Sessions' Replacement if He Becomes AG? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:11:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sessions' Replacement if He Becomes AG? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who?
Luther Strange

Martha Roby

Gary Palmer

Brad Byrne

Kay Ivey

Mac McCutcheon

Greg Reed

John Merrill

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Sessions' Replacement if He Becomes AG?  (Read 11107 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: November 18, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »

Word is Bentley will appoint a placeholder (like Bob Riley or Spencer Bachus), then create a free-for-all Special Election primary.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 12:53:27 AM »

I like Palmer a lot (I love those Southern rich suburban ultra-conservative districts).  He has my hypothetical support if he runs.

You formulated the VERY reason why i DISlike Palmer a lot - he is ULTRAconservative))))
You'll find many of those in Alabama. Tongue
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 12:57:53 AM »

I like Palmer a lot (I love those Southern rich suburban ultra-conservative districts).  He has my hypothetical support if he runs.

You formulated the VERY reason why i DISlike Palmer a lot - he is ULTRAconservative))))
You'll find many of those in Alabama. Tongue

I know)) But that doesn't change my opinion of them)))
I prefer Republicans of the Kasich/Ryan type, but if an arch-conservative does a good job representing his/her constituents and is well liked by them, I'm fine.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 03:01:44 PM »

There are no "far-left loonies" of any stripe in high office in the U.S.
LOL. There are plenty. Way too many.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 07:43:28 PM »

Pryor will more than likely stay on the courts, and will probably be nominated to the Supreme Court. Roby would have been likely had she not un-endorsed Trump. Riley could hang around for another 4-10 years, but is honestly a little too old, especially considering how much of the South (except North Carolina) loves to have its Senators build up seniority. Robert Aderholt is my guess.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 12:08:29 AM »

I don't know. But Strange is a surprise, he's pretty old, so he won't be around for too long. This, combined with Shelby all but certain to retire in 2022 will be a big blow to Alabama, which currently has lots of seniority, which they heavily rely on for federal funds.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 08:13:41 PM »

When Shelby retires, Strange will just start having to have pull. After that, I give him 10 more years. He'll have the rest of this term and then 2 in his own right.
Maybe even a third full term, actually. He'll be 79 at the end of his second full term, and 85 after his third full term. Shelby will be 88 at the end of this term (assuming he lives to the end). Alabama seems to loves old white men in public office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies