Jill Stein recount requests
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:37:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jill Stein recount requests
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Jill Stein recount requests  (Read 7599 times)
jman123
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2016, 08:15:02 PM »

Can there be recounts in PA , WI, and MI? Is it too late? Or is Jill Stein just doing a meaningless PE stunt
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »

AFAIK the deadline to request is tomorrow for WI and early next week for the other two. So it's theoretically possible. No idea if it will actually go down though.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 11:04:39 AM »

I don't think it's meaningless at all. With concerns expressed by computer scientists about touch-screen ballots, I think the election should be audited, especially in close states like FL, MI, PA, and WI.  I do find it fascinating that Stein, not Clinton, seems to be the one wanting a recount.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 11:39:51 AM »

What a joke.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 11:42:15 AM »

They're probably not going to find anything, but if it helps our nation heal by putting more confidence in the election results than I'm all for it going forward.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 12:06:22 PM »

You guys know this is a scam, right?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 12:15:37 PM »

Yeah I checked out the page- it's just a donations page. What stops her from keeping the money, and just sitting on it?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 12:29:03 PM »

Yeah I checked out the page- it's just a donations page. What stops her from keeping the money, and just sitting on it?

She is taking advantage of the liberal fools.

Link

We cannot guarantee a recount will happen in any of these states we are targeting. We can only pledge we will demand recounts in those states.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 12:40:58 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2016, 12:54:07 PM by jaichind »

Why is Jill Stein doing this?  If she wanted Clinton to win she should have dropped out and asked all her supporters to vote Clinton.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »

Impressive how much the left wing wackos have contributed so Jill Stein can waste everyone’s time recounting WI, MI and PA.
Just shy of $5 million in 2 days:
https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/recount
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 12:57:43 PM »

I don't know what these recounts are supposed to show ...

In MI, each county already had a review of their votes over the past week or so and certified their results.

And how is PA going to find another 70.000 votes for Hillary ? And 30.000 in WI ?

Stein and Hillary: Plz accept your defeat. You lost ! Deal with it.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 12:58:35 PM »

what has hillary to do with any of those?

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 01:00:40 PM »

Maybe not Hillary herself, she probably has accustomed herself to defeat already.

But many within her inner campaign circle and supporters are not that opposed to these recounts ...
rockhound
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 09:34:56 PM »

How could you possibly believe she isn't? 
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 09:39:30 PM »

besides the fact that jill literally seems to hate HRC ......i don't think there is any doubt that team hillary would have officially fought for this re-counts if they would have any merit.

winning WI/MI is just meaningless and i can't even understand why anyone would think that the US are stupid enough to get results on a scale of 10k votes or more wrong?

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »

I think he is wondering where Stein got all that money from to pay for the recount.

never doubt the willingness of liberals to invest into expensive projects only good for cleaning your conscience.

especially after that election.....i bet, half the backers didn't vote at all. Wink + Tongue

jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 10:44:03 PM »

Can there be recounts in PA , WI, and MI? Is it too late? Or is Jill Stein just doing a meaningless PE stunt
Originally it was $2 or $3 million, then it basically doubled to pay for lawyers. The lawyers get paid no matter what. It sounds like Ben Carson's fund raising.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 11:42:22 PM »

I honestly thought Stein was a decent great candidate, but this is just pathetic.

Agreed.  This is a pathetic PR stunt by Stein and her allies in the Democratic Party.  Theoretically, I guess it's possible to hold recounts in the mentioned states..,.but it shouldn't happen.  Hey Clinton supporters, leave the country if you want, but you need to realize that Donald Trump was indeed elected the next President of the United States. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 12:25:11 AM »

To those on the Looney Left who didn't get the memo:

You lost.

Get over it.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 12:28:11 AM »

To those on the Looney Left who didn't get the memo:

You lost.

Get over it.

Coming from someone whose party was promising armed rebellion if they lost, a recount isnt going to hurt anyone.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 12:30:32 AM »

Most of us have accepted the results, and weren't calling for a recount. Recounts, however, are perfectly legal and justified. I'm certainly not expecting that this will change the result. So maybe those of you who are whining about it are the ones who should grow up. Or are you just afraid that the recount will... reveal something?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 12:32:14 AM »

Seriously, Trump was talking about not accepting the election results and an unpeaceful transition while his supporters were promising armed rebellion but god forbid some on the left want some of the close races reexamined for some closure and we just need to get over it? Scared there might actually be something?

I dont think anything is going to change, but if your a republican and telling democrats to get over it than your being hypocritical.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 02:34:36 AM »

besides the fact that jill literally seems to hate HRC ......i don't think there is any doubt that team hillary would have officially fought for this re-counts if they would have any merit.
Maybe the Clinton campaign was flipping Stein votes?

They knew they were losing the upper Midwest. Losing Iowa by 9+, Ohio by 8, Missouri and Indiana by 19. They almost lost Minnesota, where in Anoka County, Hillary Clinton had the worst performance for a Democrat since Al Smith.

But maybe the could hold on, if Stein didn't spoil the election.

Remember that the folks pushing for this first went to the Clinton campaign. If they mentioned certain anomalies in states where the Clinton campaign had been flipping Stein votes, there would be alarmed looks in the eyes of Clinton aides, particularly after the activists mentioned that people could go to jail.

If the Clinton aides had suggested, "nothing to see here, run along" and if Clinton herself had thrown something at them, they might have put two-and-two together, and went to Stein.

They've been totally secretive about what they see as discrepancies. But this could be part of a strategy of getting Clinton supporters to pay for the recount. In any event they get a mailing list of a key demographic for the Green Party - left-wing delusionals.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 03:07:29 AM »

Trump won. There is no valid evidence to say he didn't. Progressives should not indulge in conspiracy theories and instead focus their energies on regaining power and pushing for policy changes. All this does is baselessly undermine the legitimacy of a democratic election.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 01:20:23 PM »

Trump won. There is no valid evidence to say he didn't. Progressives should not indulge in conspiracy theories and instead focus their energies on regaining power and pushing for policy changes. All this does is baselessly undermine the legitimacy of a democratic election.

Not that the Republicans would ever do something like that if they thought they were gonna lose Roll Eyes  As I said to another poster, what goes around comes around.  Don't like that folks are undermining the legitimacy of an election your side won (albeit without any sort of mandate and over two million less votes than the Democrat)?  I guess you guys should've thought of that before your party started calling for armed insurrection if you lost (Matt Bevin literally called for bloodshed if Hillary won) and claiming that if your candidate lost, it meant the election was rigged.  In the meantime, cry me a river.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies