OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:54:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184441 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2017, 04:15:12 PM »

I wonder if the Republicans will be dumb enough to nominate him.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »

Is Sprague really such a good candidate himself?

Leland is a good candidate for the Democrats (assuming he gets in), and I'd be concerned with Leland facing off against Mingo than Sprague since Mingo will likely outperform other Republicans in Franklin County. Mingo's also more likely to outperform with African-Americans across the state.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #352 on: March 30, 2017, 05:00:23 PM »

Just wondering, what in particular makes Mingo a bad candidate?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #353 on: March 30, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2017, 06:39:42 PM by Fearless Leader X »

Placeholder for whenever I have time to make megapost about all his scandals and skeletons and general awfulness as a candidate.  And speaking as a resident of a fairly Republican part of Franklin County, he really wouldn't over-perform generic R at all here, especially not with African-Americans.  Leland would kick Mingo's a**, to be blunt.  Of course, that's what happens when you run an A-list candidate who happens to be a fundraising powerhouse when motivated against a weak B-list Republican.  The margin may not be a blowout, to be sure, but Leland's got this if he runs unless a much stronger Republican than Mingo gets in the race.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #354 on: March 30, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »

Which wouldnt be a problem if we had Tim Ryan...

Well, it's an issue for TD Tongue

Time for Cordray to quit, run for Governor, and make his way to the White House. Tongue

I hope I'm wrong but, realistically, I'd say that if he's not out of the CFPB (whether by resignation or removal) by the end of June, then 1) OH's not getting Gov. Cordray in '18; & 2) your timeline is indeed screwed lol

I'm surprised that Cordray is still even around since the CFPB has been a huge target for the GOP. I know that Trump's hands are tied somewhat since he can fire him only for cause, and maybe they want to see what the DC Circuit says, but I'm still surprised that they haven't come up with some kind of excuse.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #355 on: March 30, 2017, 06:45:12 PM »

Should Sutton run for Renacci's seat if she loses the primary? Or is she already, politically, old news?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #356 on: March 30, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »

She couldn't really do that due to registration deadlines.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #357 on: March 30, 2017, 09:45:32 PM »

From an election junkie perspective, I'd love a Sutton vs. Renacci match-up.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #358 on: March 30, 2017, 11:12:36 PM »

Should Sutton run for Renacci's seat if she loses the primary? Or is she already, politically, old news?

Welcome to the forum!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #359 on: March 31, 2017, 12:08:31 AM »

Placeholder for whenever I have time to make megapost about all his scandals and skeletons and general awfulness as a candidate.  And speaking as a resident of a fairly Republican part of Franklin County, he really wouldn't over-perform generic R at all here, especially not with African-Americans.  Leland would kick Mingo's a**, to be blunt.  Of course, that's what happens when you run an A-list candidate who happens to be a fundraising powerhouse when motivated against a weak B-list Republican.  The margin may not be a blowout, to be sure, but Leland's got this if he runs unless a much stronger Republican than Mingo gets in the race.

REALLY interested in this follow-up when you have time. Wink

With Mingo's military background, plus being an African-American Republican office holding from a large Democratic county, I'd always assumed he's a potential future star. Not that I know much else about him.
Rjjr77
« Reply #360 on: March 31, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »

Is Sprague really such a good candidate himself?

Leland is a good candidate for the Democrats (assuming he gets in), and I'd be concerned with Leland facing off against Mingo than Sprague since Mingo will likely outperform other Republicans in Franklin County. Mingo's also more likely to outperform with African-Americans across the state.

Spragues a pretty good candidate himself.
Rjjr77
« Reply #361 on: March 31, 2017, 09:18:07 AM »

REALLY interested in this follow-up when you have time. Wink

With Mingo's military background, plus being an African-American Republican office holding from a large Democratic county, I'd always assumed he's a potential future star. Not that I know much else about him.
Im not going to rumor monger, but we'll just say he has a lot of skeletons in his closet.
Rjjr77
« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2017, 09:19:35 AM »

Id say shes the front runner right now on the D side, but hes got a big uphill climb. My guess is he finishes 3rd
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2017, 10:12:46 AM »

Who's Kasich's candidate?
Rjjr77
« Reply #364 on: March 31, 2017, 10:17:35 AM »

He has publicly backed Taylor, his LG, in the run up to the race, I dont believe hes formally endorsed, the majority of Kasich's "team" appears to be backing Mike DeWine.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2017, 11:10:15 AM »

Id say shes the front runner right now on the D side, but hes got a big uphill climb. My guess is he finishes 3rd
"Right now" is the key phrase there... add in Cordray (& if the already-announced absence of Ryan were negated), she'd be in Renacci's position lol
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2017, 11:59:47 AM »

He has publicly backed Taylor, his LG, in the run up to the race, I dont believe hes formally endorsed, the majority of Kasich's "team" appears to be backing Mike DeWine.
Worth noting that happened after Taylor betrayed Team Kasich when she voted for the new, Trump-approved OH GOP chair, Jane Timken, over long-time Kasich ally, Matt Borges.
Rjjr77
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »

Worth noting that happened after Taylor betrayed Team Kasich when she voted for the new, Trump-approved OH GOP chair, Jane Timken, over long-time Kasich ally, Matt Borges.
In fairness dewines campaign manager is a long time Kasich operative and he was hired prior to that
Rjjr77
« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »

"Right now" is the key phrase there... add in Cordray (& if the already-announced absence of Ryan were negated), she'd be in Renacci's position lol
Those are big hypothetical at this juncture. Cordray does not have a lot of time
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2017, 02:36:26 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! I feel as if I am but a mere mortal in the realm of political deities but it was about time for me to actually make an account.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »

You definitely should not feel that way.

In fairness dewines campaign manager is a long time Kasich operative and he was hired prior to that
It's funny, though, given Kasich ran DeWine's people out of OH GOP leadership back in 2010.
Rjjr77
« Reply #371 on: April 01, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »

It's funny, though, given Kasich ran DeWine's people out of OH GOP leadership back in 2010.

Different Dewine. Kevin DeWine was the party chair in 2010, in 2012 Kasich had him ousted, but he wasn't a Mike Dewine loyalist
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #372 on: April 01, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »

Different Dewine. Kevin DeWine was the party chair in 2010, in 2012 Kasich had him ousted, but he wasn't a Mike Dewine loyalist

He's Mike DeWine's second cousin.
Rjjr77
« Reply #373 on: April 01, 2017, 12:30:41 PM »

He's Mike DeWine's second cousin.

Yes... they were hardly politically connected.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #374 on: April 01, 2017, 02:25:40 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2017, 02:40:44 PM by Technocratic Timmy »

Why doesn't Cordray jump into the race?

I know that he's sworn that he wouldn't voluntarily leave the cfpb, but Trump will likely fire him the day after the Ohio filing as a way of ending his political career for good. The GOP doesn't want Cordray to run and they don't like the cfpb so this strategy would be a way of killing two birds with one stone.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies