Lefties Only: Reagan vs Castro
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:15:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Lefties Only: Reagan vs Castro
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who  would you vote for
Ronald Reagan

Fidel Castro

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Lefties Only: Reagan vs Castro  (Read 2336 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2016, 07:07:33 PM »

To me sanders saying he prefers castro is exactly why he never should ever ever be president  .
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 07:12:47 PM »

Reluctantly, Reagan.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 07:19:52 PM »

To me sanders saying he prefers castro is exactly why he never should ever ever be president  .

Wait, did he actually say that? WTF?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 07:26:05 PM »

To me sanders saying he prefers castro is exactly why he never should ever ever be president  .

Not that but he kinda meant that in the 1985 interview when he said that just cause Ronald Reagan thinks Castro is bad doesnt mean he actually is . While at the same time he was going to Nicragaua and calling Reagan horrible, and terrible while praising Castro in that interview.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 07:29:15 PM »

Castro (not a racist)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 07:35:40 PM »

To me sanders saying he prefers castro is exactly why he never should ever ever be president  .

Not that but he kinda meant that in the 1985 interview when he said that just cause Ronald Reagan thinks Castro is bad doesnt mean he actually is . While at the same time he was going to Nicragaua and calling Reagan horrible, and terrible while praising Castro in that interview.

31 years ago Roll Eyes
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 07:39:04 PM »

31 years ago Roll Eyes

He's right so yeah :/
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 07:40:00 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2016, 07:45:43 PM by Intell »

Castro (Not a awful human being). I don't like to f*k the poor, f*k the blacks, f*k the gays (castro's not much better in this regard but still), f*k women in muslim conturies, f*k international peace). I don't prefer a man who supports apartheid, supported al-qeda, supported a violent overthrow of a democratic government in Nicaragua to replace it with a facist dicatorship, and supporting such dictatorships from the land of the free and supplying illegal arms overseas.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 01:23:34 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2016, 04:25:14 AM by Old School Republican »

Castro (Not a awful human being). I don't like to f*k the poor middle class, f*k the blacks, immigrants,  f*k the gays (castro's not much better in this regard but still) , f*k women in muslimlatin america conturies, f*k international peace). I don't prefer a man who supports apartheidan evil communist society , supported al-qeda the Soviet Union, supported a violent overthrow of a democratic the government in Nicaragua to replace it with a facistcommunist dicatorship, and supporting such dictatorships from the land of the free and supplying illegal arms overseas. Cuba.

FTFY
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 01:42:51 AM »

Castro (Not a awful human being). I don't like to f*k the poor, f*k the blacks, f*k the gays (castro's not much better in this regard but still), f*k women in muslim conturies, f*k international peace). I don't prefer a man who supports apartheid, supported al-qeda, supported a violent overthrow of a democratic government in Nicaragua to replace it with a facist dicatorship, and supporting such dictatorships from the land of the free and supplying illegal arms overseas.
I'd rather like to see AIDS go untreated by the government than I would see all homosexuals sent to "re-education" camps. I know that's just me.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 04:21:26 AM »

Aside from Raegan's horrible economic policies, which are one of the single biggest causes of the rise of inequality, the decline of the middle class and the economic crises of the last decade; Reagan also has the blood of tens of thousands of nicaraguans on his hand through his support for the genocidal, terrorist contras.

Reagan was worse
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 08:18:58 AM »

Aside from Raegan's horrible economic policies, which are one of the single biggest causes of the rise of inequality, the decline of the middle class and the economic crises of the last decade; Reagan also has the blood of tens of thousands of nicaraguans on his hand through his support for the genocidal, terrorist contras.

Reagan was worse
Yeah, as bad as he was, next to Reagan, Castro looks like a benign, peace-loving hippie.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 08:54:16 AM »

Really sick to see the white washing of the Reagan Era. If you are able to do so, you are an amoral soul beyond hope of redemption. Do you realize how much that tyrant destroyed everything for the vast majority of the population? I mean, geez, open a book.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2016, 09:00:23 AM by Spicy Purrito »

Although, I imagine we totally mishandled Castro if not since the inception, since at at least 1991.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 09:14:37 AM »

And people say the right is too extreme...
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 09:31:40 AM »

Neither.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 01:54:37 PM »

I mean in the context of their countries (the only way such a comparison is worth a damn) Castro is clearly better than Raygun.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »

I have a lot of criticism on the Cuban regime, but Reagan was not more democratic than Castro. Reagan was an elected president of the USA, there were political liberties in the USA during his administration (before and after too), but there was never a dictator in the USA. Reagan supported many dictatorships outside the USA. He supported the South African apartheid regime, the one that Castro helped to remove.
Castro's regime was authoritarian, but Batista's regime was authoritarian too. During most of the time Castro ruled Cuba, other Latin American countries had authoritarian regimes too. At least, Cuba had more democracy in education and health than other Latin American countries. Nowadays, Cuban regime is becoming more tolerant to opposition, although we expect that these changes happen faster.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 09:20:10 PM »

Castro (Not a awful human being). I don't like to f*k the poor middle class, f*k the blacks, immigrants,  f*k the gays (castro's not much better in this regard but still) , f*k women in muslimlatin america conturies, f*k international peace). I don't prefer a man who supports apartheidan evil communist society , supported al-qeda the Soviet Union, supported a violent overthrow of a democratic the government in Nicaragua to replace it with a facistcommunist dicatorship, and supporting such dictatorships from the land of the free and supplying illegal arms overseas. Cuba.

FTFY

Cute.

I'm undecided. I'm brave enough to say that I probably don't know enough about Castro to decide. Most of y'all probably don't either.(Intell, Old School Republican)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 10:01:54 AM »

The one who was a democrat (with a small d). So, Reagan (sane). He pursued the wrong policies in many areas, but did not oppress his people.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »

This thread is why atlas was way off about the election results this year.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »

Put Reagan against someone truly evil and you might get better results (like OJ SImpson, he was voted 90% Evil in my old Evil or Not poll series.)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 01:58:59 PM »

The Gipper, easily. I don't like dictators and autocrats, no matter what kind of.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 02:45:21 PM »

Oh Atlas
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 03:37:50 PM »

This thread is why atlas was way off about the election results this year.

No. Any reasonable person would have predicted a Clinton victory. The select few calling for a double digit margin were certifiable, but being right about a Trump victory has nothing to do with logic abilities. No one should have picked that outcome.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies