress as well and can do what they want so they can pull the wool far over their eyes.

I don't think this works. The public blames the President and the party of the President for everything no matter who controls Congress, barring very unusual circumstances like a government shutdown. It just hasn't been anywhere near long enough for conservatives to start losing faith yet. Wait until the fall or next year.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:24:32 PM »

Trump continues to crash big league in Gallup. Down to 39/55 today. I suppose you could conclude that health care is taking a toll on his numbers.

Has he been under 40 on Gallup before? I don't recall but at a glance only see him at 40. Anyway, YUGE two-day shift given that Gallup is a three-day tracking poll.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 04:02:55 PM »

Trump plummets to 37/58 in Gallup. A new low.

It's probably just noise, but wow!  I don't think Obama ever dropped that low, and we're less than two months into Trump's administration.

This is correct. Obama hit 38% approval twice (in August 2011 and again in October 2011) but never reached 37%, at least in Gallup.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:02:15 PM »

Gallup:

Approve: 39% (+2)
Disapprove: 55 (-3)

Yeah, seems like it was just noise after all.

Eh, the overall trajectory has still be trending towards negative.

Yeah, 39% is still one of his worst numbers. We'll see.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 12:48:48 PM »

I believe most of these polls ask which party the respondent would vote for, but the Q poll asks which party they would prefer to see in control.  This may account for some of the difference.

Hm.. Is it not a little bit strange question to ask?

It's always been Q's preferred question away from election season. I think it makes sense; contemplated votes over a year away are super unreliable. They switch to actual voting intention closer to elections.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 02:39:23 PM »

Not totally related, but today's update also included the first negative "Economic Confidence" metric since Trump won the election. Despite the jobs numbers and all the positive economic indicators, it looks like people are souring on more than just Trump.

I'd be curious to see what's causing this. There was surge after Trump's election as Republicans suddenly became much more optimistic. Democrats became somewhat more pessimistic at the same time but to a lesser degree. Is the bottom falling out of Democrats' economic optimism (taking us back to pre-election levels with the parties reversed), or are Republicans less enthusiastic than they were, or something in between?
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »

Still shockingly high approval numbers. There really are no excuses for still "approving" of this president.

Morning Consult has apways had Trump's best numbers

It's shocking that his approval rate is above 0%.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »

Still shockingly high approval numbers. There really are no excuses for still "approving" of this president.

Morning Consult has apways had Trump's best numbers

It's shocking that his approval rate is above 0%.

It's shocking that there are a lot of dumb people in this country?

It's not surprising, just appalling.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »

Richard Nixon's lowest all-time Gallup approval rating was 24% in the summer of 1974, shortly before his resignation. George W. Bush had a similar all-time low in 2008.
But Nixon and Bush were amazing presidents compared to Trump. Different leagues really. Trump is by far the most deplorable leader of a western democratic country post WWII. It's not close.

Why?

Because that statement is wrong. Trump is actually the worst leader of a Western democratic country since the start of Reconstruction.
I intentially chose post WWII because some people would argue that Adolf Hitler was initially the leader of a western democratic country. Donald Trump may be a lot of things, but he's no Adolf Hitler.

Maybe Silvio Berlusconi? Less incompetent (and around for longer) and therefore more damaging?
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 09:50:22 AM »

That's a big discrepancy between 18-34 years old and 35-44 year olds.

I think it's not that shocking; there's a huge gap between middle-age Mormons, who are pretty uniformly conservative, and young Mormons, many of whom are liberal and will ultimately leave the church and Utah. By 35, basically everyone who is still Mormon is going to stay Mormon for the rest of their lives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies