Trump claims "millions of people" voted illegally.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:38:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump claims "millions of people" voted illegally.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Trump claims "millions of people" voted illegally.  (Read 4363 times)
Pennsylvania Deplorable

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2016, 02:11:34 PM »

True The Vote, a nonpartisan organization, is where the claim of 3 million illegals voting originally came from. I don't know if they can prove it, but it's highly unlikely no illegals voted, especially in California where they can get drivers licenses. Did enough of them vote to swing the national popular vote and close states like Nevada? We may never know, but it doesn't matter either way since Trump's electoral college victory was so overwhelming.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »

Wut?? But he tweeted this barely two weeks ago:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Source

What a joke, little Donny.

That was when he tried being nice. Now he's attacked however. And when he's attacked he knows only one option: STRIKE. BACK. HARDER.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »

If the election were decided by popular vote, both candidates would have behaved differently. Think about all the Cruz and Bernie supporters in deep red and blue states who stayed home because they didn't like either candidate and knew how their state would vote anyway. If they knew their votes mattered, many of them would have shown up, I suspect. It's impossible to say who would have won then. Just imagine the size of Trump rallies if they had been taking place in Dallas and Nashville instead of little towns in New Hampshire and Iowa. At the same time, Clinton could have reached more voters with her paid advertising, instead of just overwhelming a few media markets with nonstop ads that people start to tune out quickly.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2016, 03:08:21 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2016, 06:18:42 PM by Lincoln Republican »

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement by Trump, with no basis in fact.

He should stick to the transition, rather than making outlandish remarks such as this.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2016, 04:33:49 PM »

MILLIONS of people VOTED ILLEGALLY?! Yet that goes undetected?!

That's a ballsy claim man.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »

True The Vote, a nonpartisan organization, is where the claim of 3 million illegals voting originally came from. I don't know if they can prove it, but it's highly unlikely no illegals voted, especially in California where they can get drivers licenses. Did enough of them vote to swing the national popular vote and close states like Nevada? We may never know, but it doesn't matter either way since Trump's electoral college victory was so overwhelming.

Clearly you have no idea how things are run here in California...while undocumented immigrants can, indeed, get driver license, you do not show your DL when you vote. When you register you provide your SSN and the elections officials verify whether or not the individual is eligible to vote. If, for whatever reason, someone is not on the voter rolls (meaning they have not registered properly, they belong to a different precinct, or their citizenship status has not been confirmed) then they must submit a provisional ballot. Election officials must then verify whether or not that person is a legal voter. This is part of the reason why it takes so damn long to count our ballots.
Andrew
United States

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »

True The Vote, a nonpartisan organization . . .

You're funny.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2016, 06:53:19 PM »

I'm sure that some illegal immigrants do find a way to vote, but it's hard to see this number being remotely close to "millions." There are about 10 million illegal immigrants of voting age; saying that 20% of them are somehow registered and voting seems absurdly high given the risks and restrictions. I could see maybe 1-2% at most going for it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2016, 07:33:01 PM »

I'm sure that some illegal immigrants do find a way to vote, but it's hard to see this number being remotely close to "millions." There are about 10 million illegal immigrants of voting age; saying that 20% of them are somehow registered and voting seems absurdly high given the risks and restrictions. I could see maybe 1-2% at most going for it.

You'd have to believe that non-citizen voter turnout is at or near levels of citizen Latino turnout (as a share of their total populations). Anybody who knows the first thing about how non-citizens behave with regard to government institutions would find this laughable.

Then, you'd have to have African-American levels of support among non-citizen voters for Clinton just for Trump to break even in the popular vote.  
EnglishPete

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »

You'd have to believe that non-citizen voter turnout is at or near levels of citizen Latino turnout (as a share of their total populations). Anybody who knows the first thing about how non-citizens behave with regard to government institutions would find this laughable.

Then, you'd have to have African-American levels of support among non-citizen voters for Clinton just for Trump to break even in the popular vote.  
Well there's the figure of about 10 million voting age illegals who were recorded on the census. Now no one knows the total number of illegals in the US but let's suppose that that's a third of the total number of illegals of voting age in the US. If a third of adult illegals in the US were wiling to have their details recorded on the census why is it so implausible to believe that a tenth might be registered to vote and are voting?

Whenever it is easy and low risk for large numbers of people to cheat there will be widespread cheating. No citation is needed for that, that's just human nature all over the world. Therefore in areas where Democrat officials make it easy for illegals to vote and where there are millions of illegals  living there will be a significant number voting. I don't know if the estimate of 3 million is close. If you have a better estimate let's hear it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2016, 02:44:37 PM »

President-elect Pussygrabber's latest on voter fraud:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803423203620245504
You must be logged in to read this quote.

We have no sufficient evidence that Donald Trump is not a pedophile, Russian agent, and tax criminal, so I guess those must all be true, too.

But what Pussygrabber really wants to do is distract from his massive conflict of interest problem:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/us/politics/donald-trump-international-business.html

It's so bad that he's not technically qualified for office, and can likely be successfully impeached for it whenever the house wants.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-11-21/trump-s-hotel-lodges-a-constitutional-problem

Of course, all that really means is that he's a puppet serving at the mercy of Congress. And we're back to wondering who will be pulling the strings on Puppet President Pussygrabber.

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2016, 05:19:08 PM »

Ah, the old "you want evidence that I'm right!? Well, uh... prove me wrong! Bet you can't!"
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »

Well there's the figure of about 10 million voting age illegals who were recorded on the census. Now no one knows the total number of illegals in the US but let's suppose that that's a third of the total number of illegals of voting age in the US. If a third of adult illegals in the US were wiling to have their details recorded on the census why is it so implausible to believe that a tenth might be registered to vote and are voting?

Whenever it is easy and low risk for large numbers of people to cheat there will be widespread cheating. No citation is needed for that, that's just human nature all over the world. Therefore in areas where Democrat officials make it easy for illegals to vote and where there are millions of illegals  living there will be a significant number voting. I don't know if the estimate of 3 million is close. If you have a better estimate let's hear it.

What you are saying makes sense, but most people here will not believe you. Between voting by mail, which is incredibly open to corruption, and the lack of voter ID, it's quite likely that significant voter fraud occurs. There are also dozens of instances of votes being cast under the names of dead people who were never removed from the voter roles. Many of these cases weren't discovered until several elections after the deceased died, which means there are likely ones out there that simply haven't been caught yet. That's a far cry from millions, but the point is that voter fraud happens and the people dismissing it entirely are being irrational.

The only real reason to fear the implementation of voter ID and other laws to sure up the process is if you think you are benefitting from fraud. After all, Mexico requires voter ID and I don't hear any democrats calling them racist for it.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2016, 08:18:32 PM »

Clearly you have no idea how things are run here in California...while undocumented immigrants can, indeed, get driver license, you do not show your DL when you vote. When you register you provide your SSN and the elections officials verify whether or not the individual is eligible to vote. If, for whatever reason, someone is not on the voter rolls (meaning they have not registered properly, they belong to a different precinct, or their citizenship status has not been confirmed) then they must submit a provisional ballot. Election officials must then verify whether or not that person is a legal voter. This is part of the reason why it takes so damn long to count our ballots.
How do you stop someone from lying about who they are when they go to the polls?
cwt

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2016, 10:22:21 PM »

The only real reason to fear the implementation of voter ID and other laws to sure up the process is if you think you are benefitting from fraud. After all, Mexico requires voter ID and I don't hear any democrats calling them racist for it.

They have a national ID (which is free) and all elections are held at the federal level. I don't hear any republicans calling for national ID and federalized elections.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies