Texas High School: White teens chant ‘build that wall’ at Hispanics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:45:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Texas High School: White teens chant ‘build that wall’ at Hispanics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Texas High School: White teens chant ‘build that wall’ at Hispanics  (Read 1985 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2016, 05:38:27 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/11/17/white-texas-teens-chant-build-that-wall-at-hispanics-during-high-school-volleyball-match/

Clumped in the stands, according to the Dallas Morning News, a group of Archer City students holding Trump/Pence signs and wearing wigs, trucker hats and fake mustaches directed a chant toward their opponents on the other side of the gym: “Build that wall.”

Fort Hancock is about an hour south of El Paso, along the Mexican border. The Fort Hancock Independent School District’s student population is 97 percent Hispanic, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 05:44:27 PM »

Shameful, but not surprising.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 06:32:29 PM »

The people of this region know the negative impact of illegal immigration more than anyone. Their rightful desire to see the wall built shouldn't be negated by the hurt feelings of other students who I'm sure will lash out violently like all the white Clinton kids are doing as a result of this "provocation."
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:49:27 PM »

The people of this region know the negative impact of illegal immigration more than anyone. Their rightful desire to see the wall built shouldn't be negated by the hurt feelings of other students who I'm sure will lash out violently like all the white Clinton kids are doing as a result of this "provocation."

Racism is alive and well even on this forum, I see. Who cares if some brown children have their emotions hurt; they should've been born white if they wanted to be important, right?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 07:04:30 PM »

Racism is alive and well even on this forum, I see. Who cares if some brown children have their emotions hurt; they should've been born white if they wanted to be important, right?

You're posting to someone who has claimed that people of color of tried to kill him twice because he supports Trump. He's really been damaged by non-whites.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 07:13:08 PM »

You're posting to someone who has claimed that people of color of tried to kill him twice because he supports Trump. He's really been damaged by non-whites.

He also supported white nationalism at one point.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »

Assuming they were trying to kill me (they obviously weren't, though the latter incident was a bit more serious since it involved vehicles), how is that not a damaging experience? Are you saying their feelings and emotions matter more than my life if it ever came under threat? Yes or no? Answer the question.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 12:44:31 AM »

They literally did it to attack Hispanic students for being Hispanic. And most people who are actually on the border oppose crazy things like border walls. Plus all the "negative impact" of undocumented workers entering the US is bs or heavily exaggerated and reliant on assuming that the rights of people (with brown skin) from other countries don't matter.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 01:44:57 AM »

Muh economic anxiety
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 02:14:10 AM »

....You do realize that many illegal immigrants (including some from Asia, and even Europe) came here legally and merely overstayed their visas, right? "The Wall" will not do a thing to stop them.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 02:17:41 AM »

....You do realize that many illegal immigrants (including some from Asia, and even Europe) came here legally and merely overstayed their visas, right? "The Wall" will not do a thing to stop them.

Are you seriously using those ridiculous things called "facts"? How retro.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 02:28:07 AM »

Don't waste logic on him.  He was lost long ago to Trumpism.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 02:30:51 AM »

Some of those immigrants from Asia have been coming over without a proper visa for 20,000 years.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 03:26:09 AM »

Sanchez is fully back on the white nationalist train, now that he knows it can win you the Midwest.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 03:36:08 AM »

Sanchez is fully back on the white nationalist train, now that he knows it can win you the Midwest.

Oh fycking hell.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 08:03:24 AM »

I have seen a similar experience to this. So, on Halloween a local catholic school in my city was holding a Halloween dance and the soccer team dressed up as 'Mexicans', basically guys in ponchos and sombreros and well they were dancing and the entire student body surrounded them and chanted "BUILD THAT WALL" and then some guy dressed up as Trump smacked one of the 'Mexicans' to the ground and pretended to arrest him.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 09:10:11 AM »

Why should I sympathize with their "plight" again?

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 09:29:13 AM »

#MAWA
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »

If Sanchez is, truly, of Hispanic heritage, he should be ashamed of himself for saying the things he said in this thread. How disappointing. It's one thing to be a conservative voter; it's another to turn your head away to real acts of racism and attempt to rationalize them.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 09:41:22 AM »

That's the post office where Andy Dufresne mailed a postcard to Red to let him know that he was crossing into Mexico after he busted out of prison in The Shawshank Redemption.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »

I think you're a nice person so hopefully you don't condone kids harassing classmates on the basis that they're of Mexican ancestry.  I'm not Mexican but some of my middle and high school classmates thought I was. (I am half South Asian and half white, so I'm kind of brown).
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 12:02:01 PM »

True story.  On Monday night, I was heading back from a job interview in Europe, and had to change planes in Detroit.  After getting out of the jet bridge, I was heading down an escalator with other passengers when a it was abruptly shut off.  A bottleneck had formed at the bottom of the escalator because an access door to the immigration and customs hall was locked, and there was no more room left for people in front of it.  We stood there waiting for a few minutes, when suddenly somebody on the ground level by the door yelled out: "he built the wall!"
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 12:05:45 PM »

Assuming they were trying to kill me (they obviously weren't, though the latter incident was a bit more serious since it involved vehicles), how is that not a damaging experience? Are you saying their feelings and emotions matter more than my life if it ever came under threat? Yes or no? Answer the question.

So much drama. No matter what you say or how you try to spin it, there is no justification for harassing or attacking people like these students did.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2016, 01:03:19 PM »

I think you're a nice person so hopefully you don't condone kids harassing classmates on the basis that they're of Mexican ancestry.  I'm not Mexican but some of my middle and high school classmates thought I was. (I am half South Asian and half white, so I'm kind of brown).
I don't condone it, but there is a scale at play here: you can't condemn this and not condemn the other events (less frequent yet often more violent) directed at us. It's a glaring hypocrisy.

So much drama. No matter what you say or how you try to spin it, there is no justification for harassing or attacking people like these students did.
But there is justification if you voted for Trump right? We've got it coming, right?

Don't waste logic on him.  He was lost long ago to Trumpism.
I'm entirely aware of that. Doesn't mean the wall is any less necessary. If over a million crossed the river in 2000, imagine how many came in via legal ways and overstayed their visas. Hint, hint, nineteen of them later became famous for their involvement in a certain event.

Also Jerry, quit stalking me. It's weird and it's annoying.

I have seen a similar experience to this. So, on Halloween a local catholic school in my city was holding a Halloween dance and the soccer team dressed up as 'Mexicans', basically guys in ponchos and sombreros and well they were dancing and the entire student body surrounded them and chanted "BUILD THAT WALL" and then some guy dressed up as Trump smacked one of the 'Mexicans' to the ground and pretended to arrest him.
See, now this, this is something that I don't approve of. This is a little bit more than a harmless chant. I went to a small South Florida private school that wasn't particularly elitist and a bit more diverse than most, and I think a "Build the Wall" chant wouldn't offend anyone, but that type of stuff would. Don't get involved in that kind of behavior, CC, it's your freshman year, you'd be better off chasing after girls or doing drugs or studying or doing whatever it is what High Schoolers do Tongue.

If Sanchez is, truly, of Hispanic heritage, he should be ashamed of himself for saying the things he said in this thread. How disappointing. It's one thing to be a conservative voter; it's another to turn your head away to real acts of racism and attempt to rationalize them.
I am not Hispanic. I'm a half-Italian/half Scots-Irish Baptist with mostly Appalachian roots. But I find the idea that you're calling one of the most decidedly anti-collectivist posters on Atlas "a race traitor" because I happen to have the word "Sanchez" in my username (which is a reference to Superpower II-only Snowstalker played that game. We first met on the multiplayer servers there, oddly enough).
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 02:45:15 PM »

I am not Hispanic. I'm a half-Italian/half Scots-Irish Baptist with mostly Appalachian roots. But I find the idea that you're calling one of the most decidedly anti-collectivist posters on Atlas "a race traitor" because I happen to have the word "Sanchez" in my username (which is a reference to Superpower II-only Snowstalker played that game. We first met on the multiplayer servers there, oddly enough).
[/quote]

I've met plenty who completely throw away their cultural roots and begin acting in this way, so yea.

Regardless of whiter or not you're of Hispanic origin, I'm fascinated that you did not deny the observation that you are attempting to rationalize racist behavior.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies