Is this a potential 2040 map?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:53:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is this a potential 2040 map?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this a potential 2040 map?  (Read 4724 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2016, 09:50:42 PM »

222(R): Governor Jared Kushner(R-NY)/Senator Emma Kasich(R-OH)
206(D): Senator Kyrsten Sinema(D-AZ)/Senator William Matheson(D-UT)
110: Tossup
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 10:53:56 PM »

Sure.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:19:09 PM »

I doubt most people in 2013 or even 2016 itself got the 2016 map right so it is virtually impossible to predict the 2040 election. Still, guessing can be fun so no harm done and cool map.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 12:01:21 AM »

Anything is a potential 2040 map.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 12:35:33 AM »

Uhh 2040 ... 24 years from now. The 1992 map was very different from today, lol.

My guess - after the realigning elections of 2024, the election of 2028 and 2032 go Democratic. That paves the way for a Republican victory in 2036 and so 2040, that GOP President's re-election!

(Yeah, all wild speculation).

I'll give this map a shot. Maybe in 2040, I'll check back lol. Or someone will.

Short explanation.

Republicans have regained their moderate streak, after 3 Democratic victories in a row and huge Democratic majorities in Congress. Climate change has become a pressing issue and the minority-majority America is 4 years away but is functionally here.

The GOP has reverted to pragmatic Eisenhower Republicanism and has built a broad coalition of whites, strong support among Asians and Latinos. Democrats are driven back to minority-majority strongholds as the GOP president sweeps to re-election 55-40%.

Cashew
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 12:37:54 AM »

No New York is staying Democratic.

Also in what world will Alabama, and the inner south become competitive with an increasingly socially liberal democratic party?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 04:11:32 AM »

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 08:12:43 AM »

Alabama? Utah? Arkansas? Kentucky? West Virginia? New F**king York? C'mon Kingpo, this is awful.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 12:22:42 PM »

I don't see how Missouri, Oklahoma, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Utah become competitive. I would also flip New York, New Jersey, Alabama, and maybe South Carolina, but pretty much any 2040 prediction is possible at this point.
kyc0705

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 04:21:27 PM »

Ask me in 24 years.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »

Shot in the dark:

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 11:23:37 PM »

Ugh, that would be awful.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 01:13:40 AM »

I was referring to the Senate.

Winning Mississippi would be great, though.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 05:12:42 PM »

the dimocrats nominated their worst candidate in history who made james buchanan look like lincoln and fdr in comparison, Marcus Clinton who is the definition of corruption, and if elected would bow down and kiss the feet of the director of the Eurasian Technate. We would have lost WWIV if that idiot got within a parsec mile of the Second White House. The Dumbocrats screwed the pooch, BIGLY. The GOP could nominate a smartphone against that fu]cking clown and the Damnocrats still lose easily because they chose MARCUS CLINTON as their candidate for PRESIDENT.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 04:06:56 PM »

Alabama? Utah? Arkansas? Kentucky? West Virginia? New F**king York? C'mon Kingpo, this is awful.
I could see New York going Republican if all the liberal New Yorkers moved down South.

Yeah, we know that's not happening, but that's the only way I see it happening, barring political climates shifting.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »

Anything is a possible 2040 map. In 1992, WV's Republican trend was barely beginning, and it was still roughly as Democratic, if not slightly more so downballot, than CA. Nobody would've suggested that in 2016 it would be the second most Republican state in the nation.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 06:13:19 PM »

NY and NJ aren't going to be republican. AL, LA, MS, and SC aren't going to be democrat. I could see demographics flipping GA, TX, FL, and AZ to the democrats while the GOP gains control of the Midwest and possibly parts of the Northeast and Northwest by dominating the white vote nationally.
Cuckslayer
Rookie
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 09:20:02 PM »

NY and NJ aren't going to be republican. AL, LA, MS, and SC aren't going to be democrat. I could see demographics flipping GA, TX, FL, and AZ to the democrats while the GOP gains control of the Midwest and possibly parts of the Northeast and Northwest by dominating the white vote nationally.

Sounds like a race war election map.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »

ha ha ha .. who knows.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 10:46:19 PM »

I'd flip Alaska or at least have it as a tossup.
Make My Bank Account Great Again
KingCharles
Rookie
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 05:54:47 PM »

Just tossing this out there:

I don't think the trends we've been seeing since the 2000 election will carry on for 40 years. So this is my random guess as to what the next realignment election map will look like by 2040.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 06:22:57 PM »

I don't think the trends we've been seeing since the 2000 election will carry on for 40 years. So this is my random guess as to what the next realignment election map will look like by 2040.

If we had a realignment that stark, a lot of voters would be switching sides.  What issues do the parties run on?  How would I (presumably) vote?
Make My Bank Account Great Again
KingCharles
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 07:35:41 PM »

If we had a realignment that stark, a lot of voters would be switching sides.  What issues do the parties run on?  How would I (presumably) vote?

1. By 2028/2032 the Berniecrats have transformed the Democratic Party into an FDR "New" New Deal style Party (this I believe to be inevitable, but that's a later thread).
2. The definition of whiteness has expanded to include Hispanics and asians so the republicans no longer struggle with the perceived minority-majority demographic changes of the USA (this I also believe to be inevitable)
3. Republicans embrace Trumpist nationalism and trade protectionism. This wins them the Midwest and they make serious long term inroads in the northeast. However they cut entitlements which angers their southern white base and the Trumpists slowly begin to desert the GOP on traditional social issues.
4. Democratic coalition is now a somewhat shaky combination of African Americans, 50% plus of southern working class whites (voting on economic issues) and millennials/gen Zers who migrated to the sunbelt over time.

Republican issues
1. Trade protectionism (wins them the Midwest) but instead of tariffs, the focus will be on tax breaks and other means of keeping businesses and jobs at home.
2. Low corporate taxes, pro VAT, pro export economy
3. Entitlement reform
4. Socially moderate. Immigration laws are strict. Pro gun control (or moderate)
5. Foreign policy is focused on keeping China contained both economically and militarily. Russia will continue its decline as a superpower.
6. Secular society. Religion is only as important as an individual American wants it to be for themselves personally.

Democratic issues
1. Social welfare and social democracy are the two key issues.
2. Pro animal rights, pro environment.
3. Socially liberal, but pro gun.
4. Strong job training programs and a strong safety net. Pro consumption economy
5. Investments into rural communities and small businesses by taxing large businesses.
6. Isolationist foreign policy.
7. Religion is a private matter but should be encouraged in households.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 10:15:16 PM »

1. By 2028/2032 the Berniecrats have transformed the Democratic Party into an FDR "New" New Deal style Party (this I believe to be inevitable, but that's a later thread).
2. The definition of whiteness has expanded to include Hispanics and asians so the republicans no longer struggle with the perceived minority-majority demographic changes of the USA (this I also believe to be inevitable)
3. Republicans embrace Trumpist nationalism and trade protectionism. This wins them the Midwest and they make serious long term inroads in the northeast. However they cut entitlements which angers their southern white base and the Trumpists slowly begin to desert the GOP on traditional social issues.
4. Democratic coalition is now a somewhat shaky combination of African Americans, 50% plus of southern working class whites (voting on economic issues) and millennials/gen Zers who migrated to the sunbelt over time.

Republican issues
1. Trade protectionism (wins them the Midwest) but instead of tariffs, the focus will be on tax breaks and other means of keeping businesses and jobs at home.
3. Entitlement reform
4. Socially moderate. Immigration laws are strict. Pro gun control (or moderate)
5. Foreign policy is focused on keeping China contained both economically and militarily. Russia will continue its decline as a superpower.
6. Secular society. Religion is only as important as an individual American wants it to be for themselves personally.

Democratic issues
4. Strong job training programs and a strong safety net. Pro consumption economy
5. Investments into rural communities and small businesses by taxing large businesses.

So what happens to social conservatives?  I don't think I could vote for either of those parties.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »

Republican issues
3. Entitlement reform

Democratic issues

So what happens to social conservatives?  I don't think I could vote for either of those parties.

Guess you'll stay home! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies