The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:35:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 49027 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2017, 07:56:44 PM »

Shweet
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2017, 08:32:44 PM »

I'm all aboard starting as soon as we can.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2017, 08:46:42 PM »

Very well then, I'll get to work on this and SoD.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2017, 01:12:51 AM »

A few notes:

The game hasn't started yet! Most of the info is there, but I'm yet to open the turn as I need to post the player crisis. Until that, do refrain from posting or negotiating, please.

Additionally, a reminder on threads:

Sign-Up Thread: All OOC commentary goes here, along with questions, info from me and so on.
Gameplay Thread: This is solely for me, I deliver turns, crisis, info, events, POV chapters and so on from here.
Regional Threads: These are for player use, and you post here depending on where your post applies. If, say, Ned Stark makes a declaration regarding the North, it would go in the North. If, say, Renly decrees something regarding the Stormlords, it goes in the South, and so on. The King's Landing one applies if you want to issue something for the entire realm and you reside there, Small Council meetings are simulated there as well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2017, 02:02:55 AM »

I just PM'd all players to remind them we're starting soon, and notified all of you regarding your own special abilities. They're designed to either reflect relevant traits of your lord or aid with balance, so use them wisely (or be mindful of them).
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2017, 08:22:17 AM »

Getting hyped!!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2017, 01:14:33 PM »

The game is open, I repeat, the game is open.

What I need most urgently is the Small Council decisions from Littlefinger, Varys, Stark and Renly, as that will influence the rest of the turn. If important things happen we may have POV's, but I'd like for the first turns to go fast.

Also, if players decided to discuss matters via IRC or other channels away from the forums, keep me informed. I don't need to have the whole conversation, but I need to know what is being debated and what is being agreed so the game remains consistent.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »

The game is open, I repeat, the game is open.

What I need most urgently is the Small Council decisions from Littlefinger, Varys, Stark and Renly, as that will influence the rest of the turn. If important things happen we may have POV's, but I'd like for the first turns to go fast.

Also, if players decided to discuss matters via IRC or other channels away from the forums, keep me informed. I don't need to have the whole conversation, but I need to know what is being debated and what is being agreed so the game remains consistent.

About the small council, do you want us to role play it, or send you orders and you write the results of it. I'm basically asking for some more information as to the rules of the meeting.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2017, 04:49:07 PM »

About the small council, do you want us to role play it, or send you orders and you write the results of it. I'm basically asking for some more information as to the rules of the meeting.

Here is the other game's Small Council meeting (we only had one since a player blew up the city later) for reference: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205619.0

Ideally you'd roleplay it by writing your comments, or your proposals, or a reaction. I would then close the meeting with either a write-up or, if something eventful took place, a small POV chapter. But yeah, this sort of events is meant for roleplaying.

If the game runs well enough, I'd like for us to roleplay other events, such as weddings, parleys, tournaments and so on.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2017, 05:18:08 PM »

Does this mean that small council meetings would be open to all players as they're published on the main thread?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2017, 05:38:51 PM »

Does this mean that small council meetings would be open to all players as they're published on the main thread?

That doesn't mean they become public knowledge of NPC characters, but yes, players will see the choices made. While that brings up issues of its own it would be a similar result even if I just posted POV's about it, and making them secret would make things a bit harder, I suppose.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »

That doesn't mean they become public knowledge of NPC characters, but yes, players will see the choices made. While that brings up issues of its own it would be a similar result even if I just posted POV's about it, and making them secret would make things a bit harder, I suppose.

Okay that makes more sense thanks Smiley
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2017, 06:15:31 PM »

What characters are available for someone to jump in as, if jumping in is allowed?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »

What characters are available for someone to jump in as, if jumping in is allowed?

It would be great if you jumped in, Dkrol!

Most of the possible main and secondary characters are taken, but amongst the Lords we have Yohn Royce, Randyll Tarly, Alester Florent and Leyton Hightower (if you want to propose a different one go ahead). Other than that, you could also play as either Khal Drogo or Daenerys Targaryen (as they don't have the dragon eggs, but they still have the Khalassar), or Euron Greyjoy.

Other than that a few other characters may be unlocked later, but not at the moment.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2017, 06:38:21 PM »

I think I'd like to play as Khal Drogo.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2017, 07:10:07 PM »

Excellent, I'll add you to the opening turn. That said, you cannot communicate with other players at the start due to distance and the Dothraki not using ravens (to enforce some sense of realistic communication).
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2017, 07:10:48 PM »

Excellent, I'll add you to the opening turn. That said, you cannot communicate with other players at the start due to distance and the Dothraki not using ravens (to enforce some sense of realistic communication).

Of course.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2017, 07:15:45 PM »

I apologize for my delay in starting the council meeting, it's been hectic at my house today.

I'll be able to start it later tonight.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »

Khal Drogo's armies and player decisions added.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2017, 12:25:18 AM »

May I say, good work, gentlemen!

Already an eventful first day. If we keep it up like this, first turn should end within the week and we will be able to move swiftly.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »

Just to clarify, I can make declarations, and what not, despite the small council meeting?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2017, 09:24:59 PM »

Just to clarify, I can make declarations, and what not, despite the small council meeting?

Yes, of course! You can send your messages, declarations and orders in the meantime. Ideally the Small Council meeting should be closed tomorrow night, Thursday at the latest.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2017, 09:26:05 PM »

Lumine can clarify, but I'm pretty sure the King is the one who fills Small Council vacancies in canon.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »

Lumine can clarify, but I'm pretty sure the King is the one who fills Small Council vacancies in canon.

The King is, yes. Same with the Kingsguard. If Renly is made king by Small Council decree (I still need Varys to vote, but the result will be yes) then Ned loses the Protector title and the Regency, and remains only as Hand unless Renly appoints a different hand.
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2017, 06:43:34 AM »

Just want to say, this Small Council stuff is great and amusing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies