Opinion of Atlas After Dark (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:41:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Atlas After Dark (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 111

Author Topic: Opinion of Atlas After Dark  (Read 16586 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 14, 2017, 11:09:00 PM »

For the record despite the talk about "arbitrarily deleting accounts", only two people have ever been permabanned on AAD, one for being a Nazi and the other for death threats.

Wasn't someone banned indefinitely around election time over something trivial, and then only reinstated months later after a bunch of complaints?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »

Not to be a killjoy, but isn't solicitation against the rules here?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:42:34 AM »

For the record despite the talk about "arbitrarily deleting accounts", only two people have ever been permabanned on AAD, one for being a Nazi and the other for death threats.

Wasn't someone banned indefinitely around election time over something trivial, and then only reinstated months later after a bunch of complaints?

OK, this is what I was thinking of:

IIRC Classic Conservative was banned because HockeyDude was in a really bad mood at the time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »

It wasn't trivial though. He made an insanely bigoted post.

Opposing gay marriage qualifies as something that's ban-worthy over there?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:08:08 AM »

No, otherwise jmfcst would have been banned a long time ago.  (Fortunately no one likes him there.)

But that's what I'm saying.  I thought Classic Conservative got banned because his post said that gay marriage was a problem.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 10:17:15 PM »

No, otherwise jmfcst would have been banned a long time ago.  (Fortunately no one likes him there.)

But that's what I'm saying.  I thought Classic Conservative got banned because his post said that gay marriage was a problem.

I don't know the context of his post, but I doubt it was just that.  He's widely disliked there.

No, that's my point.  BRTD says he was banned for making an "insanely bigoted post", but my recollection was that the main objection to it was because it was anti-gay marriage.  So if that's the case, then I'm assuming that the reason why such a post was used as grounds to ban him is because "he's widely disliked there".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:49 AM »

Hang on, wasn’t IBDD also banned?  Was he later let back on?  According to this post, he was banned.  Banned by ”free speech” crusader HockeyDude because he leaked to Bushie the fact that people were re-posting Bushie’s Facebook posts on AAD against his wishes?  (And btw, it actually wouldn’t surprise me if cyberstalking someone like that was against Proboards rules, but I can’t say for sure.)

I also like how HockeyDude banned a slew of accounts with 5 or fewer posts because he didn’t like the fact that people were relaying information about stuff on AAD back to Atlas forummers like Bushie, saying that doing so constituted “actively trying to destroy this place”:

http://atlasafterdark.freeforums.net/thread/2236/deleted-50-lurker-accounts-posts?page=2&scrollTo=60454

Got that?  People leaking Bushie’s FB posts to AAD is OK, but people leaking to Bushie the fact that he’s being stalked is “actively trying to destroy this place”.  Gotta go with Gustaf on that one:

http://atlasafterdark.freeforums.net/thread/2236/deleted-50-lurker-accounts-posts?page=4&scrollTo=61542

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 02:32:17 PM »

It's kind of moot now, because Bushie is there and an active poster, and he posts long screeds of dull as dirt details from his personal life, and almost no one reads them anymore because they're boring as sh!t. Update is effectively over.

I'm not sure how that addresses my point.  You said only two people have ever been permabanned on AAD, and implied that those were justified.  I responded by bringing up examples of people being banned there for what seem like stupid reasons.  Bans that, at the time anyway, were not advertised as being temporary.  Sure, HockeyDude rescinded the ban on Classic Conservative months later after public outcry.  He'd probably rescind the ban on IBDD at this point for the reasons you gave (though as of right now he hasn't done so to my knowledge, so is IBDD currently permabanned?  is blackraisin or any others caught up in the sweep likewise permabanned?).

I mean, Dave Leip could, were he so inclined, unban all banned posters on the Atlas forum today.  If he did so, would it make sense to say "No one's ever been permabanned on this forum", even though many have been banned such that, at the time they were banned, it was intended to be indefinite, if not permanent?  With many having been banned for years?  Of course that would be a ridiculous statement.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 03:29:23 PM »

But anyway HockeyDude has kept his word on not banning anyone except people like Ziggy.

Except for the times when he banned other people (including you), which I've already explained, but let's not go around on that again.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies