11/21/16 What's your fetal position?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:10:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  11/21/16 What's your fetal position?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: You know the drill
100% Pro-Choice

Pro-Choice, but...

Pro-Life, but I am OK with stem cell research and birth control (Not a Personhood Fan)

Pro-Life, Pro-Personhood

I think there should be some form of abortion access beyond the most extreme circumstances, but I wouldn't call myself "Pro-Choice"

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: 11/21/16 What's your fetal position?  (Read 1197 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 07:27:41 PM »

The raps on embryonic stem cell research and birth control aren't really the same.

They both do not harm implanted embryoes and their ethical signicance is that they both prevent an embryo from ever being implanted. Embryonic stem cell treatments are not directly derived that way.

I'm referring to birth control/contraception insofar as it prevents fertilization, not implantation.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 08:39:08 PM »

The raps on embryonic stem cell research and birth control aren't really the same.

They both do not harm implanted embryoes and their ethical signicance is that they both prevent an embryo from ever being implanted. Embryonic stem cell treatments are not directly derived that way.

I'm referring to birth control/contraception insofar as it prevents fertilization, not implantation.

Yeah. There is that.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 09:28:38 PM »

Pro-Life, but okay with Birth Control and support Mother's life exemptions (No strong opinion on Rape/Incest). Would vote against Personhood.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 09:32:48 PM »

Pro-Life, but okay with Birth Control and support Mother's life exemptions (No strong opinion on Rape/Incest). Would vote against Personhood.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »

kind of like this:

Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2016, 10:20:32 PM »

3rd option.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 09:09:51 AM »

This, I think there should be some form of abortion access beyond the most extreme circumstances, but I wouldn't call myself "Pro-Choice"
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 11:45:59 AM »

This, I think there should be some form of abortion access beyond the most extreme circumstances, but I wouldn't call myself "Pro-Choice"

Quick question- Where would you put a post-Roe law that stated

1- Abortion is legal in the first 14 weeks if the embryos genome is heavily damaged and it is proven through a public health screening. And legal to 22 weeks if the fetus has sustained great environmental damage.

2- Abortion is legal forensically in the first 14 weeks if there was a police report filed that stated the pregnancy was caused by a felony where the applicant was not a coperpateator. The applicant must wait a week for it to be refuted and silence would be seen as a nonrefutation. And legal to 22 weeks if an indictment or information is filed based on the report.

3- It will be considered legal at any time where the pregnancy can't be delivered and abortion is the only way for the applicant to survive, not sustain a permanent disability or not be sterilized. This will be determined by the county hospital board and can be subject to emergency appeal to state trial court.

4- Legal up to 14 weeks where it is determined at a distress action that the mother will not be unable to care for the infant once born, or is under 16, and an adoption can't be readily made. This would be handled by a quasi judicial tribunal.

5- At 14 weeks, it is determined that after genomic screening and no police report or distress action is filed, the mother will be able to apply for benefits, identification and receive child support.

6- Unauthorized , nonconsented to, or unsubstantiated termination at the culpability level of at least reckless, until 7 weeks will be called Abortional Sodomy  and be a gross Misdemeanor. The provider, doctor, and father will be charged unless the father reports it. Whoever violates this twice must register as a sex offender. Until 14 weeks, the same will be charged as a petty abortional manslaughter and be the lowest possible felony. A third offense at the misdemeanor level will also be chagrd with this. This, and all higer abortion charges will require the offenders to register as sex offenders. Until 22 weeks, the same will be charged as a Gross Abortional Manslaughter and be punished as the minimal offense that requires mandatory prison sentencing or the next highest level. The same beyond 22 weeks will be tried as first degree manslaughter.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »

I'm pro-life personally, though I don't believe I can force my religious views on others. Chris Christie made a good point: the GOP needs to be pro-life for the entirety of life. Pro-lifers sure love to picket the Planned Parenthood clinics and hurl insults at the women going in, but they don't seem to have any of that "Christian charity" that they always use as their excuse to oppose the necessary core of our social welfare system when it comes to keeping the child alive after birth. God forbid George Tiller kill a baby but who cares if he is black and grows up in poverty amirite?!?!

These kind of people are called "Ted Cruz supporters."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »

I'm pro-life personally, though I don't believe I can force my religious views on others. Chris Christie made a good point: the GOP needs to be pro-life for the entirety of life. Pro-lifers sure love to picket the Planned Parenthood clinics and hurl insults at the women going in, but they don't seem to have any of that "Christian charity" that they always use as their excuse to oppose the necessary core of our social welfare system when it comes to keeping the child alive after birth. God forbid George Tiller kill a baby but who cares if he is black and grows up in poverty amirite?!?!

I mean, I'm fully in favor of the GOP embracing an overall ethic of life, but I'm probably not the one you're directing your tirade at.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »

Mostly Pro-Choice, though past a certain point in the pregnancy it should only be allowed in cases when the mother's life is in danger.
This.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2016, 04:12:44 PM »

Pro-choice, but strongly pro-sex education, as I believe that better sex education will reduce the demand for abortions.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »

Pro-choice, but strongly pro-sex education, as I believe that better sex education will reduce the demand for abortions.
Of course! You are not pro-abortion. Who is, besides the CCP?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2016, 06:31:44 PM »

Voted option 2.  Maybe I'm pretty close to option 1 from a legal standpoint, but I personally think abortion is a bad thing.  I just think outlawing would be counterproductive, and needlessly endanger pregnant women.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 11:13:33 AM »

This. I am an option 5. I personally do not like abortion, and do not buy into this "women's right to chose" argument, however banning it would be impractical.

Assuming that congressional republicans do pass a federal abortion ban in a post Roe world and I was president, I would hold the bill hostage until they passed a massive expansion of the welfare state, especially for the disabled children that parents have to take care of.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 11:39:57 AM »

This. I am an option 5. I personally do not like abortion, and do not buy into this "women's right to chose" argument, however banning it would be impractical.

Assuming that congressional republicans do pass a federal abortion ban in a post Roe world and I was president, I would hold the bill hostage until they passed a massive expansion of the welfare state, especially for the disabled children that parents have to take care of.

What about the plan I listed? And add in there that any geneticly or environmentally damaged fetus gets Medicare and SSI if there is no abortion.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2016, 02:19:21 PM »

What about the plan I listed? And add in there that any geneticly or environmentally damaged fetus gets Medicare and SSI if there is no abortion.

I am perfectly fine with all of it but number 6, I am not comfortable being too strict, and creating a culture of back alley abortions, there is a statistical sweet spot, thought I do not know what it is. In addition sterilization incentives should be added for those that are genetically damaged.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies