The Potomac Agreement: A Co-Presidency (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:54:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Potomac Agreement: A Co-Presidency (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Potomac Agreement: A Co-Presidency  (Read 2008 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

« on: November 27, 2016, 07:59:41 PM »

Seeing Kingpoleon swear in and resign for VP the same day, does it mean NCYankee is VP right away or only in January just before the switch in President. It was not clear to me when I read the agreement.

I thought the law in case of a tie after run off said each candidate gets half the term. I presume it is the whole ticket, including the VP. 

So does that make me VP, as my opponent declined to serve his half of the term, or what does this mean exactly?
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:14:47 AM »

[quote author=Poirot link=topic=253327.msg5427864#msg5427864 date=1481343110
Not only VP candidates don't get to serve in that role for half a term because they were tied VP, Kingpoleon who gave up his chance to be VP was not approved for a Cabinet role in the confirmation hearing.  He can't even claim a consolation prize. Nice collaborating spirit.[/quote]

A few things, buddy:

1. That was Kingpoleon and Blair's choice to have Kingpoleon go for SecState.
2. I think that there was a "collaborating spirit" in opposing Kingpoleon's nomination. Noted Labour Senator (and liberal reformist) Scott joined forces with noted conservatives and Federalist Senators JCL and PiT to defeat the nomination.

And I'll still be having my half a term as VP, which half of Atlasia voted for a full term. So you have that to look forward to.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 10:24:12 PM »

The way I originally understood it, Yankee would become VP shortly before the switch in January, and Blair would immediately resign once he's confirmed, so each of the VPs got around half the term. Presumably Blair, Kingpoleon, and Yankee didn't see it that way, yet Rpryor doesn't seem to have agreed to that.

Your inference is correct.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies