Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reaso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:10:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reaso
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reaso  (Read 1057 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2016, 08:05:53 AM »

Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html
Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Muslims and Christians foolishly read their holy books literally, ignoring that none of the Abrahamic cults did in the past.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

This fact makes Muslims and Christians idol worshipers. All Muslim and Christian denominations ignore that the Jesus they all profess to respect preached that we should all be God seekers and never become idol worshipers the way Muslims and Christians have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Gnostic Christians like me were and are esoteric ecumenists. You might say that to the old Abrahamic cults of Muslims, Christians and Jews, we were the religious whores of those old days, thanks to the fact that our mystery schools would pick and choose the best tenets of all religions and work them into our Universalist creed. We would not tie ourselves down to becoming idol worshipers of imaginary demiurges the way Muslims and Christians did in ancient days and continue to do today. The fool says in his heart, I know who God is and who his prophets are.

Gnostic Christians and Jews, --- having a superior ideology and philosophy of seeking a good God, --- instead of becoming idol worshipers like Muslims and Christians, --- shared the hate and attempted genocide that Jews suffered thanks to Christians then Muslims.

Should Muslims and Christians admit their ideological deficiencies and turn their hate to love. It should be quite easy for religions that say they are all about peace and love.

I think it would be fitting for Muslims and Christians to start walking their talk and apologise to Jews and Gnostic Christians by giving them the recognition for excellence in religious matters.

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 08:42:42 PM »

No. It is not.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 09:00:16 PM »

There's a reason people have stopped responding to your arrogant, aggressive, and ignorant posting style, "Greatest I Am (Not)".
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 06:55:26 PM »

Why not?

Is child brides, FGM and killing gays like Islam does better than what Jews do?

Is relying on substitutionary atonement and the punishing of the innocent instead of the guilty, the cornerstone of Christianity better than what the Jewish ideology preaches of us all being responsible for our own sins?

Regards
DL
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »

Is relying on substitutionary atonement and the punishing of the innocent instead of the guilty, the cornerstone of Christianity better than what the Jewish ideology preaches of us all being responsible for our own sins?

A) Yes.

B) PSA is hardly a necessary element of Christianity.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »

A) Yes.

Without Jesus and his salvific sacrifice, Christianity would have nothing to sell.

Strange how you do not see all the crosses they fly of an unnecessary, to you, death.

I guess that you are also not aware of the Apostles Creed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles'_Creed#frbanner3

Regards
DL
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 07:47:21 PM »

Great bait mate.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 09:44:11 PM »

A) Yes.

Without Jesus and his salvific sacrifice, Christianity would have nothing to sell.

Strange how you do not see all the crosses they fly of an unnecessary, to you, death.

Regards
DL

I'm not crazy about realisticidealist, but I'm positive he knows more about atonement theory than you do.

Regards
NT
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 11:13:14 AM »

A) Yes.

Regards
DL

I'm not crazy about realisticidealist, but I'm positive he knows more about atonement theory than you do.

Regards
NT

Indeed. That is why I reject it as immoral and reject any God who would think it justice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 04:54:53 PM »

A) Yes.

Regards
DL

Regards
NT

Indeed. That is why I reject it as immoral and reject any God who would think it justice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

You've got to have, like, a series of little scripts you circle through, because this doesn't follow from what I said at all.

Regards
NT
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 05:54:38 PM »

A) Yes.

Regards
DL

Regards
NT

Regards
DL

You've got to have, like, a series of little scripts you circle through, because this doesn't follow from what I said at all.

Regards
NT

I'm not sure if english is his first language.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 10:33:23 PM »

A) Yes.

Regards
DL

Regards
NT

Regards
DL

Regards
NT

FTFY
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »

Your insight is on the mark mon ami.

Few English will write as poorly as this Frenchman.

Regards
DL
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 03:56:54 PM »

Your insight is on the mark mon ami.

Few English will write as poorly as this Frenchman.

Regards
DL

Are you Michel Onfray?

Regards
NT
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 02:27:53 PM »

I don't understand your reasoning, Judaism is based on the old testament, and you hate the old testament.

I believe you are the real anti-semite.

Your belief is to stupid for me to bother with.

I think you mean that the old testament is based on the Torah. Judaism was born before Christianity screwed up a better theology.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 02:29:58 PM »

And no, Christians do not read everything in the bible as literal.

I think you should talk to a Priest, or research your chosen debate topic before you make statements like this.

Again you show foolishness because all who believe in a real Jesus must read the bible literally to some extent.

Where else and how else could such a belief come from if not literal reading of the bible?

Regards
DL

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 03:09:54 PM »

I think you should talk to a Priest, or research your chosen debate topic before you make statements like this.

Again you show foolishness because all who believe in a real Jesus must read the bible literally to some extent.

Where else and how else could such a belief come from if not literal reading of the bible?

Regards
DL

What are you even talking about? He said that Christians don't read everything in the Bible as literal. Then you go ahead and say that Christians have to read the Bible as literal to some extent. Reading some of the Bible literally to some extent and not reading all of it literally are obviously not mutually exclusive in any way. But you know what he said and you know what you said so you are either being an imbecile or you are a troll. And FYI, Jesus did exist and you don't have to read the Bible in order to know that as a fact.

I know the feeling.

I think you mean that the old testament is based on the Torah.

The Old Testament isn't just based on the Torah, the first five books of the Old Testament are the Torah. Which you would know if you paid attention when your mother makes you go to church.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 05:30:56 PM »

I don't understand your reasoning, Judaism is based on the old testament, and you hate the old testament.

I think you mean that the old testament is based on the Torah. Judaism was born before Christianity screwed up a better theology.

Regards
DL

Yes it is, and it literally is the Torah.

I don't see why you think Christianity is worse or screwed something up, when everything you hate about Christianity is found in the Torah/Old Testament.

Not so.

One of my big problems with Christian morality does not come out of the Torah or Old Testament.

This link speaks to that immoral thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 05:34:48 PM »

Regards
DL

What are you even talking about? He said that Christians don't read everything in the Bible as literal. Then you go ahead and say that Christians have to read the Bible as literal to some extent. Reading some of the Bible literally to some extent and not reading all of it literally are obviously not mutually exclusive in any way. But you know what he said and you know what you said so you are either being an imbecile or you are a troll. And FYI, Jesus did exist and you don't have to read the Bible in order to know that as a fact.

I know the feeling.

I think you mean that the old testament is based on the Torah.

The Old Testament isn't just based on the Torah, the first five books of the Old Testament are the Torah. Which you would know if you paid attention when your mother makes you go to church.

To read anything in a book that begins with a talking serpent literally, is to discard reason and logic for delusional th8inking.

That is why Christians hide behind their cherry picking and faith of fools.

Regards
DL

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »

Regards
DL

"Old Testament" =/ "Torah." The Torah contains the first five books of the OT/Hebrew Bible. The entire Hebrew Bible is called the Tanakh (an acronym for Torah, Neviim [Prophets], and Ketuvim [Writings]) and contains the entire OT, not just the five books of the Torah.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies