This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own go
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:14:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own go
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own go  (Read 2450 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 02:39:06 PM »

If you are going to use the word of God as evidence then you must also consider in Romans when Paul wrote "For the wages of sin is death..."

If you believe, as I do, that all of us who have had the chance at some point in our lives have sinned then really we deserve nothing less. But yet out of God's grace and forgiveness He allowed for a sacrifice in our place. 

Further I would argue that when God took the lives of people, or instructed Israel to, it was just and never without cause.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 06:19:51 PM »

I think none of us know the truth. 
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 08:06:30 PM »

Ok, Lex Luthor. Go back to watching Batman versus Superman and creating monsters.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 10:32:02 PM »

If you are going to use the word of God as evidence then you must also consider in Romans when Paul wrote "For the wages of sin is death..."

If you believe, as I do, that all of us who have had the chance at some point in our lives have sinned then really we deserve nothing less. But yet out of God's grace and forgiveness He allowed for a sacrifice in our place. 

Further I would argue that when God took the lives of people, or instructed Israel to, it was just and never without cause.

Killing someone for stealing/adultery/any one of the many stupid things that the bible says are sins is kind of a dick move.

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 11:04:20 PM »

This.  God has the right to take any of our lives whenever he pleases.  Murder is defined as "unlawful killing with malice aforethought."  Because sin (and our sin nature) legally condemns us to die in our physical bodies, we are all effectively on death row; when God chooses to carry out this penalty does not negate its legality.  Furthermore, there is no malice in God; no darkness resides in him at all (1 John 1:5); however, even if you find the Biblical God to be malicious, you cannot call him murderous because he cannot kill any human unlawfully by definition.

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »

Has anyone actually had their mind changed by this guy? Does his odd version of Gnosticism appeal to anyone but himself?

Anyway, good job, you discovered an issue that Christian theologians have looked at for centuries, with various answers. Maybe you should look at what they've said about the issue.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »

This.  God has the right to take any of our lives whenever he pleases.  Murder is defined as "unlawful killing with malice aforethought."  Because sin (and our sin nature) legally condemns us to die in our physical bodies, we are all effectively on death row; when God chooses to carry out this penalty does not negate its legality.  Furthermore, there is no malice in God; no darkness resides in him at all (1 John 1:5); however, even if you find the Biblical God to be malicious, you cannot call him murderous because he cannot kill any human unlawfully by definition.

So he is our prosecutor, judge, and jailer.... we were born to serve a life sentence.  No wonder we cry when we come out.

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »

We should be more thankful that God gives us rainbows when he could just as easily be drowning everybody. Meanwhile, the ways of a perfect being such as God may be hard to understand for imperfect being such as humans, and you should probably stop trying.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 06:07:53 PM »

I know I will alienate myself from both the atheists and religious types here, but the God I believe in created space and time out of nothing - in essence, creating every single thought you could have.  It's asinine, given that, to project anything close to your idea of right and wrong to such a being.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 06:22:27 PM »

I know I will alienate myself from both the atheists and religious types here, but the God I believe in created space and time out of nothing - in essence, creating every single thought you could have.  It's asinine, given that, to project anything close to your idea of right and wrong to such a being.

The kind of being that could create the entirity of our universe having human values, thoughts, language, form, emotion, etc. is preposterous. Such a being would likely care very little about some self reproducing protein sacks on some random planet with an unusual amount of water, and if it did, only as a curiosity or something to toy with.

TL;DR a god that actually created everything would be closer Cthulhu then Jesus.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 09:55:59 AM »

The kind of being that could create the entirity of our universe having human values, thoughts, language, form, emotion, etc. is preposterous. Such a being would likely care very little about some self reproducing protein sacks on some random planet with an unusual amount of water, and if it did, only as a curiosity or something to toy with.

TL;DR a god that actually created everything would be closer Cthulhu then Jesus.

I've never found this argument particularly compelling; such a deity would not be limited by size or ability to perceive--they could, should they "desire" (were we to impose such an emotion onto them--something you have done with "curiosity" and amusement) understand each minuscule carbon-based life form's thoughts and hopes an dreams and actions. This deity wouldn't be forced to search throughout the universe for life, it would be totally and completely aware of every sub-atomic particle. Who's to say it would have no inclination to create or destroy as it sees fit, and for any purpose? The meatbags clinging near-helplessly to life on the blue orb may have been intended from the very beginning. Obviously, an uncaring deity might be as possible as a caring one, but do you consider it beyond the ability of a creator of all matter to place some value on its creations?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 01:19:21 PM »

So he is our prosecutor, judge, and jailer.... we were born to serve a life sentence.  No wonder we cry when we come out.

Yes - God has complete dominion over all of creation, including our very lives.  Fortunately, even though we deserve condemnation for our sin - he sent a substitute, the Lord Jesus Christ, to suffer and die on a cross for our sins, and was buried and rose again.  Now, God freely offers eternal life to all who repent and believe - not on the basis of our righteousness, which is corrupted by our sinful nature, but on Christ's righteousness, the righteous one who lived a sinless life.  Our fine can be paid in full and God's legal case against us can be dismissed right out of court.  It is truly good news.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 04:54:10 PM »

I've never found this argument particularly compelling; such a deity would not be limited by size or ability to perceive--they could, should they "desire" (were we to impose such an emotion onto them--something you have done with "curiosity" and amusement) understand each minuscule carbon-based life form's thoughts and hopes an dreams and actions. This deity wouldn't be forced to search throughout the universe for life, it would be totally and completely aware of every sub-atomic particle. Who's to say it would have no inclination to create or destroy as it sees fit, and for any purpose? The meatbags clinging near-helplessly to life on the blue orb may have been intended from the very beginning. Obviously, an uncaring deity might be as possible as a caring one, but do you consider it beyond the ability of a creator of all matter to place some value on its creations?

I find it unlikely that such a deity would place so much value on a single planet when it created the universe. From what we know about life, it seemed to begin when, by random chance, the right reactions to form self replicating protein sacks formed. And then, slowly, over several billion years, these protein sacks slowly evolved over several billion years of random changes and perfect conditions, until finally, actual prokaryotic cells formed. That doesn't look like an intended purpose. Why set up a planet with the right circumstances to maybe support life when you could actually create it? More likely, a creator would care primarily about the galaxies that it thought the universe needed (at least) a hundred billion of, rather then living beings which it only created on a single planet(or maybe a few). If our universe has a creator, its probably more interested in the giant mass of fusing hydrogen eight light-minutes away then what we do on Earth.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 06:31:20 PM »

I find it unlikely that such a deity would place so much value on a single planet when it created the universe. From what we know about life, it seemed to begin when, by random chance, the right reactions to form self replicating protein sacks formed. And then, slowly, over several billion years, these protein sacks slowly evolved over several billion years of random changes and perfect conditions, until finally, actual prokaryotic cells formed. That doesn't look like an intended purpose. Why set up a planet with the right circumstances to maybe support life when you could actually create it? More likely, a creator would care primarily about the galaxies that it thought the universe needed (at least) a hundred billion of, rather then living beings which it only created on a single planet(or maybe a few). If our universe has a creator, its probably more interested in the giant mass of fusing hydrogen eight light-minutes away then what we do on Earth.

Why do you think you can figure out what an infinite being is interested in? As it stands, it appears the bolded lines are more a statement about you than God.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 11:20:16 AM »

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

How do you know that God isn't suicidal?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 11:44:13 AM »

Presupposing that its attention could be finite or divided assumes the limits of a material being. This thing would be literally unlimited by any standard we could comprehend.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »

Presupposing that its attention could be finite or divided assumes the limits of a material being. This thing would be literally unlimited by any standard we could comprehend.

I agree, and my original post was not meant to reject the possibility that God cares deeply about humanity, too.  I obviously believe that God cares for humanity at least in some aspect, but I don't particularly think He/She/It cares about things like premarital sex ... though I could certainly be wrong.

The point I was trying to make, which I think you'd probably agree with, as that a being that created EVERYTHING we are aware of would, by definition, have a "mind" (I believe God to be completely without physical form and literally a "floating" consciousness) that works in ways we couldn't even fathom.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »

I see no reason to assume that a deity would care about humans, especially without any evidence that it even has a human-like ability to care. And plus, this universe is filled mostly with galaxies, stars, etc. that cannot support life. How would you know that humans were even something a creator desired to create instead of a side effect it was apathetic to?
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 10:51:51 AM »

There was cause for sure, but was it a moral cause?

Tell us what is moral about God torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it.

Scriptures say that it was because God was angry with David.

Would you kill a persons child because of your anger with the father?

How about the first born of Egypt?

Who was God angry with and who did he kill?

-----------

As to Jesus and his so called sacrifice.

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

Care to comment on the following.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree with that statement?

You might want to listen to this Bishop before you answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 10:54:03 AM »

I agree, and that makes whatever the preachers tell us, --- lies.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 10:56:07 AM »

Killing someone for stealing/adultery/any one of the many stupid things that the bible says are sins is kind of a dick move.

Indeed.

Strange how the scriptures say that an eye for an eye is close to good justice yet God takes life for a lot less than us taking a life.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 11:04:30 AM »

Has anyone actually had their mind changed by this guy? Does his odd version of Gnosticism appeal to anyone but himself?

Anyway, good job, you discovered an issue that Christian theologians have looked at for centuries, with various answers. Maybe you should look at what they've said about the issue.

Gnostic Christians and other free thinkers make up a good quarter of the population. You might wonder why we denounce idol worship and losing ones thinking ability by embracing the supernatural on no evidence at all.

What most say about this issue, and what you seem to like, goes something like this from our friend above.

"you cannot call him murderous because he cannot kill any human unlawfully by definition."

Note the moral and intellectual dissonance.

Do as I say and not as I do is a phrase that we should throw back in God's face as quite immoral.

As to Gnostic Christianity. It is a superior theology than the mainstream religions.

We are Universalists who have tied the equality of all souls people to righteousness.

The mainstream are homophobic and misogynous, so tell us which religion looks more moral.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 11:08:32 AM »

We should be more thankful that God gives us rainbows when he could just as easily be drowning everybody. Meanwhile, the ways of a perfect being such as God may be hard to understand for imperfect being such as humans, and you should probably stop trying.

Wow. A good way to do as scriptures say. Here is one of the few bits of wisdom within it.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

You promote ignorance while your bible doers the opposite.

Are you that afraid of having a look at your genocidal son murdering God?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 11:10:19 AM »

Yet scriptures say we have God's own moral sense and should be able to do so.

Genesis --- They have become as Gods in the knowing of good and evil.

Regards
DL
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies