Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:31:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount"  (Read 3263 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 10:48:52 PM »
« edited: November 26, 2016, 11:57:29 PM by krazen1211 »

A straight white male wins the Presidency, and the left goes bonkers.

Here's the old video.

Link

Hillary Clinton, now a private citizen after conceding the election to Donald Trump, wants in on the recount effort Green Party nominee Jill Stein launched Friday, even though she previously called such a notion “horrifying.”
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 03:54:45 AM »

Here's the old video.

Link

Hillary Clinton, now a private citizen after conceding the election to Donald Trump, wants in on the recount effort Green Party nominee Jill Stein launched Friday, even though she previously called such a notion “horrifying.”

This is disingenuous.  Clinton's press release very clearly said that the campaign doesn't think there is compelling evidence that the voting was at all compromised, and that they were just participating because the recount occurred and they're a primary party to it.  Clinton called it "horrifying" to question the legitimacy of our democratic process, and the Clinton campaign is NOT doing that.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2016, 10:28:41 AM »

I thought we were not supposed to question the election result.

And yet, some are plotting to steal it.

That's obviously not going to happen, but if you think that that would be "stealing" the election, then perhaps Trump supporters don't really hold the electoral college in the high esteem that they currently claim. Roll Eyes
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2016, 10:47:50 AM »

If Jill Stein and the desperate, reality-ignoring Hillary forces are serious, they should also request a recount in NH - which was won by Hillary - and ended up even closer than WI and PA.

Otherwise, Stein and Clinton are just out there on a frantic quest to change the result to their purpose ...
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2016, 10:56:40 AM »

Yep. We honestly need to spend the next four years kicking and screaming. I'm not being sarcastic.

Thank you. I'm glad someone said it. Democrats need to hold firm and reject anything Trump offers. During the first two years of President Obama's Administration, Republican proved how to work against everything he offered even with Democrats holding a commanding majority in both Houses of Congress.

As it stands now, Democrats should say no at every instance. Republicans wanted to destroy a President with an outright majority twice. We want to destroy an individual who has taken office without even a plurality of the vote. Republicans were the party of no and they inevitably succeeded. Democrats should follow in their footsteps and be the party of no against Trump. Make Trump a failure in the eyes of his votes and we can get the House back. If we go further two more years, we'll take back the Senate and the White House itself and put an end to this horrific ideology.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »

The bottom line, these recounts are not going to change anything.

If the Clinton campaign really thought a recount might change the results, they would have initiated one themselves.

Clearly, that confirms beyond any question that the Clinton campaign knows a recount will not change any of the results in their favor.

To the Democrats and other malcontents who did not get the memo:

You lost.

Get over it.  

The people didn't vote for Trump.

He has no mandate like Obama had in 2008 and 2012.

We have every right to resist his vision of America which the majority of this country rejected.
Technically, the majority rejected Clinton also.

Sadly the perennial favorite Governor Didntvote has never agreed to serve a term as President.

Someone (not me) needs to make a map of the winners of various states with "Didn't Vote" as a candidate.

Didn't Vote "only" got 41.5% of the vote, so presumably it lost some states and wasn't a nationwide sweep.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2016, 02:54:43 PM by Bitch is the New Birkenstock »

Yep. We honestly need to spend the next four years kicking and screaming. I'm not being sarcastic.

Thank you. I'm glad someone said it. Democrats need to hold firm and reject anything Trump offers. During the first two years of President Obama's Administration, Republican proved how to work against everything he offered even with Democrats holding a commanding majority in both Houses of Congress.

As it stands now, Democrats should say no at every instance. Republicans wanted to destroy a President with an outright majority twice. We want to destroy an individual who has taken office without even a plurality of the vote. Republicans were the party of no and they inevitably succeeded. Democrats should follow in their footsteps and be the party of no against Trump. Make Trump a failure in the eyes of his votes and we can get the House back. If we go further two more years, we'll take back the Senate and the White House itself and put an end to this horrific ideology.

I strongly concur with this. Let's ditch the whole "When they go low, we go high" motto because the American people clearly don't see the value in behaving like rational adults. Someone send a memo to Chuck Schumer and tell him to declare that our number one goal is to make Donald Trump a one-term president and then order the caucus in the Senate to obstruct and filibuster all of Trump's agenda and to vehemently oppose any SCOTUS appointments who adhere to the Scalia school of thought. Give Republicans a dose of their own medicine and see how they like it. As has been mentioned, remind everyone that Trump doesn't even have a mandate and lost/is losing the popular vote. I'd also say go a step further and be as contemptuous and disrespectful to Trump as the Republicans have been/are still being to Obama. It's risky, but I think it'll work because I really doubt that Trump's base will turn out as strongly in 2018 as they did for him; since SHE won't be on the ballot, they'll have little motivation.

(I doubt this will happen because Democrats will do what Democrats do best: cave to the Republicans and refuse to have a backbone.)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »

In what sense would going whole-hog on this recount be seen as "playing hardball" in a way that's endearing to swing voters?  Delegitimizing and blocking the President's agenda on something like Obamacare, sure, I get that tactically.  That helps to poison public perception of Obama's policies and try to move the starting point of compromise -- I get why that's effective hardball.  How is aggressively challenging the election results effective hardball, though?  It's hardball, sure, but what does it do

I just don't get what strategy y'all are seeing here, beyond it being a primal scream that Democrats probably want to let out right now.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »

Here's the old video.

Link

Just like they would've if Sanders won. Amarite?

Krazen is still a lying poltroon with no use to this place I see.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 03:03:55 PM »

"to this place"
FairBol
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 03:11:58 PM »

I don't see anyone here shouting "Crooked Donny rigged it! Hillary is the righteous winner in Wisconsin! If the recount doesn't show her ahead, it was HACKED!"

Um....you don't? Where exactly do you live, in a "van down by the river" (thanks Chris Farley)? And....BULLsh**t DETECTED!!!

"Warning, warning, take cover....this is not a drill" LOL
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »

I don't see anyone here shouting "Crooked Donny rigged it! Hillary is the righteous winner in Wisconsin! If the recount doesn't show her ahead, it was HACKED!"

Um....you don't? Where exactly do you live, in a "van down by the river" (thanks Chris Farley)? And....BULLsh**t DETECTED!!!

"Warning, warning, take cover....this is not a drill" LOL

eh?  I've been arguing in virtually all of the recount threads, and I don't think I've seen anyone (not counting Bandit, who's...a special case) make that argument.

also you're being a little too amused by yourself fyi
FairBol
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »

If the Clinton campaign really thought a recount might change the results, they would have initiated one themselves.

Clearly, that confirms beyond any question that the Clinton campaign knows a recount will not change any of the results in their favor.

You lost.

Get over it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh, YES THEY DID.  The electoral vote count after election night stood at Trump 290, Clinton 232.  270 votes are needed to win election.  Recounts WILL NOT CHANGE the outcome of this race.  Getting sick and tired of saying it, but I'll do it again.....TRUMP WON!!! What part of that is so hard for you liberals to understand?? Geez.  :: sighs ::
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2016, 03:21:33 PM »

Good, we need to do everything we can to delegitimize this "President". We need to stall and obstruct every one of his policy proposals, whether we like it or not. We need to kick, scream and make as big a fuss as possible. We need to use every legal mechanism at our fingertips to defy and not comply with his directives, especially if they are unconstitutional, in which case perhaps it's time to try and have nullification legally tested. We need to protest like it's the 1960's if he actually tries to push through racist, homophobic, misogynistic or xenophobic policies.

Grow a pair and a backbone, my fellow Democrats. We need to have as much respect and cooperation for President "Drumpf" as Republicans did for President Obama.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2016, 03:23:35 PM »

You lost.

Get over it.

Uh, YES THEY DID.  The electoral vote count after election night stood at Trump 290, Clinton 232.  270 votes are needed to win election.  Recounts WILL NOT CHANGE the outcome of this race.  Getting sick and tired of saying it, but I'll do it again.....TRUMP WON!!! What part of that is so hard for you liberals to understand?? Geez.  :: sighs ::

Underlined and bolded for your convenience.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »

Grow a pair and a backbone, my fellow Democrats.

If Democrats had anything remotely resembling a backbone, they'd put an end to this charade now.  However, they don't.  Watch, this crap will continue into December.  :: sighs ::
FairBol
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2016, 03:26:58 PM »

BizzBee, just STFU, will you please? I'm tired of incessantly attempting to explain to whiny little punks....among other terms I could use...that Trump won the election.  And if you happen to be "offended" by that, I couldn't care less.  Get a life, and suck it up.  Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2016, 03:27:53 PM »

If Democrats had anything remotely resembling a backbone, they'd put an end to this charade now.  However, they don't.  Watch, this crap will continue into December.  :: sighs ::
if democrats had a backbone, they'd limply roll over and let trump have his way with the most vulnerable people of the country *nods*
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2016, 03:29:43 PM »

BizzBee, just STFU, will you please? I'm tired of incessantly attempting to explain to whiny little punks....among other terms I could use...that Trump won the election.  And if you happen to be "offended" by that, I couldn't care less.  Get a life, and suck it up.  Smiley

You seem far more offended than me. Wink Calm down there buddy.

Two posts in a row all for me.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2016, 03:31:50 PM »

If Democrats had anything remotely resembling a backbone, they'd put an end to this charade now.  However, they don't.  Watch, this crap will continue into December.  :: sighs ::
if democrats had a backbone, they'd limply roll over and let trump have his way with the most vulnerable people of the country *nods*

Enough.  ENOUGH!! I'm getting rather pissed off here.  And just to point this out, when the GOP seemingly did this with Obama, the Dems STILL weren't satisfied.  Did you miss their whole "occupy the Senate Floor" thing? PATHETIC!!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2016, 03:32:56 PM »

BizzBee, just STFU, will you please? I'm tired of incessantly attempting to explain to whiny little punks....among other terms I could use...that Trump won the election.  And if you happen to be "offended" by that, I couldn't care less.  Get a life, and suck it up.  Smiley

Two posts in a row all for me.
the smiley at the end of literally almost all of their posts is a dead giveäway tbh
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2016, 03:33:47 PM »

Enough.  ENOUGH!! I'm getting rather pissed off here.  And just to point this out, when the GOP seemingly did this with Obama, the Dems STILL weren't satisfied.  Did you miss their whole "occupy the Senate Floor" thing? PATHETIC!!

Quote from: Restricted

ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ
FairBol
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2016, 03:38:53 PM »

BizzBee, just STFU, will you please? I'm tired of incessantly attempting to explain to whiny little punks....among other terms I could use...that Trump won the election.  And if you happen to be "offended" by that, I couldn't care less.  Get a life, and suck it up.  Smiley

Yes, I am offended...you know why? It's because in this election, Democrats have proven that they have absolutely no interest in hearing out the other side.  The ideals which America was built on are not only foreign to them, they are "evil".  And why? Because a Republican actually pulled off a big upset, and beat their candidate? The only thing that matters to liberals is getting their own way, the Constitution and America be damned.  And if you happen to oppose them, it's acceptable to them that they deal with you in a violent manner.  This is totally pathetic, and not worthy of my respect.  Like I said, if that offends you....well then, you know what you can kiss.  There's a reason that the symbol of the Democratic Party happens to be a jackass.  SMH
FairBol
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2016, 03:41:36 PM »

Is that all you've got? Go back to your "van down by the river" please.  LOL
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2016, 03:43:37 PM »

What iBizzBee clearly meant is that a plurality of voters rejected Trump, just like they did initially with Bush in 2000, except this time the Republican was rejected by 2+ million people.

I don't understand why you're painting us with a broad brush, which is of course something many people have doing recently. I'm a liberal and I accept that Trump won under the current rules. However, I've always supported electing presidents by popular vote, before this election and I will continue so even more after. I don't believe anyone's vote should count more than another, regardless if they are from small rural states or large, high-pop. states. My view is that a president should have at least plurality support from the entire country.

I don't see the point in a recount, as it's highly unlikely to change anything.. but Stein initiated it, not Clinton/Democrats, so it's not our doing. However, while I don't see a point I also am not against it. Republicans really shouldn't even care, because in the end Trump is still likely to be president.

So while I accept the result in general, I also don't believe Trump/Republicans have any kind of mandate, especially for a number of their policies that are and have long been unpopular.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies