Ohio State Attack (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:40:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ohio State Attack (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio State Attack  (Read 3307 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: November 28, 2016, 05:32:02 PM »

With a name like "Abdul Razak Artan" there is no need to release a motive. People will have already assigned a motive of "radical islamic terrorism," regardless of what any official says.

If you were a betting man, what motive would you assign for this guy?

Social isolation, plus fear and anger at seeing the nation he's living in elect a stupid Nazi?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »

So he's the victim right? Those people deserved to be stabbed right? Is that what you're saying here?
I know it's easy to be an anonymous dickhead on the Internet, but holy sh**t, are you actually making an excuse for this POS because you're mad about an election?  Jeez.

The country elects someone who is rather unsavory in your opinion, so you attack a group of innocent folks with an automobile and a machete?

President-elect Pussygrabber has promised torture and the murder of women and children. When his supporters whine about someone losing it and attacking their fellow human beings like this guy did, what they're REALLY complaining about is that they want to be the ones doing the attacking (vicariously or otherwise) and they don't think it's fair that they might be at risk themselves. They're already guilty of the exact same crime - it's just that instead of car, knife, suicide vest or gun, they decided to act out on their insanity by voting for the promise of fascism, ethnic cleansing, war crimes, and torture.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »

Am I the only one who didn't interpret Spicy Purrito's post as a "justification" for the attack?

I dont think anyone read it as attempting to justify the attack. It just reads as clueless that someone thinks this guy was otherwise normal until trump gets elected and then all of a sudden that is the trauma that pushes him over the edge. I definitely agree with waiting for more info on the motive whether it be islam or trump.

I suspect it was someone hurting, someone who felt alienated and alone, someone who needed help but didn't recieve it, who was pushed over the edge by trump. It's important to remember that many members of ethnic minorities were really freaked out that someone who's primary election strategy was to attack those who where different is now president.
Uh... I am an ethnic minority, and so are my American Jewish friends, many of whom weren't exactly pleased when Trump was elected... and they may feel bad, but they don't go around on campus stabbing people or driving cars into people. It's bizarre how some folks on the left think people doing crazy things because they are "pushed over the edge by Trump" is in any way an excuse or a justification. You cannot blame Trump or anyone else for this. You can only blame the guy who did it. There is still something like people's own responsibility in this world. People have agency. People have a choice. This guy made the wrong one. Can't blame Trump or anyone else for that.

And it's pretty insulting to assume ethnic minorities somehow can't be expected to not attack people just because Trump was elected.

My point was that trump was the spark that caused the keg to blow up, metaphorically speaking. We (or at least I) are not arguing that this is all trump's fault. Something else likely would have triggered this if trump had lost. trump was just the final straw. This is someone who was hurting badly enough to turn to violence. I don't assume that members of ethnic minorities are doomed to violence just because of trump. He pushed someone who was already falling apart over the edge, with tragic results.
Most of this called hysteria and projection in the psychological community, I believe.

And yet you still can't directly blame the attacker (an Islamic fundie-2016 has made strange bedfellows, as Simfan recently noted) for his actions.

Is there even evidence that he was a fundimentalist?

Darker skin and a funny name. Enough to make him a terrorist mastermind to the permanent terrified cultists of President-elect Pussygrabber.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 03:39:39 PM »

Am I the only one who didn't interpret Spicy Purrito's post as a "justification" for the attack?

I dont think anyone read it as attempting to justify the attack. It just reads as clueless that someone thinks this guy was otherwise normal until trump gets elected and then all of a sudden that is the trauma that pushes him over the edge. I definitely agree with waiting for more info on the motive whether it be islam or trump.

I suspect it was someone hurting, someone who felt alienated and alone, someone who needed help but didn't recieve it, who was pushed over the edge by trump. It's important to remember that many members of ethnic minorities were really freaked out that someone who's primary election strategy was to attack those who where different is now president.
Uh... I am an ethnic minority, and so are my American Jewish friends, many of whom weren't exactly pleased when Trump was elected... and they may feel bad, but they don't go around on campus stabbing people or driving cars into people. It's bizarre how some folks on the left think people doing crazy things because they are "pushed over the edge by Trump" is in any way an excuse or a justification. You cannot blame Trump or anyone else for this. You can only blame the guy who did it. There is still something like people's own responsibility in this world. People have agency. People have a choice. This guy made the wrong one. Can't blame Trump or anyone else for that.

And it's pretty insulting to assume ethnic minorities somehow can't be expected to not attack people just because Trump was elected.

My point was that trump was the spark that caused the keg to blow up, metaphorically speaking. We (or at least I) are not arguing that this is all trump's fault. Something else likely would have triggered this if trump had lost. trump was just the final straw. This is someone who was hurting badly enough to turn to violence. I don't assume that members of ethnic minorities are doomed to violence just because of trump. He pushed someone who was already falling apart over the edge, with tragic results.
Most of this called hysteria and projection in the psychological community, I believe.

And yet you still can't directly blame the attacker (an Islamic fundie-2016 has made strange bedfellows, as Simfan recently noted) for his actions.

Darker skin and a funny name. Enough to make him a terrorist mastermind to the permanent terrified cultists of President-elect Pussygrabber.
I was thinking about the Facebook posts where he praised ISIS leaders, but whatever.

And where are these "Facebook posts where he praised ISIS leaders"? In imagination land, where Pussygrabber is a successful business tycoon, instead of a con artist and actor?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 04:33:29 PM »

I was thinking about the Facebook posts where he praised ISIS leaders, but whatever.

And where are these "Facebook posts where he praised ISIS leaders"? In imagination land, where Pussygrabber is a successful business tycoon, instead of a con artist and actor?
On his Facebook? On the news?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/us/ohio-state-university-attack/
Says nothing about him praising ISIS leaders. You're delusional and making stuff up.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 05:35:36 PM »

On his Facebook? On the news?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/us/ohio-state-university-attack/
Says nothing about him praising ISIS leaders. You're delusional and making stuff up.
Was the CNN report aired on TV wrong?  No. But Fox elaborates.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Keep digging buddy!

Oh, Faux News "elaborates". Very convincing. Not.

You said,

Al-Awlaki was a bad guy and deserved what he got (even if the manner of his death is troubling). But he was not "ISIS leaders". You're exaggerating and making things up. I.e. what we should get used to expecting from Trumpchumps.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 08:02:02 PM »

I'm just going to note that I initially sneered at the suggestion that this was an Islamic inspired attack and sadly I was wrong. It's a shame that Tweed wannabe Runeghost's personal dislike for me is strong enough for him to find a way to a) repeatedly grasp at straws in the face of the obvious, and worse, b) outright justify the attack and find a way to pin the blame on me and the millions of other Americans who took a stand for Trump. Sad!

Lies, name-calling and more lies, to cover up that you got caught lying and had it pointed out what a hypocrite you are. President-elect Pussygrabber couldn't ask for a more enthusiastic imitator.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 08:06:53 PM »

This man was incredibly misguided, but he wasn't some heartless killer.

Did you say the same thing about Dylan Roof? If you were to change his statements by swapping out 'muslims' for 'whites' and 'Americans' for 'black people' you'd probably get something similar to what Roof believed.

Stop making excuses for terrorists, regardless of their ideology.

Yes indeed. Let us arrest, charge and try, then appropriately punish, all terrorists, no matter what their ideology. Starting with the ones we have at home:

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 08:43:40 PM »

I'm just going to note that I initially sneered at the suggestion that this was an Islamic inspired attack and sadly I was wrong. It's a shame that Tweed wannabe Runeghost's personal dislike for me is strong enough for him to find a way to a) repeatedly grasp at straws in the face of the obvious, and worse, b) outright justify the attack and find a way to pin the blame on me and the millions of other Americans who took a stand for Trump. Sad!

Lies, name-calling and more lies, to cover up that you got caught lying and had it pointed out what a hypocrite you are. President-elect Pussygrabber couldn't ask for a more enthusiastic imitator.
You denied the media was reporting that the attacker pledged allegiance to radical Islamists like Al-Awlaki and have nothing to fall back on but technicalities. That was a lie on your part. You've been referring to our President-elect as "Pussygrabber" and me as a "racist," "liar," and so on. That is name-calling on your part.

How dare you suggest that referring to President-elect Pussygrabber in the fashion that he has so clearly demonstrated he deems appropriate for addressing prominent national figures is "name-calling"? For shame sir (or ma'am). For shame.

Like your cult leader, you're still making stuff up.  You said,

You have yet to produce any evidence for what you claim. Because you made it up. That makes you a liar.  And I certainly didn't call you a racist directly, although if you self-identify as a "permanently terrified cultist of President-elect Pussygrabber" who is afraid of people with brown skin then feel free to (accurately) consider yourself a racist, too.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 09:07:20 AM »

You denied the media was reporting that the attacker pledged allegiance to radical Islamists like Al-Awlaki and have nothing to fall back on but technicalities. That was a lie on your part. You've been referring to our President-elect as "Pussygrabber" and me as a "racist," "liar," and so on. That is name-calling on your part.

How dare you suggest that referring to President-elect Pussygrabber in the fashion that he has so clearly demonstrated he deems appropriate for addressing prominent national figures is "name-calling"? For shame sir (or ma'am). For shame.

Like your cult leader, you're still making stuff up.  You said,

You have yet to produce any evidence for what you claim. Because you made it up. That makes you a liar.  And I certainly didn't call you a racist directly, although if you self-identify as a "permanently terrified cultist of President-elect Pussygrabber" who is afraid of people with brown skin then feel free to (accurately) consider yourself a racist, too.
What difference does ISIS and Al Qaida make? Is 9/11 suddenly ok because they aren't ISIS?

Thank you for proving what I wrote earlier: Trumpchumps don't care about details. If he hadn't said something about Al-Awaki, you'd be going "terror, terror, terror" just because he was a practising follower of Al-Gebra.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies