OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:41:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiα, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184955 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: May 30, 2017, 09:27:59 AM »

After months of open secrecy, Dettelbach is out of the gate. He seems to be emphasizing his role fighting corruption as a US Attorney and is, for now, demurring on Trump.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #526 on: May 30, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »

Democrats are pushing an unlikely source — Jerry Springer — to run for governor in Ohio
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #527 on: May 30, 2017, 04:29:23 PM »

Aren't rumors of Springer being recruited for Governor a quadrennial tradition in Ohio?
Rjjr77
« Reply #528 on: May 30, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »

Seemingly, he told a friend of mine who was pushing him he wasn't running
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #529 on: May 30, 2017, 05:44:48 PM »

Springer's never gonna run and no one wants him to, but every cycle some random local reporter looking for a headline or low-level Republican operative tries to make this a thing even though everyone knows it's ridiculous.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #530 on: May 30, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »

Am I the only one the who thinks that the Dem Gov Field in OH is pretty good right now?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: May 30, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »

Am I the only one the who thinks that the Dem Gov Field in OH is pretty good right now?
One of few. It isn't bad, per se. I'm honestly just surprised it's so small.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #532 on: May 30, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »

Springer's never gonna run and no one wants him to, but every cycle some random local reporter looking for a headline or low-level Republican operative tries to make this a thing even though everyone knows it's ridiculous.

This.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #533 on: May 30, 2017, 09:46:35 PM »

Small? There's five candidates really 4 major ones about the same size as the Republican field right now. Now none of them are A list candidates but they are credible not a bunch of gadfly's.
Rjjr77
« Reply #534 on: May 30, 2017, 10:01:15 PM »

I dont think it is, not compared to the much stronger GOP field
Rjjr77
« Reply #535 on: May 30, 2017, 10:02:54 PM »

Small? There's five candidates really 4 major ones about the same size as the Republican field right now. Now none of them are A list candidates but they are credible not a bunch of gadfly's.

I think hes surprised, as am I that with so many "B-C list" candidates there arent more of them. Usually in a race with a bunch of lesser known a huge chunk get in.

I think springer is out and kuncinich is in though
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #536 on: May 30, 2017, 11:02:58 PM »

I think hes surprised, as am I that with so many "B-C list" candidates there arent more of them. Usually in a race with a bunch of lesser known a huge chunk get in.

This. With Ryan out and Cordray highly unlikely, I'm surprised the floodgates didn't break. There were twenty or so suspected B and C-listers looking at running in such a case, but now we've only got 4. (Kiefer's a D-list candidate.)

I'm also worried Kucinich is going to get in, since he's not dispelling rumors.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #537 on: May 30, 2017, 11:12:40 PM »

I mean excluding for a second the likelihood of it just being a rumor-mill situation...why would Jerry Springer be such a ridiculous choice?

If the DCCC can target Chabot (Cinn City Council) for a congressional race and Sittenfield (Cinn City Council) can be taken halfway seriously by some for a Senate race, then why can't a guy who was actually the Mayor of Cincinnati at one point run for Governor?

Those Ohio Obama-Trump voters...I think they'd eat that up. A good chunk of them were basically "celebrity voters" by any standard, anyway. How many of them do you think actually watch(ed) Springer regularly in their lives?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: May 30, 2017, 11:29:49 PM »

I don't think Springer would be awful. (Though age would bother me.) I just don't think he will.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #539 on: May 31, 2017, 07:35:14 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2017, 07:38:25 AM by Fearless Leader X »

I mean excluding for a second the likelihood of it just being a rumor-mill situation...why would Jerry Springer be such a ridiculous choice?

If the DCCC can target Chabot (Cinn City Council) for a congressional race and Sittenfield (Cinn City Council) can be taken halfway seriously by some for a Senate race, then why can't a guy who was actually the Mayor of Cincinnati at one point run for Governor?

Those Ohio Obama-Trump voters...I think they'd eat that up. A good chunk of them were basically "celebrity voters" by any standard, anyway. How many of them do you think actually watch(ed) Springer regularly in their lives?

Just to clarify, Springer wasn't elected Mayor of Cincinnati, he was appointed to a one year term by the city council.  Plus, no one in Democratic Party wants or expects him to run.  And in any case, all the current candidates are infinitely stronger (especially Schiavoni).  I'd also add that Sittenfield was only taken "seriously" as a sacrificial lamb, we all saw what happened when Strickland entered the race.
Rjjr77
« Reply #540 on: May 31, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »

This. With Ryan out and Cordray highly unlikely, I'm surprised the floodgates didn't break. There were twenty or so suspected B and C-listers looking at running in such a case, but now we've only got 4. (Kiefer's a D-list candidate.)

Yep, where are the Nina Turners, Armond Budishes, Mike Colemans, Jay Williams, Mike Ashfords, and Tom Sawyers.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #541 on: May 31, 2017, 10:19:55 AM »

Yep, where are the Nina Turners, Armond Budishes, Mike Colemans, Jay Williams, Mike Ashfords, and Tom Sawyers.

Armond Budish would be an A-list candidate, but it's too soon after FitzGerald for a Cuyahoga candidate to lead the ticket. 
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: May 31, 2017, 10:20:32 AM »

Turner could still get in, and that would bother me greatly, but Coleman was never going to do it. Budish would be a great candidate, but after the past Cuyahoga County Exec. flopped, I think he's playing it safe. Bill O'Neill might still get in since Brunner and Cordray most likely won't.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #543 on: May 31, 2017, 10:21:06 AM »

Armond Budish would be an A-list candidate, but it's too soon after FitzGerald for a Cuyahoga candidate to lead the ticket.  

Heh. Great minds think alike.
Rjjr77
« Reply #544 on: May 31, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »

I don't think Budish is an A candidate, maybe B+, certainly best of what's left
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #545 on: May 31, 2017, 12:30:00 PM »

Tbh, Budish would be stronger than Cordrey. 
Rjjr77
« Reply #546 on: May 31, 2017, 01:17:13 PM »

Tbh, Budish would be stronger than Cordrey. 

no way. How are you going to sell Budish to the rest of the state? outside of the big 3 what is the appeal?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #547 on: June 01, 2017, 01:17:58 PM »

Maybe I'm a cynic, but Mary Taylor is capitalizing on her sons' opioid addiction to connect with voters.
Rjjr77
« Reply #548 on: June 01, 2017, 03:14:37 PM »

it seems tasteless
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #549 on: June 01, 2017, 04:17:23 PM »

I mean, it was always pretty obvious that she's a terrible person (regardless of what you think of her political views)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies