A poll to determine somethings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:32:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A poll to determine somethings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A poll to determine somethings  (Read 1993 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2004, 12:17:13 PM »

Basically I'm trying to decide if I have a chance in a race such as this... I feel that sometimes if you want change you have to go out and get it yourself.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 12:21:59 PM »

I don't know anything about your stance on issues to comment, therefore I will not vote unless you care to give a brief overview of your position
ShapeShifter

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 12:23:12 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2004, 12:25:57 PM by Senator ShapeShifter »

Nym all the way. He is the most presidential member in this board. You never see him whine a lot about little things. Nym is cool and stays above the fray. He never takes anything personal, even when people talk bad about him. Also, you would never see him threaten the board to leave because things are going tough. We need and have a president who will stay no matter what. Vote for President Nym.
John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 12:54:41 PM »

I Just Annonecd i am running for Presdntial Nomtians
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 12:58:53 PM »

Wildcard, if you ran, I'd vote for you!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 01:04:09 PM »

wildcard, come on aim more often, I want to talk to you about Governorship elections and the such.

John D. Ford, do you have aim?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 01:37:54 PM »

Nym all the way. He is the most presidential member in this board. You never see him whine a lot about little things. Nym is cool and stays above the fray. He never takes anything personal, even when people talk bad about him. Also, you would never see him threaten the board to leave because things are going tough. We need and have a president who will stay no matter what. Vote for President Nym.

This coming from the person who have accues almost everone for not being active enough??? I'm confused...
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 01:41:23 PM »

I do not have AIM because I hate AIM.  I don't like to type conversations or be interrupted when I'm surfing.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 01:42:17 PM »

I do not have AIM because I hate AIM.  I don't like to type conversations or be interrupted when I'm surfing.

darn, lol, everyone uses aim though, you gotta start using it so we can all chat about stuff lol. Nah man that's cool.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 01:42:36 PM »

This coming from the person who have accues almost everone for not being active enough??? I'm confused...

Gus, now you are trying to make this personal. I will not contribute to your games. I have already said, that my assestment of Nym's level of activity was a premature one.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2004, 01:45:56 PM »

Gus, now you are trying to make this personal. I will not contribute to your games. I have already said, that my assestment of Nym's level of activity was a premature one.

I'm not trying to make it personal, I never try to make things personal, even though they can sometimes become personal anyway. I have, as far as I can recall, gotten into 2 real personal conflicts on the forum, both of which are now resolved.

You used to say, and I have not spotted a change in this attitude until now, that you would base your vote on people's activity level, the more active the better, and criticize a lot of people, including Nym90, for not being active enough. And now you seem to view uninvolvement as a positive quality, I did find that a little odd.

Also, you, and granted several others as well, including myself, are not exactly staying above the fray, I'd say.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2004, 01:48:38 PM »

I'm not trying to make it personal, I never try to make things personal, even though they can sometimes become personal anyway. I have, as far as I can recall, gotten into 2 real personal conflicts on the forum, both of which are now resolved.

You used to say, and I have not spotted a change in this attitude until now, that you would base your vote on people's activity level, the more active the better, and criticize a lot of people, including Nym90, for not being active enough. And now you seem to view uninvolvement as a positive quality, I did find that a little odd.

Also, you, and granted several others as well, including myself, are not exactly staying above the fray, I'd say.

I am not saying inactivity is good. That is not a fair assumption. I also do not base my votes solely on the level of activity. I also have said that my comments on Nym's activity were pre-mature. Nym is smart not to involve himself with personal attacks and go above the fray.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2004, 01:52:50 PM »

I am not saying inactivity is good. That is not a fair assumption. I also do not base my votes solely on the level of activity. I also have said that my comments on Nym's activity were pre-mature. Nym is smart not to involve himself with personal attacks and go above the fray.

Not solely, but you stated that you would vote for an active Republican over an inactive Democrat, and you based your campaign largely on your opponent being inactive.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 01:58:16 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2004, 01:58:36 PM by Senator ShapeShifter »

Not solely, but you stated that you would vote for an active Republican over an inactive Democrat, and you based your campaign largely on your opponent being inactive.

You are assuming too much here. You are jumping to conclusion. When have I ever voted for a non-existent, non-active member? Please show me, and prove me wrong. Nym is a fairly active member and he is no Justin - no offense to Justin personally.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2004, 02:00:23 PM »

You are assuming too much here. You are jumping to conclusion. When have I ever voted for a non-existent, non-active member? Please show me, and prove me wrong. Nym is a fairly active member and he is no Justin - no offense to Justin personally.

When have I ever stated that you voted for a non-existent, non-active member?  Wink

Nym is the president and Justin isn't. But the point here isn't what activity level one should have, since I could frankly care less about that.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2004, 03:04:23 PM »

wildcard you can count on my vote!!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length