The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:03:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 49019 times)
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« on: November 28, 2016, 11:23:46 PM »

Balon sounds fun, I'm gonna call dibs on him.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 04:59:37 AM »

Bloody Starks. They bang your sister and then they think they can raise your levies!

I say we chop all their heads off.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 06:16:03 PM »

That sucks, computer trouble is never fun. At least we know now.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 06:10:56 AM »

Though as mentioned before, computer issues have suspended the game atm, so it may be some time after joining that you'll actually have a game to participate in.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 08:32:44 PM »

I'm all aboard starting as soon as we can.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »

Welcome back. I just sent my moves in, procrastination is a tough mistress.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »

Makes things more interesting.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »

I'd like us to end this turn tomorrow so we can move on, so please send your remaining orders as soon as possible. I think four players still need to send those (three of them who are quite important to end the turn)

On the good news side, as soon as I close the turn I'll post POV's! Anywhere from 2 to 3, one of which is already finished (and it's one I had a lot of fun writing)

Oh dear...
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 09:13:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
First difference from the books!

The point has been made at least. Tongue

Gonna be fun trying to get myself out of this situation that's for sure.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »

This turn is over btw, I'm half way through the dice rolls. One of you, I'm afraid, is dead. Two to three more players may also be in danger.

Dun dun duuunnn
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 08:01:55 AM »

Anyone else cracking up / despairing at quickfire fone autocorrect? David Seaworth, Shirley Baratheon, Khan or Khalifa Drogo...

That's not funny at all.

-Edmund Fully

I agree

-Salon Gregory
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 10:57:04 PM »

Fine, until tomorrow it is (26 hours more).

I don't see why you're all surprised, though, it's been literally a week and it's been several turns now we take an exact week and end on Fridays.

I'm inclined to agree. We've had today as the cut off for some time now. Shouldn't catch anyone off guard.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »

I might of died, but at least the Starks look bad now.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 11:08:56 PM »

And Balon proved a much wiser king than in canon.

Canon Balon also did better, taking large chunks of the North.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 11:35:20 PM »

I've always disliked the Greyjoys in these games and thought they are essentially traps for aspiring players. Once you get the role you realize you have no potential allies (because nobody SERIOUSLY wants to allow the realm to split up), too few military resources to have a critical impact on the war, but a strong enough navy to make invasion highly unlikely. Garlan is the only one who came close to a significant impact and that's because that game was pre-Wot5k and independence wasn't the only option.

Yeah, whole time I played I thought. "It don't really matter who I side with, they gonna back stab me anyways." Was banking on the Targaryan deciding I wasn't worth the trouble of retaking.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 12:18:48 AM »

At any rate, I am game for rejoining. Maybe not as a Greyjoy though.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 05:09:52 PM »

I absolutely loved playing the Greyjoys - ships, crazy cast of various characters, risk-taking, madness, unpredictability, etc. And I think one of the fun things about this games is (at least ideally) that everyone has endless potential beyond their apparent resources - as I hope Ramsay Snow and Aurane Waters have both in their time proved...!

So Dr_Novella don't abandon the squiddies unless you really want to - not speaking from self interest here! If Vissy got copped I would definitely consider reentering as Asha or Euron

Maybe. Though going by kingsmoot, Vicarion would probably get it. Didn't send Asha to do anything and I don't remember if Euron has the horn yet.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 08:31:50 PM »

Hm...Maybe we could say with the other candidates ether too far away or held by Starks, that Asha strong arms her way to being the next ruler? I'd rejoin as a Greyjoy for that. (Otherwise the High Sparrow is tempting)
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 01:57:46 AM »

Well dead or alive, if no one objects to my Ashe justification. I'll rejoin as her.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »

So uh. As much as it pains me to say this. I've lost my spark with these games as of late and not giving it the time they deserve. So uh yeah. Gonna back out for now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies