FL-SEN 2018: Scott likely to run against Nelson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:31:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN 2018: Scott likely to run against Nelson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL-SEN 2018: Scott likely to run against Nelson  (Read 3379 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 06:13:57 AM »

Nelson used to be an astronaut....people are not going to vote against an astronaut
He was an astronaut after his career started in politics. A free spaceship ride does not an astronaut make, nor is that a big part of his appeal here. Very few people are aware of that, in fact.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 06:17:12 AM »

Nelson used to be an astronaut....people are not going to vote against an astronaut

He wasn't a particularly notable astronaut. Certainly not John Glenn, and not the only scientist to walk on the moon, Harrison Schmitt, whom was defeated for re-election after a single term as US Senator from New Mexico in 1982.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 06:17:50 AM »

Also, IndyRep's Rubio glorification is getting a bit too inflated. Rubio is a paper tiger. He won through a combination of inconspicuous identity politics and the fact that Murphy actually can't run a competent campaign outside his district, which we only learned this year due to the fact that he had not yet run a statewide campaign.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »

Also, IndyRep's Rubio glorification is getting a bit too inflated. Rubio is a paper tiger. He won through a combination of inconspicuous identity politics and the fact that Murphy actually can't run a competent campaign outside his district, which we only learned this year due to the fact that he had not yet run a statewide campaign.

I know you hate Rubio so much that you even voted for Murphy, but "identity politics"? Seriously? No one is glorifying Rubio, I am just glad that he decided to run for reelection, because I doubt Republicans could have held this seat without him. It would have been another 2000.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 08:06:09 PM »

I know you hate Rubio so much that you even voted for Murphy, but "identity politics"? Seriously? No one is glorifying Rubio, I am just glad that he decided to run for reelection, because I doubt Republicans could have held this seat without him. It would have been another 2000.
Ron DeSantis could have run a campaign and won on a platform better than "I'm young, I'm charismatic, and I'm Hispanic!" Easily.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »

He was an astronaut after his career started in politics. A free spaceship ride does not an astronaut make, nor is that a big part of his appeal here. Very few people are aware of that, in fact.

I cant see Nelson losing. Rick Scott rode in on the coat tails of the tea party and still barely won twice (between 2%) Since both Obama and Hillary are gone...the hate that GOP relies on to motivate their base will be gone.
I've made it clear that I think the seat is Nelson's for as long as he wants it. But not because he's an ex astronaut. That is hardly known down here. Nobody ever really even talks about him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies