Clinton electors lobbying for EC protest votes? *UPDATE* 29 electors want intel briefing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton electors lobbying for EC protest votes? *UPDATE* 29 electors want intel briefing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton electors lobbying for EC protest votes? *UPDATE* 29 electors want intel briefing  (Read 11198 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 01, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »

what denseness has entered their heads...
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 02:41:59 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2016, 02:45:33 PM by TimTurner »

The Electoral College does not have to be abolished, and it won't.

What needs to happen is that the Electors have to be obligated, by law, to vote for the winner of the state for which they are an Elector.

And a 19 year Elector?

Wanting to make a statement?

How stupid is that?
I like this post a lot. My only quibble is that we can't speak in total certainty about the future of our country, let alone the EC.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 03:14:49 PM »

The Electoral College does not have to be abolished, and it won't.

What needs to happen is that the Electors have to be obligated, by law, to vote for the winner of the state for which they are an Elector.

And a 19 year Elector?

Wanting to make a statement?

How stupid is that?
I like this post a lot. My only quibble is that we can't speak in total certainty about the future of our country, let alone the EC.

Thank you.

You are, of course, correct that we cannot say anything about the future with absolute certainty.

However, I think we can all agree that the abolition of the Electoral College would be a very long, drawn out, bitter affair.

And constitutionally, I believe I can say that more likely than not, at least in the immediate future, and by that I mean a considerable length of time, that any attempt to abolish the Electoral College is more likely to fail than to succeed.   
Yep. Thanks for the naunce.
It can get lonely sometimes defending the EC on the internet. You're welcome, fellow EC supporter. Smiley
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 02:19:28 AM »

Colorado judge rules that faithless electors in the state could face criminal prosecution and be disqualified and replaced as an elector. So I guess we won't have any non Clinton votes in Colorado.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/13/denver-judge-orders-faithless-colorado-electors-vote-clinton/
Wonderful news!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 03:08:42 PM »

Colorado judge rules that faithless electors in the state could face criminal prosecution and be disqualified and replaced as an elector. So I guess we won't have any non Clinton votes in Colorado.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/13/denver-judge-orders-faithless-colorado-electors-vote-clinton/
Wonderful news!

The Colorado electors involved in that suit sound pretty determined. My guess is this ruling will be far from the last word on this.
Look like the message "stay determined" has been placed in the minds of the wrong group of people. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies