The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:35:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 180905 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 19, 2016, 09:11:05 AM »

Yougov has a new poll out too:

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/j20pkfe7a0/econToplines.pdf

fav/unfav %:
Hillary Clinton 43/52% for -9%
Donald Trump 41/53% for -12%

That’s a bit of an improvement from the pre-election #s for both candidates.

Also in the poll, they asked people who either voted 3rd party or did not vote: “If you had to choose between them, who would you have preferred to have win the election?”:

Clinton 41%
Trump 36%
no preference 23%

Other questions…

Do you think the election was rigged?
yes 20%
no 55%
not sure 25%

How good a president do you think Donald Trump will be?
excellent 17%
good 23%
fair 22%
poor 38%

How qualified is Donald Trump to be president?
very qualified 19%
somewhat qualified 22%
slightly qualified 14%
not qualified 45%

Almost half are open to the fact that the election was rigged.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 04:58:38 PM »

Do numbers usually keep going up or do they stabilize?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2016, 02:17:42 PM by Spicy Purrito »

Highly suspicious of those Roe vs. Wade Numbers. I expect people simply don't understand what it is. Gallup's annual abortion poll found the pro-choice side ahead by a scant 1% this year, 47-46: http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

What's to be suspicious of? The median position on abortion in this country is in favor of additional restrictions, but not a outright ban. Additional restrictions on second trimester abortions while leaving first trimester abortions as available as they currently are is what the polls have been showing what people want for some time now.

First Trimester ends after week 13, Roe protects abortion through the 20th week. So by that measure, Roe is to the political left of the country.

I suspect many people don't know that.
Indeed.  Besides, Roe already got pulled back by Planned Parenthood v. Casey so at this point using it in a poll is just a shorthand for whether a person believes that abortion should be legal for some unspecified portion of a pregnancy, not any specific set of rules.
Still then the question is whether in general a girl needs the Sheriff's (or whether the sheriff will always be involved) permission to get an abortion, not a parent's or even a second "professional's" permission (or anyone's)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »

They have….

Trump 40/54% for -14%
Clinton 39/55% for -16%
Jill Stein 19/43% for -24%

Compared to their last poll (taken right after the election), Clinton’s popularity is down.  Trump is down too, albeit just slightly (-14, as compared to the previous -12).

Trump favorability margin by region:
Midwest: -14
Northeast: -10
South: -8
West: -25

Trump favorability margin by race:
whites: +8
blacks: -75
Hispanics: -33

Trump favorability margin by income:
under $50k: -16
$50-100k: -6
over $100k: -14

26% of Americans are out of their minds. Sad to see that Hillary number so high on the belief it was rigged. But lol at the 12% of Trump people thinking it was rigged. Must have been those 3 million illegals that voted Wink.

He is still pretty far underwater...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »

They have….

Trump 40/54% for -14%
Clinton 39/55% for -16%
Jill Stein 19/43% for -24%

Compared to their last poll (taken right after the election), Clinton’s popularity is down.  Trump is down too, albeit just slightly (-14, as compared to the previous -12).

Trump favorability margin by region:
Midwest: -14
Northeast: -10
South: -8
West: -25

Trump favorability margin by race:
whites: +8
blacks: -75
Hispanics: -33

Trump favorability margin by income:
under $50k: -16
$50-100k: -6
over $100k: -14

26% of Americans are out of their minds. Sad to see that Hillary number so high on the belief it was rigged. But lol at the 12% of Trump people thinking it was rigged. Must have been those 3 million illegals that voted Wink.

He is still pretty far underwater...

But we know from the election results that many of those who dislike him are willing to vote for him.
The election was about Hillary and Change. Can he win as the status quo candidate?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »

He needs a bounce.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 12:42:14 AM »

In the unlikely event of a re-do, I see no evidence that Donald Trump would win. The three states shown are clearly blue (atlas Red) states, but there is no way in which Donald Trump could get less than 45% of the vote in Virginia and win nationwide -- either in the popular vote or the electoral vote. Sure, 'favorability' is not an approval rating...

The way he wins at this rate is that the Democrats run the worst opposition campaign in history or that the establishment Republican lie machine rigs it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »

I think GOPers are dramatically overestimating their new superpowers. If they miscalculate and push Medicare privatization or Social Security Reform, combined with an already hyper-charged left, there's no reason to think they hold the House in 2018. They could also give a ton of cover to Ruby Red State Dems  in the Senate. 

This is what I've been thinking. Trump himself really is not that popular and once his meager bounce wears off, Republicans really won't be in a position where it is even remotely safe to push policies such as Medicare/Social Security privatization. The modern day GOP is heavily reliant on older voters and such initiatives would be toxic with them. Unpopular Trump + GOP overreach in 2018 is a recipe for disaster. Maybe they don't lose the Senate and possibly even make a net gain, but the House and oodles of state legislatures/offices could be swept away in a backlash. Gerrymandering and natural packing has made things harder for Democrats and probably given them a lower ceiling in terms of seats, but it has not made the GOP invincible.

They would really be better off playing it safe for the first 2 years so they can get a full term of a unified federal government. Save the crazy stuff for after the midterms.

Then if they save the crazy for 19, what will they have to do in 20? ...of course than relying on the Democrats dying on their own.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 10:35:02 AM »

It looks as if the President born in Kenya (according to many on the Right) is far better than the one made in Russia (according to the Left).
Somewhere in Texas, Kenya, Russia, a village is missing its idiot.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 07:23:32 AM »

I doubt that there was a honeymoon.

I think that Donald Trump is as close to the bottom as he can go, as America is divided into two nearly-equal political universes that believe in diametric opposites. Republicans are going to be proved wrong or Democrats will be made permanently irrelevant.

This would be a great four years to work abroad.

I have dual citizenship, but I've lived in America my whole life (was born here) and I'm not giving up on her. I wince at the "I'll just leave!" Thinking.

Though I don't think my wife would want to live in Europe either, so there's that haha

Why not?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »

I doubt that there was a honeymoon.

I think that Donald Trump is as close to the bottom as he can go, as America is divided into two nearly-equal political universes that believe in diametric opposites. Republicans are going to be proved wrong or Democrats will be made permanently irrelevant.

This would be a great four years to work abroad.

I have dual citizenship, but I've lived in America my whole life (was born here) and I'm not giving up on her. I wince at the "I'll just leave!" Thinking.

Though I don't think my wife would want to live in Europe either, so there's that haha

Why not?

Neither of us have ever lived in Sweden. I speak the language, she does not. Would be hard for her to get work, etc

Seems still like something to do if you do have to become a refugee...but maybe only then?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 07:58:13 PM »

But if he backtracks on those incendiary statements, will those to whom he apologizes accept it?

I won't accept it. He's a predator.

I wouldn't either. It would show him as a callow opportunist.

Or the people do and he becomes the greatest Sophist in a century if not more.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 05:48:26 PM »

Honeymoons can be bad experiences. She's a hiker and camper, they're from Greater LA, and they agreed to go to Banff to see nature at its best. He, a compulsive gambler,  decided to take a diversion in Las Vegas and spend the honeymoon funds playing a big-roller in Vegas.  She finds Vegas boring. To keep playing he hocked the car and camping gear to keep playing, and of course he went through that csh... and the honeymoon ends as she sobbingly calls friends and relatives for bus fare home.  

That marriage will not last.

Sad!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 08:32:16 AM »

Two things:

1. Morning consult and other pollsters have shown better (albeit not great) numbers for Trump

2. Quinnipiac showed a much rosier picture for democrats than what transpired on November 8th, an anti-trump house effect might be showing in his approvals as well

The polls were fine if you account for undecideds splitting 2:1 for Trump. That would give him a 4 swing and enough to swing Florida, Pennsylvania, and other states where he was behind just at MoE but won by a few thousand votes.

Then again, maybe there was a big Bradley Effect (people voting differently than they poll out of shame) out there.

With no girl or other non-good ol WASP fat cat to run against, maybe people are telling the truth.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 06:42:09 PM »

Trump's approval rating may only average in the high 30s throughout his term, but they are the the most important 30-something percent of the population. The majority-of-the-majority, so to speak.

Is that satire?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 02:12:47 PM »

Pretty sure that "pollster" had Trump winning the popular vote, which did not happen.

By at least as much as he lost!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 10:03:52 PM »

Pretty sure that "pollster" had Trump winning the popular vote, which did not happen.
Still closer than the polls that had Clinton winning by double digits

The RCP was a like C+2 and everyone else was C+4.  They were T+2 or 3.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »

Democrats just aren't "giving up" like Republicans did for 6 months with Obama or with Bush both times
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »

Trump's approval took a hit because of the fake golden shower affair.

He will recover pretty soon.

There hasn't been time to measure the impact.

Besides, it hasn't dropped at all from last week. Maybe kinky people like me approve of him more now.

The awful puns and double-entendres practically write themselves. The topic offers a steady stream of psychological connotations.

The next agency: The FPC.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 02:47:13 PM »

The double entendre by me (steady stream) was intentional.

Lol
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 08:39:33 AM »

The double entendre by me (steady stream) was intentional.

You do well by not missing out on golden opportunities.

Tinkle Down Economics- The Next Golden Opportunity. Let us all shower in fortune as we bask in the warmth of a rising tide!
Urine.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 09:58:27 PM »

Fox came out with their poll today, can't find a link yet, but Trump'a approval is only at 37%z

Instant. Buyer's. Remorse.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »

Fox came out with their poll today, can't find a link yet, but Trump'a approval is only at 37%z

Fox is not a bad pollster. That's... not good
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »

Past openings for Presidents:

Obama - 67%
Bush - 57%
Clinton - 58%
Bush - 51%
Reagan - 51%

Through who? Maybe Trump can turn it around but Reagan got elected during a problem while Trump has the wind to his back. There is always another war or a short recession that improves in time that can save him.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 12:04:52 PM »

So the travel ban isn't this popular EO its been touted as?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies