The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:14:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 181173 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 23, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »

I want to meet the 5% who are scared of Trump yet vOted for him.

Getting small subsets to say weird things is common in polls. I remember a poll once where 9% of atheists said that the law should be based on the Bible.

Just because you disagree with the reasoning doesn't mean you can't appreciate the result. For instance, kashrut (kosher) makes excellent sense as a dietary regime, especially for a pre-pathology culture. Pork may be tasty, but it does tend to be one of our less safe meats to eat because we share a number of mutual parasites.

As for that poll, the 5% were probably more scared of Clinton than Trump.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 08:29:58 AM »

Highly suspicious of those Roe vs. Wade Numbers. I expect people simply don't understand what it is. Gallup's annual abortion poll found the pro-choice side ahead by a scant 1% this year, 47-46: http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

What's to be suspicious of? The median position on abortion in this country is in favor of additional restrictions, but not a outright ban. Additional restrictions on second trimester abortions while leaving first trimester abortions as available as they currently are is what the polls have been showing what people want for some time now.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 09:50:06 AM »

Highly suspicious of those Roe vs. Wade Numbers. I expect people simply don't understand what it is. Gallup's annual abortion poll found the pro-choice side ahead by a scant 1% this year, 47-46: http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

What's to be suspicious of? The median position on abortion in this country is in favor of additional restrictions, but not a outright ban. Additional restrictions on second trimester abortions while leaving first trimester abortions as available as they currently are is what the polls have been showing what people want for some time now.

First Trimester ends after week 13, Roe protects abortion through the 20th week. So by that measure, Roe is to the political left of the country.

I suspect many people don't know that.
Indeed.  Besides, Roe already got pulled back by Planned Parenthood v. Casey so at this point using it in a poll is just a shorthand for whether a person believes that abortion should be legal for some unspecified portion of a pregnancy, not any specific set of rules.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:56:08 PM »

Meanwhile, 7% of Trump voters have a favorable opinion of Clinton.  20% of Clinton voters have an unfavorable opinion of Clinton(!).

"Local football fans blame team's QB for losing season"

Sidenote...The people who viewed this election as a choice between two good candidates crack me up. Some people just always see the bright side, I suppose.

The bright side: American youth are going to pay more attention to foreign languages, and that will cause them to become better speakers of English -- and likely less tolerant of a mangler of the English language like Donald Trump.

Knowing Russian doesn't help with the English language all that much.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 12:36:34 AM »

So, most people who disapprove of Trump already want to impeach him?  That's insane.

Agreed. Not only that, but as idiotic as Trump has been other than potentially violating the emoluments clause (and Congress could pass a law that would make that problem go away) there nothing he's done yet that would rise to the level of an impeachable offense.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 11:16:25 PM »

I wonder what Mississippi's numbers look like. Probably not necessarily where I want them to be, but SC is sorta similar to MS so this could be a good heads-up of what MS may feel.
Yes and no.  We have one senator who's been fairly regularly bashing Trump and a fair amount of our economy depends upon international trade, neither of which true for Mississippi.  On the other hand, the fact that a fair number of are Republicans have an unfavorable view of Trump doesn't mean that they wouldn't vote for him over a Democrat in 2020.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies