The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:51:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 48911 times)
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2017, 04:38:29 AM »
« edited: February 22, 2017, 04:46:18 AM by Edmure Tully »

I'll take on Roose Bolton if he's available.

Edit: Also, Dereich is absolutely right about Edric's claim. It's why Edmure was so very much on the fence about declaring his loyalty for so long Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2017, 05:33:04 AM »

I must say that the Targaryan storyline (Viserys/Daenerys) is much better than the one in the books lol
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2017, 06:34:46 AM »

Edit: Also, Dereich is absolutely right about Edric's claim. It's why Edmure was so very much on the fence about declaring his loyalty for so long Tongue

Well that certainly doesn't raise any concerns about GameRoose's loyalty Tongue
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2017, 06:51:01 AM »

Ehh, I can set aside my personal feelings to play a character as they would act in the books.

Speaking of which, now Edmure's dead, I will finally ask: what the feck was Eddard Stark doing declaring for Renly over Stannis? I blame Ned for everything. Everything!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #354 on: February 22, 2017, 06:54:58 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 06:56:55 AM by Fearless Leader X »

Ehh, I can set aside my personal feelings to play a character as they would act in the books.

Speaking of which, now Edmure's dead, I will finally ask: what the feck was Eddard Stark doing declaring for Renly over Stannis? I blame Ned for everything. Everything!

It's not like Roose ever betrayed the Starks in the books Tongue  I'm just saying if you do try that it won't catch anyone off guard.

Renly was clearly the only person with a legitimate claim.

Also why did the Tullys abandon the fight to save the Riverlands?
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2017, 07:00:04 AM »

...I was going to go on a rant about that but I think there's enough wordage on yonder internets about the respective claims of Stannis and Renly. I don't need to add to that.

But right now, Westeros is bleeding mess isn't it? Good times.

Anyway, Roose Bolton might yet be the hero the Seven Kingdoms needs. If not necessarily the one it deserves.

Edit: The Tullys didn't abandon the fight, they were just massively overcome by the Lannisters and the mess in the capital. Brynden Tully lives to fight another day.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #356 on: February 22, 2017, 11:32:34 AM »

The Roose is loose! Elmo will take over as Lord Roose Bolton. In compensation, Enduro will be granted temporary control over the loyalist Riverlords and the Blackfish.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #357 on: February 22, 2017, 11:33:55 AM »

I must say that the Targaryan storyline (Viserys/Daenerys) is much better than the one in the books lol

Thank you for that!

To tell the truth, I've always been annoyed by the Essos storyline because I see much potential squandered. Keeping Viserys alive and both Targaryen heir is conflict is much more fun.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »

Honestly Lumine,
The only thing that ed up in this game is the Stannis-Viserys alliance, it should have never happened. But the rest is really good!
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2017, 12:23:50 PM »

I think I'll write a pov on the whole Edric Storm doubt and the reasoning for declaring for him over any other claimant. In the books, Cortnay was loyal to Renly until the very end, refusing to give up storms end to Stannis.

Also from a gameplay point of view, it does make the story a fair bit more interesting!
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2017, 12:25:32 PM »

I think I'll write a pov on the whole Edric Storm doubt and the reasoning for declaring for him over any other claimant. In the books, Cortnay was loyal to Renly until the very end, refusing to give up storms end to Stannis.

Also from a gameplay point of view, it does make the story a fair bit more interesting!

Cortnay is clearly a badass, of that there is no doubt. But I doubt the good people of Westeros would share the affection he has for Edric. I'd like to read such a PoV Smiley
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »

Honestly Lumine,
The only thing that ed up in this game is the Stannis-Viserys alliance, it should have never happened. But the rest is really good!

The Stannis-Viserys alliance IS odd, but at least there was a conversation in the books where Stannis admitted the hardship he had in choosing between his Targaryen King and his brother. You could spin out a "Stannis looking for redemption for a mistake" storyline with a lot of GM leeway. There is at least a bit more evidence for it than the Ned Stark-Renly alliance; that one makes zero sense with what we know of Ned.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #362 on: February 22, 2017, 01:45:48 PM »

Honestly Lumine,

The Stannis-Viserys alliance IS odd, but at least there was a conversation in the books where Stannis admitted the hardship he had in choosing between his Targaryen King and his brother. You could spin out a "Stannis looking for redemption for a mistake" storyline with a lot of GM leeway. There is at least a bit more evidence for it than the Ned Stark-Renly alliance; that one makes zero sense with what we know of Ned.
Oh yes true as well, the renly-ned alliance made 0 sense too.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #363 on: February 22, 2017, 02:06:09 PM »

As others will attest I had a horse, and boat ready for Renly to escape in turn one Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2017, 03:02:50 PM »

Honestly Lumine,

Oh yes true as well, the renly-ned alliance made 0 sense too.

But Renly was the one with a legitimate claim Tongue
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #365 on: February 22, 2017, 03:32:09 PM »

Ok, I'll defend the decision to ally with Renly.

First, he had hardly any allies in King's Landing. As evidenced in the Arya POV, he probably knew at that moment that everyone was for Renly. Then, he had his daughters. We've seen in the books that he's been willing to sacrifice his own honor for their safety.

Also, he was Robert's hand, and knew what selecting a King based on his ability to fight has gotten them. He also had Renly on the council, so he already knew a little bit about his ability to rule.

Last, but not least, Stannis declared Ned a traitor before Ned did anything.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #366 on: February 22, 2017, 04:59:59 PM »

If everyone did everything their characters would do line for line there wouldn't be much of a game ;}

Maybe Stannis grudge of Renly and Robert outweighed his sense of what claims were right. The idea of claims is pretty fluid anyways; up until the Trident or thereabouts there was no idea of who would be sitting the throne by the rebellion's end until it seemed certain the only course was deposing the Targaryens entirely.

It's more important to have a claim and the means to siege the throne than have the best claim. Stannis' claim was the best even considering the Targaryens at that point as the Targaryens were deposed and exiled with few houses even wanting a Targaryen restoration; at least most of the realm agreed on a Baratheon claimant until Robb was crowned.

Anyways Stannis was also subject to the desires of his allies and I helped push heavily for Viserys.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #367 on: February 22, 2017, 10:29:06 PM »

Any word on when the turn shall commence?
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2017, 03:58:47 AM »

First, he had hardly any allies in King's Landing. As evidenced in the Arya POV, he probably knew at that moment that everyone was for Renly. Then, he had his daughters. We've seen in the books that he's been willing to sacrifice his own honor for their safety.

Also, he was Robert's hand, and knew what selecting a King based on his ability to fight has gotten them. He also had Renly on the council, so he already knew a little bit about his ability to rule.

"It struck him suddenly that he might return to Winterfell by sea. Ned was no sailor, and ordinarily would have preferred the kingsroad, but if he took ship he could stop at Dragonstone and speak with Stannis Baratheon. Pycelle had sent a raven off across the water, with a polite letter from Ned requesting Lord Stannis to return to his seat on the small council. As yet, there had been no reply, but the silence only deepened his suspicions. Lord Stannis shared the secret Jon Arryn had died for, he was certain of it. The truth he sought might very well be waiting for him on the ancient island fortress of House Targaryen."

Nah, screw it, #TeamRenly for life!!!

(But fair enough, Stannis didn't help his cause by naming Ned a traitor -- I didn't get that one either)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2017, 11:39:39 AM »

"It struck him suddenly that he might return to Winterfell by sea. Ned was no sailor, and ordinarily would have preferred the kingsroad, but if he took ship he could stop at Dragonstone and speak with Stannis Baratheon. Pycelle had sent a raven off across the water, with a polite letter from Ned requesting Lord Stannis to return to his seat on the small council. As yet, there had been no reply, but the silence only deepened his suspicions. Lord Stannis shared the secret Jon Arryn had died for, he was certain of it. The truth he sought might very well be waiting for him on the ancient island fortress of House Targaryen."

Nah, screw it, #TeamRenly for life!!!

(But fair enough, Stannis didn't help his cause by naming Ned a traitor -- I didn't get that one either)

No offense, but you're completely missing the point, I'd suggest taking another look at Leonardothered's post.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »

Slather slather
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2017, 02:43:18 PM »

Quite. Let's set the Roose loose aboot this hoose!
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #372 on: February 24, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »

Here is the POV chapter I wrote introducing Asha:

ASHA

the end
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2017, 11:15:31 PM »

I'll be working on the turn during the weekend, been busy. If it's not up tonight, it will be up tomorrow.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2017, 06:07:24 PM »

Lumine, could you each turn give me an approximation of the current army I have (like for the others) please? That would help me a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies