The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:14:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 49056 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 28, 2016, 10:35:27 PM »
« edited: November 29, 2016, 12:30:30 AM by Malcolm X »

I'll play as Ned

Nevermind, I'll play as Littlefinger.  I've already been Tywin, Roose, Joffrey, Ramsay, and Roose again Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »

Sure, I can write the Arya POV
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 02:27:33 PM »

Excellent!

I'll send you and Garlan the details I need you to cover. I'll handle Janos Slynt myself. Ideally, I'd want us to start the game within the week.

Who is doing Pycelle/Barristan?  Or was the Janos one instead of those?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:38:27 PM »

I'm writing the POV and Garlan and X have their instructions, so I'm hoping Sunday, perhaps early next week.

I should have a chance to work on it this weekend, it's been a really busy week Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 11:46:24 AM »

Update:

My laptop died today rather suddenly... Not only does this leave me stranded at the middle of university exams without many files I need to end the semester, but it means the files I had on The Iron Throne and Swords of Damocles are basically gone. I'm taking a bit of a break as I try to find a solution, both games will have to be suspended in the meantime.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 09:26:05 PM »

Just to clarify, I can make declarations, and what not, despite the small council meeting?

Lumine can clarify, but I'm pretty sure the King is the one who fills Small Council vacancies in canon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 10:50:26 PM »

Other than Garlan, who is to send his orders later, I still have three players who haven't acted at all. And they're rather relevant, I might say.

It'd still be nice to get the turn before you go, at least imo.  Even if it is a weird one.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 04:47:46 PM »

I'd like us to end this turn tomorrow so we can move on, so please send your remaining orders as soon as possible. I think four players still need to send those (three of them who are quite important to end the turn)

On the good news side, as soon as I close the turn I'll post POV's! Anywhere from 2 to 3, one of which is already finished (and it's one I had a lot of fun writing)

Oh dear...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 09:56:45 PM »

Littlefinger's Financial Strategy (DO NOT STEAL):

1. Make everyone think you're a financial wizard
2. Accumulate huge debts to one lord. DON'T PAY ANYTHING BACK.
3. Have the Crown declare a partial debt default
4. Have the Crown remove the lord's titles
5. Get yourself named the new lord

It works, I guess...

Some folks just hate success, I suppose Tongue

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 09:34:31 AM »

This turn is closed. The internet connection where I am is downright awful, so no POV's. End of Turn will be up soon.

Do we still get the information that would've been in the PoVs?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 08:50:31 PM »

This turn is over btw, I'm half way through the dice rolls. One of you, I'm afraid, is dead. Two to three more players may also be in danger.

Dun dun duuunnn
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 09:40:20 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2017, 09:44:24 PM by Malcolm X »

It may be delayed a couple of hours... hearing of John Hurt's death forced me to watch some of his scenes as Caligula.

But dice rolls are done, three of you ended up dying.

Holy Inks on a stick Shocked

I predict Walder Frey, Edmure Tully, and Viserys Targaryen ended up dying.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 10:52:55 PM »

Huh...did not see that coming (well aside from Walder Frey, who was clearly a goner).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 06:31:01 AM »

Let's go over open characters:

We have House Tyrell (as Mace Tyrell) and some of its key bannermen such as Houses Florent, Hightower and Tarly. We have the Stormlands wide open after Stannis's death, so a player can choose between Eldon Estermont, Bryce Caron, Cortnay Penrose and, if we really want to go to uncharted territory, play as young Edric Storm.

Davos Seaworth is another possibility, I can retcon his presence in KL and have him in charge of Stannis's armies and fleets in Dragonstone to give him a shot.

In Essos we also have Tyrosh (As Drogo's ally and now expanding through South Essos), the Iron Bank of Braavos (although I've made little progress on how they should be played), and of course, the adventurer Euron Greyjoy.

That aside, there's Yohn Royce, Wyman Manderly or Roose Bolton as other important Lords (although I'd very much encourage taking Tyrell first, and perhaps the Stormlords second unless we want to have that as NPC's).

Events in King's Landing will be moving fast (and going crazy soon), but so far none of the characters I have in mind there are available.

I wouldn't say wide open given that their loyalty by all rights and measures goes to by default to Shireen... ;}

You would say that, wouldn't you Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »

Five hours left, gentlemen, I suggest you hurry.

What?  You didn't give us much warning, can I please get 24 hour extension?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:16 PM »

Hm...Maybe we could say with the other candidates ether too far away or held by Starks, that Asha strong arms her way to being the next ruler? I'd rejoin as a Greyjoy for that. (Otherwise the High Sparrow is tempting)

Isn't he dead?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 10:23:35 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm imagining TV's Roose Bolton suggesting that and it's... well, it's chilling.

I'd like to see BookRoose played by Michael McElhatton.  McElhatton gave such a great performance (seriously, the man did so much with so little every time he appeared in a scene) that I literally can't imagine Roose looking or sounding any different (same thing with Maisie Williams as Arya, Jack Gleeson as Joffrey, Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow, Conleth Hill as Varys, Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne, Anton Lesser as Qyburn, Lino Facioli as Robin Arryn, and Charles Dance as Tywin).  That said – as is the case with Qyburn, Varys, and Arya  – I like the book version of Roose much better than the show version even though the actor gives essentially a perfect performance in the role.  Alas, D&D chose to shift ShowRoose way into the background and dumb him down quite a bit post-season three to clear the way for the far less interesting villain sue known as ShowRamsay (speaking of a great performance by someone playing a far less interesting take on a character, it's too bad they made ShowRamsay such a traditional villain and removed a lot of his insecurities, his kinda pathetic lack of impulse control, and really downplayed his daddy issues and – especially post season four – latent homosexuality as this kind of stuff made him a far more interesting character in the books; ShowRamsay often feels like a pseudo-edgy TDK Joker rip-off that happened to have a good actor cast in the role although it worked well enough for seasons 3 and 4, I suppose).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »

Qyburn being better in the books? Huh, talk about different perspectives.

Anyway, this turn ends on Sunday.

To be clear, the actor gave a perfect performance; it's the writing that I have a problem with.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 06:46:30 PM »

Qyburn being better in the books? Huh, talk about different perspectives.

Anyway, this turn ends on Sunday.

To be clear, the actor gave a perfect performance; it's the writing that I have a problem with.

And on many characters I agree, I just don't really see a problem with Qyburn's writing.

They made him a Dr. Frankenstein expy in the show instead of a Dr. Mengele expy (which is what he was in the books and it made him much more frightening, I think).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »

I don't think anyone except the Lannisters had a good turn, tbh Tongue  And even with them, the good things were – aside from gaining the Iron Bank's backing (tip of the hat to Spamage for pulling that off, btw; I had a genuine "d'oh, why didn't I think of that" moment when I read that you'd gotten their support) – more that things didn't go nearly as badly as they could've (as opposed to actually going well).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »

It was a bit anticlimatic when I did some of the dice rolls. Had some gone the other way around it would have been worse for several players, whereas instead this is more of a "war of attrition" turn.

In any case, I'm beginning to prepare my box of suprises for the coming turns as 300 AL approaches.

Lumine,
Could you post a detailed post about the forces in Kings Landing, I need to have numbers.
Thanks in advance,
WJ

Will do.

*cue ominous music*
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 07:05:13 AM »

I'm pretty sure that LF doesn't have any brothers...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 10:45:58 AM »

I'm pretty sure that LF doesn't have any brothers...

Managed to get online for a couple of minutes, if it's the KL decision, read that as "brothel" (I was short on time as I wrote, couldn't proofread it).

Ah, that makes more sense.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 08:20:34 PM »

So I guess Viserys and the Robert bastard are the frontrunners right ?

Viserys, Edric, and Tommen are in a tight three-way battle, I think.  Edric has legitimacy and the broadest coalition, Viserys has the best strategic position and will likely take KL soon, and Tommen has manpower and money.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »

So I guess Viserys and the Robert bastard are the frontrunners right ?

Viserys, Edric, and Tommen are in a tight three-way battle, I think.  Edric has legitimacy and the broadest coalition, Viserys has the best strategic position and will likely take KL soon, and Tommen has manpower and money.
Well yes you're good for summarizing things Tongue.

I do what I can Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies