The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:37:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 49050 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2017, 10:39:39 PM »

Hm...Maybe we could say with the other candidates ether too far away or held by Starks, that Asha strong arms her way to being the next ruler? I'd rejoin as a Greyjoy for that. (Otherwise the High Sparrow is tempting)

High sparrow very much alive
Isn't he dead?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2017, 11:29:16 PM »

What? The High Sparrow is very much alive.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2017, 01:57:46 AM »

Well dead or alive, if no one objects to my Ashe justification. I'll rejoin as her.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #278 on: February 07, 2017, 04:16:27 AM »

I like to think Euron might have paid attention to the whereabouts of the last egg...!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2017, 07:03:31 AM »

Lumine, if you can explain me what is up with the High Sparrow, I would like to rejoin with him if it is possible.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »

I'm fine with the Asha justification, you'll be in charge of Pyke and the Iron Islands, but its up to you to bring Victarion in line and decide whether to crown yourself Queen or not.

Lumine, if you can explain me what is up with the High Sparrow, I would like to rejoin with him if it is possible.

Well, like in the show the sparrows flooded the capital, and since the situation was even more chaotic they managed to take over the sept of Baelor and force the election of the High Sparrow as High Septon. So you'd begin playing in the middle of King's Landing with a small army of sparrows and the moral authority of the High Septon.

It would be up to you to whether you can turn that into a powerbase given the situation, but that's more or less the idea behind the HS.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2017, 11:44:32 AM »

Writing new turn, please refrain from sending PM's.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »

I'm fine with the Asha justification, you'll be in charge of Pyke and the Iron Islands, but its up to you to bring Victarion in line and decide whether to crown yourself Queen or not.

Well, like in the show the sparrows flooded the capital, and since the situation was even more chaotic they managed to take over the sept of Baelor and force the election of the High Sparrow as High Septon. So you'd begin playing in the middle of King's Landing with a small army of sparrows and the moral authority of the High Septon.

It would be up to you to whether you can turn that into a powerbase given the situation, but that's more or less the idea behind the HS.
I'm fine with it Cheesy.
Will I have a special ability?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2017, 12:24:59 PM »

I'm fine with it Cheesy.
Will I have a special ability?

No, I didn't continue the special ability idea. It didn't quite work as intended.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #284 on: February 07, 2017, 01:11:21 PM »

The turn is a bit less detailed than usual since I'm away from home and I don't have my notes with me, but it's up anyway.

Best of luck to all!
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2017, 09:28:25 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm imagining TV's Roose Bolton suggesting that and it's... well, it's chilling.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2017, 10:23:35 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm imagining TV's Roose Bolton suggesting that and it's... well, it's chilling.

I'd like to see BookRoose played by Michael McElhatton.  McElhatton gave such a great performance (seriously, the man did so much with so little every time he appeared in a scene) that I literally can't imagine Roose looking or sounding any different (same thing with Maisie Williams as Arya, Jack Gleeson as Joffrey, Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow, Conleth Hill as Varys, Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne, Anton Lesser as Qyburn, Lino Facioli as Robin Arryn, and Charles Dance as Tywin).  That said – as is the case with Qyburn, Varys, and Arya  – I like the book version of Roose much better than the show version even though the actor gives essentially a perfect performance in the role.  Alas, D&D chose to shift ShowRoose way into the background and dumb him down quite a bit post-season three to clear the way for the far less interesting villain sue known as ShowRamsay (speaking of a great performance by someone playing a far less interesting take on a character, it's too bad they made ShowRamsay such a traditional villain and removed a lot of his insecurities, his kinda pathetic lack of impulse control, and really downplayed his daddy issues and – especially post season four – latent homosexuality as this kind of stuff made him a far more interesting character in the books; ShowRamsay often feels like a pseudo-edgy TDK Joker rip-off that happened to have a good actor cast in the role although it worked well enough for seasons 3 and 4, I suppose).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »

Qyburn being better in the books? Huh, talk about different perspectives.

Anyway, this turn ends on Sunday.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #288 on: February 09, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »

To be clear, the actor gave a perfect performance; it's the writing that I have a problem with.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #289 on: February 09, 2017, 05:38:46 PM »

To be clear, the actor gave a perfect performance; it's the writing that I have a problem with.

And on many characters I agree, I just don't really see a problem with Qyburn's writing.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2017, 06:46:30 PM »

And on many characters I agree, I just don't really see a problem with Qyburn's writing.

They made him a Dr. Frankenstein expy in the show instead of a Dr. Mengele expy (which is what he was in the books and it made him much more frightening, I think).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2017, 12:57:17 AM »

I don't recall Book Qyburn being frightening at all, but that's up for debate certainly.

This turn ends on Saturday night.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2017, 01:21:38 AM »

I don't recall Book Qyburn being frightening at all, but that's up for debate certainly.

This turn ends on Saturday night.

His detachedness approach as well as his willingness to just mutilate and destroy people for his science...

A particularly chilling part is (SPOILERS) when Cersei has given Falyse Stokeworth to him after her husband's death at the hand kg Bronn to shut her up and suddenly realizing she needs her again and asking Qyburn if she lives... Then he replies she is basically insane or so horribly mutilated she's useless to Cersei's plans... Chills down the spine. My pet theory is it's her or some cobbled mess for a head underneath Robert Strong's helmet
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2017, 06:39:33 AM »

Let's all just agree that the depiction of Edmure Tully was crap. I love the actor but they made him a one-note doofus for old Blackfish to slap about.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2017, 11:02:32 PM »

Remember that we have about 24 hours left. If an extension is needed let me know.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »

How much more is left? I'm pretty much ready just waiting on a pm
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2017, 04:58:23 PM »

How much more is left? I'm pretty much ready just waiting on a pm

5 hours.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2017, 10:39:50 PM »

Turn is over. I'll post the turn for Peace Through Strength and then the end of this turn.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »

Turn is over. I'll post the turn for Peace Through Strength and then the end of this turn.

I'm both excited and terrified.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2017, 10:58:08 PM »

I'm both excited and terrified.

Haven't done the dice rolls, but several players put themselves in very interesting situations. I expect some may not live through the night.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies