Hindsight Is 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:44:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hindsight Is 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: Hindsight Is 2020  (Read 36392 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »

Okay, read 100% of the timeline in one fell swoop. Whew!

Rooting for Warren, but very (enthusiastically?) resigned to Brown at this point.
Basically my one complaint about Brown is his endorsement in the 2016 primaries, but if Spenstar is hinting at what I think he's hinting at...

Well, who am I to begrudge Bernie being the bigger man?
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2017, 01:53:52 PM »

Okay, read 100% of the timeline in one fell swoop. Whew!

Rooting for Warren, but very (enthusiastically?) resigned to Brown at this point.
Basically my one complaint about Brown is his endorsement in the 2016 primaries, but if Spenstar is hinting at what I think he's hinting at...

Well, who am I to begrudge Bernie being the bigger man?

Awesome! Happy you decided to read this, and very impressed with the show of endurance getting through this brick Wink
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »

Monday, May 18th, 2020

I have no intention of endorsing anybody or giving away the delegates that I have earned until the voters have all spoken.

Tammy Baldwin has officially chosen to stick to the sidelines, and there?s nothing to indicate that Booker will act differently. That was a blow to both candidates, but while Brown might be able to win this without her, Warren really needs Baldwin?s delegates.

Leaked documents from the campaigns suggest that both Sherrod Brown and Elizabeth Warren are searching for potential vice-presidents. Both lists are long and comprehensive, containing almost every potential name under the sun. However, there are some interesting omissions; for instance, neither campaign seems to be considering John Hickenlooper or Julian Castro.

Why? If you ask DSCC chair Chris Van Hollen why, he?ll tell you to turn on a television.

Washington DC needs to be accountable to the American People. It is a travesty that the Senators from our state, the state that has the highest number of uninsured people, have voted to take away your healthcare. They have voted to raise your taxes, to spend billions on a wall that we don?t want, and to deny a path to citizenship for millions of people who only know this country. It?s time we changed this, and that is why I am running for Senate!

I?ve had the privilege for eight years to serve as your Governor. I?ve done everything I can for the people of this state, to make Colorado a better place for all who live here. However, I still have a little left to give. I?ve made you proud as your Governor, and now I humbly ask that you give me the chance to make you proud as your Senator!

Chris Van Hollen, Chair of the DSCC, has been doing everything he can to get the best possible recruitments for Senate. The former HUD Secretary and the former Governor of Colorado are only the tip of the iceberg of what he?s been able to do. Later on I?ll introduce every Senate candidate, including the rest of his recruits.

Meanwhile, the presidential campaigns go on.

Jobs are coming home, ISIS is weaker, and nobody laughs at us anymore. Did I do a good job or what? The Democrat Party may try to fool you, the American People, but you know better than that, right? We?re going to win in a landslide, and we are going to Keep America Great!

The members of the establishment thinks they?ve beaten us, but they have a lot to learn! We don?t go down easily! When the one candidate who?s willing to stand up to Wall Street takes the oath of office they won?t know what hit them!

One voice can?t do much on its own. I would be nothing if I didn?t have all of you here today with me. Every day I am humbled by this movement we?ve created together. Together we will defeat Donald Trump, and together we will create a government that focuses on helping all of us!

When Sherrod Brown finally returned to his Kentucky Campaign HQ to get some rest after a long day of stump speeches, he found a printed email on his desk. His eyes widened; he wasn?t expecting a response so quickly. The person he approached about a potential endorsement was open to converse! It wasn?t a done deal, in fact, Brown was still very skeptical on his chances of getting the endorsement, but he still had to try. It was his best chance to ensure the party would be united behind him going forward.

Next time: Kentucky and Oregon vote!
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #303 on: March 19, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »

Tuesday, May 19th, 2020

Kentucky Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 84% - 48 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 16% - 9 Delegates
(57 Pledged, 2 Unpledged)

Oregon Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Warren: 65% - 46 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 35% - 24 Delegates
(70 Pledged, 4 Unpledged)

American Samoa
Northern Mariana Islands

Americans Abroad
Guam
US Virgin Islands

Senator Sherrod Brown: 1624 Delegates
  • 1476 Delegates won by Senator Sherrod Brown
  • 148 Delegates given to Sen. Brown from Senator Al Franken
Senator Elizabeth Warren: 1005 Delegates
Unpledged: 1134 Delegates

• 189 Superdelegates
  • 378 Delegates won by Senator Cory Booker
  • 567 Delegates won by Senator Tammy Baldwin
4,707 Delegates
3,763 Allocated
2,382 To Win

Nothing surprising happened here; Sherrod Brown won Kentucky while Elizabeth Warren won Oregon. However, what’s notable is that, with those two states out of the way, there is exactly one more day for primaries: June 9th. California, New Jersey, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Montana, New Mexico, DC, and the Dakotas will all be voting that day.

Next time: The candidates gear up for the home stretch![/list]
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2017, 04:07:56 PM »

Thursday, May 21st, 2020

The world has its eyes on you, California! They may tell you the race is over, but you know better! When we win here, the establishment is going to have to think twice about backing somebody who got rejected by the largest group of voters in the country!

Probably out of necessity, Elizabeth Warren is placing everything on California, including her narrative of taking on the establishment. She’s even got a prominent Californian endorsement: Governor Gavin Newsom!

Yes, I am going to be voting for Elizabeth Warren. For a lot of people, especially young people, she is the icon of the progressive movement, and someone like her is exactly the person we need to take on Donald Trump.

Not to be outdone, Sherrod Brown was able to secure the endorsement of one of his colleagues.

Everyone in the Senate knows how dedicated Sherrod Brown is to his work. He is always thinking about the most vulnerable, always considering how he can help as many Americans as possible in his job. That is exactly the kind of person we need to be our President!

What about Kamala Harris? She was approached by both campaigns and has chosen to remain neutral in the primaries.

If The California Primary Were Held Today, Who Would You Vote For?
Sen. Warren: 49%
Sen. Brown: 48%

The polling indicates that the California primary is anyone’s game, though Brown has large leads in other states like New Mexico and New Jersey.

Next time: The final Democratic Debate!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »

So exciting!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2017, 04:11:43 AM »

I'm supporting Brown, but... Go Warren! Tongue Contested Convention ftw!
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2017, 06:39:08 PM »

Bump?
Littlefinger
Rookie
United States

« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »

Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2017, 10:13:55 AM »

I just read this all in one sitting. Hopefully more posts will be added soon
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #310 on: April 15, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »

Spenstar hasn't been on in nearly three weeks. Thus, until he returns, this won't.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »

RIP amazing 2020 election timeline.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #312 on: April 15, 2017, 06:31:38 PM »

Does anyone know where he is?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #313 on: April 16, 2017, 05:33:41 PM »

He just came back to vote for Leinad of all people!
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2018, 12:43:12 AM »

Bump
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies