Ohio State Attack (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:54:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ohio State Attack (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio State Attack  (Read 3309 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: November 28, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »

Glad to report to Atlas Forum that I am safe
Thank G-d. When my roommate told me about this I was immediately worrying about you.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 06:12:50 PM »

With a name like "Abdul Razak Artan" there is no need to release a motive. People will have already assigned a motive of "radical islamic terrorism," regardless of what any official says.

If you were a betting man, what motive would you assign for this guy?

Social isolation, plus fear and anger at seeing the nation he's living in elect a stupid Nazi?
LOL, this type of mindboggling political correctness is part of the reason why Trump won.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:26:53 AM »

Am I the only one who didn't interpret Spicy Purrito's post as a "justification" for the attack?

I dont think anyone read it as attempting to justify the attack. It just reads as clueless that someone thinks this guy was otherwise normal until trump gets elected and then all of a sudden that is the trauma that pushes him over the edge. I definitely agree with waiting for more info on the motive whether it be islam or trump.

I suspect it was someone hurting, someone who felt alienated and alone, someone who needed help but didn't recieve it, who was pushed over the edge by trump. It's important to remember that many members of ethnic minorities were really freaked out that someone who's primary election strategy was to attack those who where different is now president.
Uh... I am an ethnic minority, and so are my American Jewish friends, many of whom weren't exactly pleased when Trump was elected... and they may feel bad, but they don't go around on campus stabbing people or driving cars into people. It's bizarre how some folks on the left think people doing crazy things because they are "pushed over the edge by Trump" is in any way an excuse or a justification. You cannot blame Trump or anyone else for this. You can only blame the guy who did it. There is still something like people's own responsibility in this world. People have agency. People have a choice. This guy made the wrong one. Can't blame Trump or anyone else for that.

And it's pretty insulting to assume ethnic minorities somehow can't be expected to not attack people just because Trump was elected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies