Who should be punished if abortion is illegal and how?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who should be punished if abortion is illegal and how?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Here are the choices. Assume under 12 weeks gestation and for a reason that isn't exceptionally frivilous/ offensive
The Provider (euthanized/should be killed)

The Provdier (life)

The Provider (years of felony jail time)

The Provider (a couple of years of felony jail time or felony probation)

The Provider (corporal punishment)

The Provider ( a fine, misdemeanor probation, weeks in jail)

The Provider (other)

The Abortive Father( euthanized)

The Abortive Father (Life)

The Abortive Father (years of felony jail time)

The Abortive Father (a couple of years of felony jail time/ felony probation)

The Abortive Father should have to be vesceted or have an orichectomy)

The Abortive Father (misdemeanor/tickets)

The Abortive Father/ Other

The Abortive Mother should be killed.

The Abortive Mother should never be released from prison.

The Abortive Mother should get a severe prison sentence but get released/paroled

The Abortive Mother should get a couple of years of probation or a short prison term but be named a felon.

The Abortive Mother should recieve misdemeanor probation, short term of local detention, attend rehabilitation or/and pay a ticket.

The Abortive Mother should be sentenced to a hysterectomy. Or sterilization that maintains biochemical intactness.

The Abortive Mother should be punished in other ways

The Provider should not be a defendant.

The Abortive Father should not be a defendant

The Abortive Father should not be a defendant even if he participated in other ways.

The Abortive Mother should not be a defendant

The Abortive Mother should not be a defendant even if she self-aborts.

Alternatives.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Who should be punished if abortion is illegal and how?  (Read 884 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2016, 02:02:02 PM »

Even if you are pro-choice, vote on the penalty. You may still say they may not be a defendant.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »

Neither should be a defendant (sane).
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 02:09:08 PM »

All of the above (blood for the blood god, all hail Khorne, lord of chaos and anger etc.)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:22:55 PM »

All of the above (blood for the blood god, all hail Khorne, lord of chaos and anger etc.)
Can we worship cats at the trial?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 03:41:08 AM »

Nobody should be punished if it is illegal.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 09:28:12 PM »

Can we worship cats at the trial?

You can worship Cat Satans.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 11:20:17 PM »

Years of felony jail time with corporal punishment throughout for the provider, no punishment for the abortive father, no punishment for the abortive mother unless she self-aborts, in which case she will receive the "provider" punishment detailed above.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:24:11 PM »

The provider should be punished just like any other mass murderer.  The woman should receive a sentence that focuses most on education and therapy with only a minimal criminal sentence, as they were likely fed lies by the abortion industry.  The father is not a defendant, unless he knew and conspired, in which case, he is in the same boat as the mother.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 11:36:21 PM »

Death penalty for all.  While I oppose such an abortion ban, I would see it as an opportunity to implement my population reduction program.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »

The provider should be punished just like any other mass murderer.  The woman should receive a sentence that focuses most on education and therapy with only a minimal criminal sentence, as they were likely fed lies by the abortion industry.  The father is not a defendant, unless he knew and conspired, in which case, he is in the same boat as the mother.

I'm not trying to incite, but if abortion truly is murder, how can you justify punishing a hitman but not the woman who hired him?

I get that it is not politically popular to say you will punish women, but your position is simply not respectable.

100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 01:33:41 AM »

I'm not trying to incite, but if abortion truly is murder, how can you justify punishing a hitman but not the woman who hired him?

I get that it is not politically popular to say you will punish women, but your position is simply not respectable.

Often, I think that the woman does not understand what she is doing, whereas a trained doctor would.  But, what the woman was doing was taking part in a murder, so I don't agree with the people in the pro-life movement who say that there should be no punishment at all.  It's probably more akin to involuntary manslaughter for the woman, but I'm not exactly sure how that is punished in real life.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 06:05:25 AM »

The problem on the mother/father's end is that it's damn near impossible to adequately distinguish between a scared mother and the more heinous cases.

With that in mind, the abortionist should be treated however contract killers are in that jurisdiction, and the mother and possibly father should receive a slap on the wrist.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 07:30:54 PM »

There should be a punishment, however light, for everything that is illegal...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 07:40:00 PM »

Often, I think that the woman does not understand what she is doing, whereas a trained doctor would.  But, what the woman was doing was taking part in a murder, so I don't agree with the people in the pro-life movement who say that there should be no punishment at all.  It's probably more akin to involuntary manslaughter for the woman, but I'm not exactly sure how that is punished in real life.

And the father should at least be responsible for his part if society comes to the point that fetuses are people. It is at least negligence culpability in the abortion and abandonment. Of course if the guy that gets her pregnant squels, he distanced himself then.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 05:24:49 PM »

Interesting to see some "pro-life" people here suggesting putting providers to death. So many people who call themselves "pro-life" really are anything but when talking about things other than fetuses. Anyway, I obviously don't think any of them should be defendants (pro-choice).
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »

anybody who's responsible for the mother not having had access to birth control Tongue
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 12:54:38 AM »

That makes no sense.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 09:34:16 AM »

Maybe it could just be a technicality. Someone can be convicted but not punished.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 09:19:01 AM »

I'm staunchly pro-choice, but if abortion is illegal and the termination of a pregnancy is deemed equivalent to murder or manslaughter, I see no logical argument as to how the law should give a pass to the mother (or even the father if he has a role in such a decision). From a logical standpoint, I actually think Trump was right that there has to be punishment for the mother if abortion is illegal. From my point of view, that's a major reason as to why abortion should not be illegal.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »

I'm staunchly pro-choice, but if abortion is illegal and the termination of a pregnancy is deemed equivalent to murder or manslaughter, I see no logical argument as to how the law should give a pass to the mother (or even the father if he has a role in such a decision). From a logical standpoint, I actually think Trump was right that there has to be punishment for the mother if abortion is illegal. From my point of view, that's a major reason as to why abortion should not be illegal.
Or to the father in general unless he takes responsibility for the situation.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies