The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:10:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 180676 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 20, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »

Now now everybody lets not get too excited over polls after what we saw last election. The entire 2016 election was suppose to calm down everybody including myself with polls but instead I felt more like I had been violated by a huge poll when all was said and done.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:38:10 PM »

He has a high floor with his Republican base staying solidly in his corner.

The sudden uptick must come from the fact that his administration is starting to "normalize" so to speak. His first 3-4 weeks felt like decades to some people including me. People feel a lot more relaxed now and have successfully adjusted to this new normal.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 11:49:41 AM by Technocratic Timmy »

Here's a question: what if the economy continues to grow and unemployment remains low throughout his term? Would he be one of the few presidents who lost reelection with a stable economy?

The economy is the only reason he's sitting at 42% and not 30-35%. People are happy, so they tolerate his stupidity and bovine flatulence.

Anyhow -- how, pray tell, does the economy keep going and defy the laws of a business cycle? I'm just curious, what do I know about the laws of economics.

There is no "law" that says cycles have to end after x amount of years. We really didn't have a real recession between 1993 and 2007.

Those times are never coming back for a few reasons. The 90's and 2000's saw three things happen that led to a robust economic boom (two of which aren't happening 2017-2020).

1. Tech boom (although I will conceded that this is a continuing process that we're still going through).

2. Baby boomers (the largest generation in human history) entering their peak earning years from the 90's-2000's. Gen X is considerably smaller than boomers and have been the ones entering their own peak earning years starting right around the 2008 crisis. While millennials are larger than Xers, they will be too young to start entering their peak earning years from 2017-2020 since the oldest of them will barely be turning 40 in 2020.

3. The collapse of the Soviet Union and sudden opening of vast marketplaces in former soviet states for commerce and trade. This formerly untapped resource of economic growth has largely been utilized. And if anything, trade and economic openness will get worse with Trump given his actions and statements.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies