Look what the court just did...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:36:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Look what the court just did...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Look what the court just did...  (Read 2821 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2016, 11:26:03 PM »

I won't be able to convince capricious kids who lost.

Picture this: the Court decided in favor of Yankee (i.e. upholding long-time SoFE Homelycooking's definition of campaigning)  and, say, Kingpoleon or Truman was voicing displeasure over it. Does anyone believes for one second that Windjammer would speak to one of them with such elitist, "sore winner" scoffing?

I, for one, don't pretend an election is rigged when power must be shared.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2016, 11:56:39 PM »

I'm going to try to not engage in this. It's just pissing me off.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2016, 11:59:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Given the attempt by Labor to pack the court, it's plain as day how they've responded ever since they lost the election.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 12:02:48 AM »

Yes you are a sore loser leinad, deal with it.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27:20 AM »

Given the attempt by Labor to pack the court, it's plain as day how they've responded ever since they lost the election.

Before Dereich retired the court was 2-1 Federalist... I wouldn't call that as "Labor packing the court"...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 12:28:53 AM »

Wow. You're supposed to be the referee, but you're celebrating with one team and taunting the other after your call went their way.

Even if the court came to this decision fairly, as they very well may have, the Chief Justice acting like this is highly improper at best.

And let me clarify, everyone: I'm not pissed that the vote didn't go my way, I'm pissed at the conduct of certain members of Labor (including Kingpoleon smearing Yankee), before, during, and now after the election. They ally with radicals and get away with it. They smear people and get away with it. And when I say anything half as bad as what they do they pounce on me.

Maybe Adam's right--this is what Atlasia is, they're just better at it than we are. You be the judge, everyone.

And yes I said I would stop engaging in this. What can I say, I have poor self-control. Oh well!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 12:34:44 AM »

Wow. You're supposed to be the referee, but you're celebrating with one team and taunting the other after your call went their way.

Even if the court came to this decision fairly, as they very well may have, the Chief Justice acting like this is highly improper at best.

And let me clarify, everyone: I'm not pissed that the vote didn't go my way, I'm pissed at the conduct of certain members of Labor (including Kingpoleon smearing Yankee), before, during, and now after the election. They ally with radicals and get away with it. They smear people and get away with it. And when I say anything half as bad as what they do they pounce on me.

Maybe Adam's right--this is what Atlasia is, they're just better at it than we are. You be the judge, everyone.

And yes I said I would stop engaging in this. What can I say, I have poor self-control. Oh well!
As I already told you by PM I did nothing related to your accusations about how the campaign went.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2016, 12:57:31 AM »

Given the stupid and ignorant comments of some in this discussion, it is no wonder interest in this game is at an all time low.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2016, 02:36:55 AM »

Finally a controversy I'm not involved wi....oh wait I was part of one of the cases dang well at least I didn't argue with anyone after the cases Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2016, 03:35:17 AM »

I didn't read that so let's answer it:
My dear,
You are accusing me of having intentionnally the rigged the results in the favour of Blair which isn't true and a serious accusation. This is extremely disrespectful. I took the time to explain you it wasn't the case and that the reason I sided against Rpryor is a position I held for quite a long time, well before the election. And you continue to call me out for something that I didn't do. Additionnally, you're accusing me of having made a smear campaign against Yankee which I didn't do as well. I didn't send a single PM about party GOVT operation during the entire campaign.

It is you who should apologize to me. You are willing to treat me like if I'm totally garbage just because you are pissed off by the results. So yes, you are a sore loser, I have no patience with people who treat me and the institution I'm representing like s*it.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2016, 05:57:24 AM »

Why should stupid write ins, e.g. fictional characters, be valid?

In the past, several ballots were marked with remarks, e.g. I had such a tough time deciding on who to vote for.  Who cares?  These comments do not belong on a ballot.  If you want to make comments about candidates or the election, or whatever, then make the comments in the election discussion thread, not on the ballot.

The ballots in the voting booth should be used for, oh, I don't know, perhaps VOTING!

Creative write-ins are also actually VOTING just in a way that hurts Winfield's fragile feelings. Some of them are actually pretty entertaining and invalidating them because they're write ins for people who aren't in Atlasia, or just statements is just as good an idea as Winfield thinks those write ins are.

IMO opinion languages should only be allowed if they use the Latin alphabet.

I will ignore the personal attack from Left, and try to explain further.

The voting booth is for voting.

Commentary does not belong in the voting booth.

Commentary belongs in the commentary threads, not the voting booth.

The voting booth is for voting, only.

Does everyone understand now?

I think I understand. Just imagine a chaotic world where people actually have the freedom to write stuff on their ballot. That would be a chaotic world wouldn't it? Imagine people writing stuff like "I had a hard time deciding" on their ballot. It would totally ruin Atlasia.

Luckily for us, Atlasia is just a game, and you need to loosen up.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2016, 10:44:31 AM »

LOSER LEINAD has poor reading comprehension skills. Sad!

Maybe it's just bad eyes? Allow me to enlarge it. From the June 7 ruling:

For those accusing this ruling of being partisan, maybe just look at a case from several months ago:

Quote from: Restricted

According to the Fourth constitution, only 2 reasons exist that can invalidate a vote cast by a registered voter:
-the voter registered on the atlas forum less than 168 hours before the beginning of the election,
-requirements for activity that may have been established by law

Thus, since the election was held in accordance with the procedures given in the Fourth Constitution, the definition of voter eligibility described in the Fourth Constitution must be used.

I join in full the opinion delivered by Justice Windjammer.

Bipartisan agreement on the resolution. Same standard applied then. Same guy disqualifying votes then.

Idiots. Roll Eyes
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2016, 02:53:17 PM by Virginia »

Honestly, with that June 7 ruling, it should have been clear that any laws permitting the SoFE to invalidate ballots for any reasons other than the strict 168 hour limit and other post #-thresholds should have been invalid and thus not in effect for this election:

This was defined already, and I think there was a failure of communication in letting pryor know this. Perhaps he should have been expected to digest the ruling himself, but it's not up to him to draw conclusions on which laws are affected or not, is it?

Shouldn't the Supreme Court evaluate relevant statutes and determine which are affected and thus no longer in effect, and then post a list so people are aware of the new rules?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »

Honestly, with that June 7 ruling, it should have been clear that any laws permitting the SoFE to invalidate ballots for any reasons other than the strict 168 hour limit and other post #-thresholds should have been invalid and thus not in effect for this election:

This was defined already, and I think there was a failure of communication in letting pryor know this. Perhaps he should have been expected to digest the ruling himself, but it's not up to him to draw conclusions on which laws are affected or not, is it?

Shouldn't the Supreme Court evaluate relevant statutes and determine which are affected and thus no longer in effect, and then post a list so people are aware of the new rules?
Virginia, just for the record, there was a total rebooth 6 months ago. The evergreen vs rpryor case was a bit special because if I recall correctly, it was under the fourth constitution but with regulations made during the third constitution period.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2016, 11:07:39 PM »

My dear,
You are accusing me of having intentionnally the rigged the results in the favour of Blair which isn't true and a serious accusation. This is extremely disrespectful. I took the time to explain you it wasn't the case and that the reason I sided against Rpryor is a position I held for quite a long time, well before the election. And you continue to call me out for something that I didn't do. Additionnally, you're accusing me of having made a smear campaign against Yankee which I didn't do as well. I didn't send a single PM about party GOVT operation during the entire campaign.

It is you who should apologize to me. You are willing to treat me like if I'm totally garbage just because you are pissed off by the results. So yes, you are a sore loser, I have no patience with people who treat me and the institution I'm representing like s*it.

I did not accuse you of a smear campaign against Yankee--or anyone. I accused Kingpoleon of seeming to imply that Yankee had rejected a power-sharing agreement, an absurd accusation (although I've learned that he was simply misinformed), and I accuse people who weren't you of smearing our last candidate via PM. As I tried to explain to you then, the reason I included you in the PM I sent was because I wanted to make sure you were all aware of the tactics your party was taking--I guess I failed to explain that I didn't mean to imply that you were behind said tactics. My bad.

I apologize for implying that the court case was decided due to bias. That was a knee-jerk reaction due to frustration with the current state of Atlasia. However I still think we should be allowed to disagree with the ruling (duh), and I still think your partisan tone has been inappropriate for a Justice.

Not to take the high road as a sneaky way to keep people from responding, but I think we should try to move past the bickering. That doesn't help anyone. I made an error in voicing my concerns, even if those concerns themselves are not errors, I now see that. If this thread has caused you (I'm now addressing anyone reading this) a headache as bad as the one it caused me, I am deeply sorry for doing that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2016, 05:34:22 AM »

My dear,

I did not accuse you of a smear campaign against Yankee--or anyone. I accused Kingpoleon of seeming to imply that Yankee had rejected a power-sharing agreement, an absurd accusation (although I've learned that he was simply misinformed), and I accuse people who weren't you of smearing our last candidate via PM. As I tried to explain to you then, the reason I included you in the PM I sent was because I wanted to make sure you were all aware of the tactics your party was taking--I guess I failed to explain that I didn't mean to imply that you were behind said tactics. My bad.

I apologize for implying that the court case was decided due to bias. That was a knee-jerk reaction due to frustration with the current state of Atlasia. However I still think we should be allowed to disagree with the ruling (duh), and I still think your partisan tone has been inappropriate for a Justice.

Not to take the high road as a sneaky way to keep people from responding, but I think we should try to move past the bickering. That doesn't help anyone. I made an error in voicing my concerns, even if those concerns themselves are not errors, I now see that. If this thread has caused you (I'm now addressing anyone reading this) a headache as bad as the one it caused me, I am deeply sorry for doing that.
No problem that's okay.
I'm sorry if I have hurt you in any way.

But again, the reason Rpryor lost is the same reason hz lost a long time ago. You may disagree with it but I have been consistent on that for many months now. I'm sure you will understand.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies