Can't imagine how this failed to resonate in the Rust Belt...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:35:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can't imagine how this failed to resonate in the Rust Belt...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Can't imagine how this failed to resonate in the Rust Belt...  (Read 3230 times)
JRoby
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2016, 06:42:53 PM »

Truly boggles the mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YttscNOoAjA
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 07:15:32 PM »

Yes, Hillary's campaign was horrific. Most didn't notice it because the polls showed her ahead most of the time.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 07:49:21 PM »

MI and PA are among the oldest states in the US, in terms of median age.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 07:54:36 PM »

I can't imagine how the Access Hollywood tape resonated in the Rust Belt, but apparently a lot of people were moved to vote for Trump because of it. I'm convinced it helped him more than it hurt him.

Seriously, move on. Trump won the election, yet some of you all are still attacking Hillary Clinton. What's the point?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 08:06:55 PM »

I can't imagine how the Access Hollywood tape resonated in the Rust Belt, but apparently a lot of people were moved to vote for Trump because of it. I'm convinced it helped him more than it hurt him.

Seriously, move on. Trump won the election, yet some of you all are still attacking Hillary Clinton. What's the point?

Oh, and Mitt wasn't relentlessly attacked on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on post 2012 election by gloating Dems I suppose.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »

But lots of folks here had no intent of moving on if Hillary had won the election.  It wouldn't have been enough to just elect her; smearing and discrediting hardworking Americans who voted for Trump was their goal. 

You've seen it here.  You've never called folks on this.  You've never told folks who have called me (wrongly and unfairly, I might add) a racist, a sexist, deplorable, etc. to move on.  People here have taken unwarranted personal abuse from other forum members, and some have acted toward me in ways I would attribute to the worst hypothetical Trump supporter that people conjure up here.  I'm not some coward who needs a "safe zone", but I will call people on double standards when they pop up.  If folks who have taken a load of unfair crap for supporting Trump wish to point out Hillary's negligent campaign that did not focus on hardworking productive Americans, I'd say they're a bit entitled to gloat over the stupidity of Robby Mook, John Podesta, and company.  And the stupidity of Hillary Clinton, who's spent a lifetime overestimating herself.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 09:15:35 PM »

But lots of folks here had no intent of moving on if Hillary had won the election.  It wouldn't have been enough to just elect her; smearing and discrediting hardworking Americans who voted for Trump was their goal. 

You've seen it here.  You've never called folks on this.  You've never told folks who have called me (wrongly and unfairly, I might add) a racist, a sexist, deplorable, etc. to move on.  People here have taken unwarranted personal abuse from other forum members, and some have acted toward me in ways I would attribute to the worst hypothetical Trump supporter that people conjure up here.  I'm not some coward who needs a "safe zone", but I will call people on double standards when they pop up.  If folks who have taken a load of unfair crap for supporting Trump wish to point out Hillary's negligent campaign that did not focus on hardworking productive Americans, I'd say they're a bit entitled to gloat over the stupidity of Robby Mook, John Podesta, and company.  And the stupidity of Hillary Clinton, who's spent a lifetime overestimating herself.

Again, you won, but stay mad if you choose to. It's quite funny.

AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »

LOL,
That isn't just representative of how bad the HRC campaign is. 
It also is a good representation of how messed up the democrat party is.   
Can one person in the party make an important, logical, priority top 5 point ?   

answer: no
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 09:34:56 PM »

LOL. The comments are also hilarious.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 09:45:16 PM »

1) Did everyone of those people cry when Hillary lost?
2) Are they still crying?
3) Are they "afraid"
4) do they think they are entitled to other people caring about their feelings? 

answer:
yes, yes, yes (to the extent they understand what fear is), yes
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 02:54:50 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2016, 04:56:58 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

3) Are they "afraid"

answer:

And why shouldn't the answer be yes? Roll Eyes

Not so sure what's so off-putting about an inclusive, positive, and pluralistic message, but I guess it's threatening when others get to be seen as special snowflakes too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 03:10:14 AM »

That wasn't a great song, but that's not why she lost the Rust Belt.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 07:00:03 AM »

There goes 2 minutes of my life i wont get back.

I honestly believe more people would have voted for Trump after seeing that.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 07:43:32 AM »

i hate this tedency to over-analyze everything in hindsight......if you lose everything makes sense, if you win, everything makes sense too.

the anti-auto-bailout-candidate just won the rust belt - doesn't need to make any effing sense, plain and simple.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 08:08:37 AM »

3) Are they "afraid"

answer:

Not so sure what's so off-putting about an inclusive, positive, and pluralistic message, but I guess it's threatening when others get to be seen as special snowflakes too.
The answer shouldn't be "yes" because these people have awfulized Trump.  They awfulize every Republican. 

It's off-putting because of the undertone of it all.  This wasn't an "inclusive" video; this was a collection of the enemies of Rust Belt Working Class America sending a message that Hillary and the "Stronger Together" crew were going to put them in their place and remake THEIR world in THEIR image.

I looked at that video.  These folks, quite frankly, project the image of the talkers and whiners of America.  I can't imagine any of these folks picking up a weapon and defending America if we were invaded, so the "This Is My Fight Song" lyric takes on a degree of ridiculousness, as it is being sung by cowards from the protection of their "safe zone".  The folks who sing about fighting, but who don't have 1/8th of the grit the working class they look down on, come off as quite incongruous.  Laughable, actually. 

Is it just an ad?  Yes, of course.  I don't vote on the basis of ads.  But ads do provide a "mind massage" to undecided voters.  This mind massage, in the minds of the voters Hillary Clinton needed, was the work of someone who needed his/her massage  therapy license suspended for corrective education.
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »

LOL,
That isn't just representative of how bad the HRC campaign is. 
It also is a good representation of how messed up the democrat party is.   
Can one person in the party make an important, logical, priority top 5 point ?   

answer: no

Democrats are so out of touch.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 08:29:54 PM »

Wow, great song!  Hillary 2020
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:34 PM »

Mostly what failed to resonate was Clinton's "don't be a racist" strategy. I doubt this video had much effect.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 08:49:13 PM »

Even most Hillary supporters think "Fight Song" is an abomination.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 08:56:12 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2016, 09:07:18 PM by White Trash »

The Clinton campaign forgot that preteen girls can't vote.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 09:37:17 PM »

Let's dispell the notion that anyone but hardcore political addicts have watched this video.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 10:24:23 PM »

Let's dispell the notion that anyone but hardcore political addicts have watched this video.

That's who it was for and for the people who are on social media. The fact that some people see it as some sort of attack on the working class goes to show how angry some people who follow politics can be.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 10:30:37 PM »

I said elsewhere that if I never have to hear Fight Song again, Trump's victory will have at least one silver lining. I hated that song back in July, let alone now.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 05:33:31 AM »

3) Are they "afraid"

answer:

The answer shouldn't be "yes" because these people have awfulized Trump.  They awfulize every Republican. 

It's off-putting because of the undertone of it all.  This wasn't an "inclusive" video; this was a collection of the enemies of Rust Belt Working Class America sending a message that Hillary and the "Stronger Together" crew were going to put them in their place and remake THEIR world in THEIR image.

I looked at that video.  These folks, quite frankly, project the image of the talkers and whiners of America.  I can't imagine any of these folks picking up a weapon and defending America if we were invaded, so the "This Is My Fight Song" lyric takes on a degree of ridiculousness, as it is being sung by cowards from the protection of their "safe zone".  The folks who sing about fighting, but who don't have 1/8th of the grit the working class they look down on, come off as quite incongruous.  Laughable, actually. 

Is it just an ad?  Yes, of course.  I don't vote on the basis of ads.  But ads do provide a "mind massage" to undecided voters.  This mind massage, in the minds of the voters Hillary Clinton needed, was the work of someone who needed his/her massage  therapy license suspended for corrective education.

I think it's more off-putting that you think being American is about picking up a gun and dismissing anyone-other-than-a-white-guy who has a concern about anything-other-than-economic injustice. But I guess muh Real America has spoken. Roll Eyes Pretty sad though that you read into this video some kind of threat against working-class whites. That, right there, is America's biggest problem. White people get threatened over absolutely nothing. "We have to be sensitive to people who are different? Hell naw!" But even then, that's not what this video is saying. It was just talking about incusion. And inclusion is inclusive. Of everyone. Period. If you felt that this video was about putting whites in their place, you were watching another video. Or you are tacitly admitting that these voters actually are not in favour of inclusion... and if that's the case, then sure it's threatening. But I don't see how we could say anything positive about a person's rejection of inclusion.

Also, Trump is awful. Did you watch this campaign? Are you seriously that dumb? "The awfulization of Donald Trump"? The man bragged about grabbing women by the pussy and wanted to institute a religious test for entering the country. Get real.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 06:06:03 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2016, 06:07:55 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

3) Are they "afraid"

answer:

The answer shouldn't be "yes" because these people have awfulized Trump.  They awfulize every Republican.  

It's off-putting because of the undertone of it all.  This wasn't an "inclusive" video; this was a collection of the enemies of Rust Belt Working Class America sending a message that Hillary and the "Stronger Together" crew were going to put them in their place and remake THEIR world in THEIR image.

I looked at that video.  These folks, quite frankly, project the image of the talkers and whiners of America.  I can't imagine any of these folks picking up a weapon and defending America if we were invaded, so the "This Is My Fight Song" lyric takes on a degree of ridiculousness, as it is being sung by cowards from the protection of their "safe zone".  The folks who sing about fighting, but who don't have 1/8th of the grit the working class they look down on, come off as quite incongruous.  Laughable, actually.  

Is it just an ad?  Yes, of course.  I don't vote on the basis of ads.  But ads do provide a "mind massage" to undecided voters.  This mind massage, in the minds of the voters Hillary Clinton needed, was the work of someone who needed his/her massage  therapy license suspended for corrective education.

I think it's more off-putting that you think being American is about picking up a gun and dismissing anyone-other-than-a-white-guy who has a concern about anything-other-than-economic injustice. But I guess muh Real America has spoken. Roll Eyes Pretty sad though that you read into this video some kind of threat against working-class whites. That, right there, is America's biggest problem. White people get threatened over absolutely nothing. "We have to be sensitive to people who are different? Hell naw!" But even then, that's not what this video is saying. It was just talking about incusion. And inclusion is inclusive. Of everyone. Period. If you felt that this video was about putting whites in their place, you were watching another video. Or you are tacitly admitting that these voters actually are not in favour of inclusion... and if that's the case, then sure it's threatening. But I don't see how we could say anything positive about a person's rejection of inclusion.

Also, Trump is awful. Did you watch this campaign? Are you seriously that dumb? "The awfulization of Donald Trump"? The man bragged about grabbing women by the pussy and wanted to institute a religious test for entering the country. Get real.

I don't know about "real" America.  But Productive America has spoken.  The Makers have replied to the Takers, and I fail to see what's wrong with that.

As to Trump's comments, I won't defend him.  Hillary's "deplorable" comment cancels that out as far as I'm concerned.  That one was aimed at me and my family, and it became all I need to know.

As to a "religious test" for immigrants, I have no problem with that.  Religions involve ideology.  Islam involves ideology as well as ritual and belief.  And a significant swath of Islam involves, as its ideology, Honor Killings, Conversion by the Sword, stark separation of genders and subjugation of women, and the willingness to lie and say you are something you are not in order to use the political devices of a country to gain power by democratic means, after which you impose a rigid Iranian-style theocracy.  These are all part of the ideology of a significant portion of Islam.

These people (or anyone else, for that matter) have no RIGHT to enter the United States.  We have the right to keep out folks whose ideology would deliberately undermine our republican form of government, or whose philosophy contrasts with starkly with American norms.  Sharia Law and the American system of justice are incompatible, and we, as a people, have a right to not want folks to be able to enter here and stay here and populate our nation to where they can establish a beachhead for that.  Would we not have the right to keep out Nazis?  Bolsheviks?  Maoists?  Who we let in is for the American People to decide, and that decision ought to be made on the basis of whether or not folks are compatible to the culture and form of government we have now, their ability to be self-supporting, and their willingness to become Americans in every sense.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies