What Issue has the most sway in determining how you vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:07:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What Issue has the most sway in determining how you vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
The Economy
The Deficit/Debt
Health Care in general
Abortion
LGBT
Death Penalty
Foreign Policy
Climate Change/Environment/Energy
Supreme Court
Education
Entitlements/Social Welfare Programs
Taxes
War on Drugs
Immigration
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: What Issue has the most sway in determining how you vote?  (Read 1199 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« on: November 22, 2016, 08:14:55 PM »

The deficit/debt, hands down. It's despicable that only the libertarians realize the YUGE dilemma we are handing to our children and grandchildren. Sure, Trump probably talked about it, but he proposes big tax cuts and spending increases with no real way to pay for them. Clinton talked about increasing this tax and that tax, but her plan was still predicted by independent analysts to increase the deficit significantly. (albeit by a lesser amount than Trump's plan). When I started thinking about whether I could vote for Johnson, his commitment to balancing the budget was a large attracting force.

It is a real issue, but smaller than having a planet to live on. Being drowned in debt sucks for sure, it's not as bad as being literally drowned. This is why I eventually Heeled for Her.

The dilemma is I live in the rust belt and I want jobs to come back here. If climate change didn't exist I'd be far more vulnerable to Trump's populist rhetoric on trade and opposition to classist latte liberals. I'm tired of everything innovative coming out of California and only trickling down to us peons years after the fact.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies