interesting article on the reaction against trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:34:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  interesting article on the reaction against trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: interesting article on the reaction against trump  (Read 525 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2017, 11:14:40 PM »

has basically said everything i've been talking about for the past few years but in a more intellectual way:
https://medium.com/@CostinAlamariu/rule-of-the-global-eunuch-88ef02a3e64c#.tw9dvmwcm
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2017, 05:40:52 PM by watermelon »

I didn't like it either that the Women's march in many cities was hijacked by rich white women.  Why the hell are Madonna or Scarlett Johansson giving speeches?  The NY Times had a story with pictures from all the cities around the world where there was a march, and even in places like Ghana or Thailand, it was white  (and I assume by the way they were dressed, privileged) women leading the march.  During the New York primaries when Bernie was having huge rallies all over NYC, a reporter asked a young Bangladeshi-American college student why she supported Bernie over a woman and she said that "Hillary's white feminism doesn't appeal to me".
Having said that, the main organizer of the Women's March was Linda Sarsour who was a Bernie supporter, not a Hillary supporter so the argument the author makes about women who wanted their matriarch as president is false.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »

It's point is true, but it's too blunt for my tastes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies