Office of Congressman Ted Bessell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:55:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Congressman Ted Bessell
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Congressman Ted Bessell  (Read 526 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2016, 07:56:32 PM »

Congressman Ted Bessell

Better late than never. Tongue

Vote Explanations:

Speeches:
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 07:57:13 PM »

I'll be going through my voting record over the next few days and explaining my decisions, as I promised oh so long ago.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:40:35 PM »

A. Honored to be President Blair's choice for SOS. Questions are welcome, as always.
B. I do plan to run for re-election to the House.
C. It's been incredibly hectic since I last posted here -- essays, travel, and a brief stint with no laptop access. Doesn't excuse the lack of activity here, but hopefully explains some of it.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:02:52 PM »

I voted NAY on the Support Our Steelworkers Act because I think that imposing burdensome tariffs to make foreign goods more expensive doesn't really support anybody, including our steelworkers. There are better legislative avenues to achieve this goal.

On the other side of the coin, I voted AYE on the Employee Rights Act because it provides pretty basic and essential protections for Atlasia's citizenry.

More seriously, I think providing a reasoned pathway to citizenship for nonviolent illegal immigrants while streamlining our system and strengthening border security is just common sense, which is why I voted AYE on the Come Out of the Shadows Act.

I voted AYE on the Deputy Game Moderator Act because formally giving the GM more capabilities and assistance with his duties is a very good thing.

AYE

This seems like a decent way to give people an alternative to our current, flawed loan system.

My vote on the Postal Service Community Financial Lending Act is pretty self-explanatory.

I voted AYE on the Anti-Terror Coalition Resolution because while I consider myself generally cautious when it comes to foreign affairs, forming an anti-terror coalition and authorizing military force against ISIS is definitely a step forward in our battle against the group.

I voted AYE on the New Foreign Relations Review Act because I have precognition and really enjoy writing reports.

I abstained from voting on the Hanukkah as a Federal Holiday Act because, although I am Jewish by blood, I would rather we have a certain number of designated days off for religious holidays or something than make new ones for individual events. The only exception to this rule should be the Super Bowl.

I voted AYE on The Presidential Succession Act because having an line of succession is important.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies