Best examples of Clinton campaign malpractice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:49:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Best examples of Clinton campaign malpractice
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best examples of Clinton campaign malpractice  (Read 873 times)
zorkpolitics
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »

Feel free to add other examples but this caught my eye:
Clinton’s campaign and outside groups supporting it aired more television ads in Omaha during the closing weeks than in Michigan and Wisconsin combined.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-campaign-neglect_us_582cacb0e4b058ce7aa8b861?mfnm5yh9t7bhjjor

Talk about wasting money!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 12:09:12 PM »

even better...

they KNEW michigan was in play and wanted DT to misuse his budget through expanding the map and being forced to ignore the mid weat.
elcorazon

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 12:23:54 PM »

I think she needed to put forth her own vision more particularly in the last month or two. Sadly, perhaps the Comey thing distracted them, along with the narrative that anytime anyone was talking about Clinton she went down in the polls and anytime anyone was talking about Trump he went down in the polls. They fell for that notion and continued harping on Trump's unfitness (they were correct, of course and it should have worked) rather than having a more policy oriented positive vision presented by Clinton as a positive force for good. At the end, the only image of Clinton was presented unrefuted by the Trump campaign
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 12:58:50 PM »

What positive non-sense will she do when she is using the Foundation for special favors, when she had a server at her basement as SoS & used classified material there & raised Millions of $ from Wall Street to put negative ads against Trump.

We were shouting in the debate for her to fight for some progressive values - She not only lost but destroyed the House & Senate Races - She tried to paint Republicans as a good force & was bragging about moderate GOP support (well she got sh** support from GOP in the end). There was very little mention of Climate Change, Minimum Wage, Healthcare plans, Social Security expansion & many of the agenda she is running on.

All her effort was meant to disqualify Trump - She had nothing else to offer other than that!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 01:20:07 PM »

Campaigned more in Ohio than in Wisconsin.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »

"Deplorables"
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 01:23:52 PM »

obsession with "going for the landslide" and ignoring key swing states in favor of red states that she was never going to win
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 01:49:05 PM »

obsession with "going for the landslide" and ignoring key swing states in favor of red states that she was never going to win

This.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 02:18:29 PM »

This.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 02:28:10 PM »

In my opinion, Hillary should have dumped the vast majority of money in the 270 freiwal.  

1) If a state in the freiwal was polling under +10D, she should have been putting money into it.

2) ONLY if the freiwal was totally saturated with ads and ground orgs, she can then put money into big tossup states with competitive senate races... in order
- Florida
- Nevada
- North Carolina
- Arizona

Of course, her huge cash advantage only get her so far with a terrible message.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »

In truth, she never recovered from this.  The folks in those special counties in PA, WI, and MI took this to heart.

Hillary damaged more than herself by showing her true feelings about the white working class.  She damaged the Democratic Party as well.  Guilt by association is somewhat unfair, but that's the collateral damage of Hillary's not-so-secret contempt of the white working class.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »

In truth, she never recovered from this.  The folks in those special counties in PA, WI, and MI took this to heart.
Yeah, I think that remark sealed the deal in the Midwest.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 03:12:01 PM »

which underlines how "unfair" politics is.

trump said 36434638434 things far worse and never apologized.

hillary apologized.....maybe the real mistake.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 03:12:48 PM »

"7 ways hillary is like your abuela" was bad

Saying she'd govern differently than Obama by being a woman.

Claiming dc v heller was about child safety
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 03:33:51 PM »

This what ultimately killed her campaign.

Arizona, Utah, Georgia? I remember people were even flirting with the idea of taking Texas and Alaska!

The Clinton campaign spent more time campaigning in Iowa and Ohio than they did campaigning in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. They thought they had a solid blue firewall when the actually had nothing of the sort.

The Clinton campaign severely underestimated Trump, and overestimated themselves. I remember watching a CNN interview with Robby Mook on Election Day. He was practically scoffing at the Trump campaign for making a play in Pensylvania and the Great Lake states. He thought it was a desperate move and you could see the smugness on mooks face and hear it in his voice.

Boy were they in for a shock later that night.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »

Arizona, Utah, Georgia? I remember people were even flirting with the idea of taking Texas and Alaska!

The Clinton campaign spent more time campaigning in Iowa and Ohio than they did campaigning in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. They thought they had a solid blue firewall when the actually had nothing of the sort.

The Clinton campaign severely underestimated Trump, and overestimated themselves. I remember watching a CNN interview with Robby Mook on Election Day. He was practically scoffing at the Trump campaign for making a play in Pensylvania and the Great Lake states. He thought it was a desperate move and you could see the smugness on mooks face and hear it in his voice.

There's a rumor that Hillary assaulted Mook on election night and had to be restrained. This might be why.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »

There's a rumor that Hillary assaulted Mook on election night and had to be restrained. This might be why.

I would pay to see that lol
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 03:57:03 PM »

I'm loving the cutting analysis from Atlas rn.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 04:21:57 PM »

Yeah, I think that remark sealed the deal in the Midwest.

I doubt the vast majority of swing Trump voters ever heard that remark.  The ones who did were his really hardcore supporters/supporters who watch fox news and were already RW leaners.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 04:10:51 PM »

I was hearing those rumors on election night but dismissed them as prepared propaganda by the InfoWars machine. Don't get me wrong, I believe it, but I can't prove it and I have plenty of ammunition to fire away when it comes to critiquing Clinton.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 05:15:36 PM »

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 05:18:45 PM »

i wouldn't give the trump campaign too much credit here.

i guess a talented campaign around trump would also have won states like NH/MN.

clinton's campaign obviously failed but this doesn't make the other guys look great per default.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies