Activists Urge Clinton Campaign to Challenge Election Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:18:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Activists Urge Clinton Campaign to Challenge Election Results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Activists Urge Clinton Campaign to Challenge Election Results  (Read 4783 times)
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: November 24, 2016, 03:59:11 AM »

"The academics presented findings showing that in Wisconsin, Clinton received 7 percent fewer votes in counties that relied on electronic-voting machines compared with counties that used optical scanners and paper ballots"

Can someone explain to me what exactly this means? For the life of me I can not figure out what they mean by this.

Did Clinton do 7% worse than Obama 2012 in a county that uses voting machine or something?
For instance, she got 45% in the former, and 52% in the latter.

Regardless of any ethical/moral consideration, those claims are pathetic even when looking purely at the statistical aspect.
Counties using electronic-voting machines might simply have more low-education and less minority voters (and that seems to be the case, as I've briefly read). It's not like the electronic voting machines are randomly distributed across the state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies