Activists Urge Clinton Campaign to Challenge Election Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:54:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Activists Urge Clinton Campaign to Challenge Election Results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Activists Urge Clinton Campaign to Challenge Election Results  (Read 4764 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 03:04:45 AM »
« edited: November 24, 2016, 03:06:50 AM by Dancing with Myself »

What a joke. Never have I seen a base in any form of life be so bitter and ridiculous over a loss in anything let alone politics. Give it up, Hillary lost. The system worked like it's designed. The Dems got cocky and it bit them in the butt; happened before and it did again.

Stein's a bigger moron than I thought she was.  She isn't helping herself hardly at all with this; in fact she's not going to gain anything from it and is trying to help the corrupt party the Greens have always been against. She's taking people's money for a rather iffy idea; not much guarantee behind it to begin with. If she looses out the butt here she'll loose a lot of legitimacy from what she had left.Seems these people must watch Man of the Year with Robin Williams on repeat because they are thinking they can emulate it lol. Wow.

Michigan's election director seemed to laugh all this off. He admits the media polls were wrong but defended their system and seemed to be against the recount. He said Michigan's a paper and optical scan state and they don't need to use the internet to process votes and make everything official.

As for Michigan itself it's 4 days away from making the results official and certifying them if they stay on schedule. I included that page in the 2nd link. Wisconsin's giving in a little too much here but oh well.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/23/michigan-elections-director-casts-doubt-hacking-claim/94327842/

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_8722_76444-397762--,00.html
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 03:22:29 AM »

https://www.buzzfeed.com/brandonfinnigan/why-trump-really-won-wisconsin-and-pennsylvania?utm_term=.pg8Er2rJ2#.pd5b838Q3

I know this is buzzfeed but this article was written by two guys who know the situation well. They work with DecisionDeskHQ and know their stuff and they look in depth at Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. This is well written and they go over minor details very well. Learned some new things about counties I never knew of too oddly.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 03:26:04 AM »

"The academics presented findings showing that in Wisconsin, Clinton received 7 percent fewer votes in counties that relied on electronic-voting machines compared with counties that used optical scanners and paper ballots"

Can someone explain to me what exactly this means? For the life of me I can not figure out what they mean by this.

Did Clinton do 7% worse than Obama 2012 in a county that uses voting machine or something?
It could also mean that if Waukesha uses DRE, and Dane used paper ballots, that Clinton got 7% less in Waukesha than in Dane.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2016, 03:59:11 AM »

"The academics presented findings showing that in Wisconsin, Clinton received 7 percent fewer votes in counties that relied on electronic-voting machines compared with counties that used optical scanners and paper ballots"

Can someone explain to me what exactly this means? For the life of me I can not figure out what they mean by this.

Did Clinton do 7% worse than Obama 2012 in a county that uses voting machine or something?
For instance, she got 45% in the former, and 52% in the latter.

Regardless of any ethical/moral consideration, those claims are pathetic even when looking purely at the statistical aspect.
Counties using electronic-voting machines might simply have more low-education and less minority voters (and that seems to be the case, as I've briefly read). It's not like the electronic voting machines are randomly distributed across the state.
boske94
Rookie
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »

DO recount please! I want to see Hillary losing for second time. Jill Stein has raised enough money to seek a recount in WI. (I don't know why she seeks recount in MI because they have not voting machines, just paper ballots. And in PA difference between Trump and HIllary is greater than 1%).
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2016, 10:15:53 AM »

Jesus Christ, I thought that Trump was undemocratic and dangerous because he wouldn't accept the election results if he believed they were 'rigged' ? Imagine if Trump did a recount is these states, the MSM would kill him!
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2016, 10:16:32 AM »

This election is over plain and simple. Trump will be president no matter what. We may not like the results of the election, but we need to accept the reality of the results.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2016, 01:36:58 PM »

I don't think there is any evidence of wrong-doing. At the same time, if folks are willing to self-finance a recount, why not? I double-check anything of importance in my own life. Republicans are free to re-count NH if they want. I think there is a difference between claiming the system is rigged  and just double checking. I fully expect nothing to come up.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2016, 03:47:35 PM »

I don't think there is any evidence of wrong-doing. At the same time, if folks are willing to self-finance a recount, why not? I double-check anything of importance in my own life. Republicans are free to re-count NH if they want. I think there is a difference between claiming the system is rigged  and just double checking. I fully expect nothing to come up.

I don't really care about the recount itself.  I'm concerned with the crap being spread about how the election results are "suspicious" and how it baselessly impacts people's confidence in votes being counted accurately and fairly.
Andrew
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 06:50:44 PM »

Yeah, this is pathetic, but not surprising at all. They should have done this in 2004, not this year.
They did do this in 2004.  There were a number of anomalies in Ohio, so Green Party candidate David Cobb and Libertarian Chuck Bednarik called for a recount.  The recount was worthless, because the election boards in almost every county violated Ohio's recount laws.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:05 PM »

I don't really care about the recount itself.  I'm concerned with the crap being spread about how the election results are "suspicious" and how it baselessly impacts people's confidence in votes being counted accurately and fairly.

I'm not concerned about any of that when the President-Elect is Donald Trump.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2016, 12:03:15 AM »

I'm not concerned about any of that when the President-Elect is Donald Trump.

How much have you thought through this position...?  You really think it's a good idea to make people lose confidence in basic democratic systems, especially when we have a President-Elect who's attacked those basic democratic systems in the past, and used those attacks to his advantage? 

Unless your position is "democratic systems don't matter since they elected someone I find dangerous," which...is another position where I wonder how much you've thought things through.
hopper
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2016, 05:47:23 PM »

The election is over get over it already.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »

Not when we won the popular vote by over 2 million votes we won't.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »

President Drumpf does not have a mandate; a majority of the American people rejected his vision, we have every right to resist his vision fully and vigorously.

hopper
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »

Not when we won the popular vote by over 2 million votes we won't.
The election "was called" 2 weeks ago. Its over. The name of the game is not winning the popular vote its winning the electoral college.
hopper
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2016, 06:01:36 PM by hopper »

President Drumpf does not have a mandate; a majority of the American people rejected his vision, we have every right to resist his vision fully and vigorously.

Your just mad Hillary lost. I understand and I'm being serious when I see that. There were Republicans that were mad that Romney lost in 2012.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »

Your just mad Hillary lost. I understand and I'm being serious when I see that. There were Republicans that were mad that Romney lost in 2012.

Of course I'm angry; but that doesn't make the point that Trump hasn't received a mandate like Obama did any less true. If Romney had won you wouldn't see this type of resistance, - the people have every right to not give Trump the kind of leeway most Presidential "victors" get.
hopper
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2016, 07:04:35 PM »

Of course I'm angry; but that doesn't make the point that Trump hasn't received a mandate like Obama did any less true. If Romney had won you wouldn't see this type of resistance, - the people have every right to not give Trump the kind of leeway most Presidential "victors" get.
Just throwing this out there: You wouldn't have minded President Romney?

I can understand if you don't like Trump. The guy was polarizing at times all campaign season.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »

It's not going to happen. It's actually ridiculous when you look at it. Not a single election analyst has given this any credibility.

Hillary's performance in WI mirrors other states in the area that are exclusively paper ballot. Michigan is entirely paper ballot.

It's happening.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2016, 08:39:55 AM »

[img snip]

Just throwing this out there: You wouldn't have minded President Romney?

I can understand if you don't like Trump. The guy was polarizing at times all campaign season.

oh, we'd have minded, for sure. but not nearly as frantically as this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies